• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see two sicilian cultures in the latin group, and I think alastian in the central_germanic group is a typo for alsatian?

Yes and yes, they are correct in localisation, I never actually thought people will be looking at my files.

With two cultures with the same tag, only the first one will actually be used.

I wish I had a bit of modding knowledge so I could contribute a bit to this in terms of actual constructive work; as it is I'd suggest that if you're looking for any more sources on that time, The Inheritance of Rome by Chris Wickham and In the Shadow of the Sword by Tom Holland are good for Europe and the Middle East in the period. John Julius Norwich is very readable for Byzantium based information too!

Any chance of a King Arthur-esque event for the Britons. I mean around 500ish AD is when the battle of mons badonicus takes place. I think an event chain that causes the Saxons to launch a mass invasion of the Brythonic kingdoms causing them to unite brieftly under the highest martial/diplomatic ruler would be cool.

Any chance of a King Arthur-esque event for the Britons. I mean around 500ish AD is when the battle of mons badonicus takes place. I think an event chain that causes the Saxons to launch a mass invasion of the Brythonic kingdoms causing them to unite brieftly under the highest martial/diplomatic ruler would be cool.

That would depend entirely on the Saxons invading England in the first place, and countless other factors. Butterfly effect, man.

Yeah in 480 iirc the Anglia,kent London parts of England had already fallen. It was around 700ish AD by the time the Britons were mostly pushed back into wales and cornwall. Cornwall would later join England around 860-870ish and Wales would hold out until 1200s.

I know at one point powys even managed to push back the Saxons pretty good. Historically the Britons won a key battle around500 AD that halted the saxon expansion for about 50 years. Around 570 AD the Saxons won a key battle themselves and pushed to the Severn Sea.

Im not a complete expert on the history so I could be wrong with the dates.

What is difficult about the Athurian Legend, is that we don´t really know when he lived. I mean, either he has already died or, he won´t be born for several centuries. In my opinion, there are just too many people thought to be Arthur to make something in-game that has any historical accuracy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arthurian_characters

Am I a beta tester! I am deeply honored. Thank you Enlil and I will try to help you out more with events and can make french localization for the mod (that I know how to do). I could also, later, announce your mod on the french forums. But for the moment if you need help I can mostly help you with localization in french and maybe english.

Last edited:
The Opportunity of a Lifetime!

Ladies and Gents, I have a deal to make. There are some events that need to be made, I've said it before, but nobody answered, but now, I have an incentive finally worth your while event modders! Those who help make an event, any event, and it works will get a character of themselves wherever they want in the world. Those who do something truly incredible will get a character, and will get to be on the Historical Dynasty Screen.

Notice: Also, the Handpicked beta-tester team is now available on the front page.

First of all, THANK YOU A TRILLION TIMES for allowing me to be a beta tester!

Second, I would love to make an event or two but I must tell you, events are not my strong side. Im much better at modding characters, provinces, titles and to some extent, localisation. Basically just about any localisation or .txt modding (except for decisions and events)

And thrid, Thank you another trillion times!

Though I actually have made (with a lot of help) one decision that you could consider integrating into your fantastic mod. It is called Birth Control and it prevents a ruler from having any kids WITH HIS WIFE unless he disables it. It works, the AI won´t enable it and you can enable and disable it at will. Interested?

Though I actually have made (with a lot of help) one decision that you could consider integrating into your fantastic mod. It is called Birth Control and it prevents a ruler from having any kids WITH HIS WIFE unless he disables it. It works, the AI won´t enable it and you can enable and disable it at will. Interested?

Is this really needed? Could be a separate module though.

I have read write-up on the states of the world in 1456 in AAR section, and that got me thinking. We really need to implement some sort of implosion mechanism to prevent empires from existing for 1000 of years. May be nomadic cultures should fell behind technological tree, may be dynasties should accumulate negative traits to help them die out. Diadochi kings seems to do the first and Generational Inbreeding addresses the second. I'm not a modder, so I don't know how it can be ensured, but Hunns in 1456 and Sassanids (that makes them what, 1232 years in power?) shouldn't be possible, at least for AI.

I have read write-up on the states of the world in 1456 in AAR section, and that got me thinking. We really need to implement some sort of implosion mechanism to prevent empires from existing for 1000 of years. May be nomadic cultures should fell behind technological tree, may be dynasties should accumulate negative traits to help them die out. Diadochi kings seems to do the first and Generational Inbreeding addresses the second. I'm not a modder, so I don't know how it can be ensured, but Hunns in 1456 and Sassanids (that makes them what, 1232 years in power?) shouldn't be possible, at least for AI.

And why not?! Why should Empires be any different than any regular-sized nations? I´d say that Persia and the Huns have as much right to exist for a long time as San Marino, Ethiopia or China

Just tested Unite the Franks, still doesn't work... :sad:

But on Better news, I'm going to go observe and tomorrow give a pic of how crazy the world can get by the time the mongols come. :mellow:
Do a timelapse :)!
OK, so the Roman Army around 480 was about 250,000. Obviously it can't be that big. By what factor should I reduce it if I were making the legions?
And seeing as the Limitanei were in fortifications occupying the border, should I have them as vassal mercs or just leave them abstracted as garrison troops?

Last edited:
And why not?! Why should Empires be any different than any regular-sized nations? I´d say that Persia and the Huns have as much right to exist for a long time as San Marino, Ethiopia or China
Ok, maybe countries could survive, but not dynasties. How many dinasties changed in Ethiopia and China during this timelapse? How many times they imploded? Iran survived of course, but not Sassanids.

I saw on your first screenshot that the Frisii is a kingdom, I would saw the where a Petty Kingdom (thus duke-tier) since the franks called them Dukes, but the Anglo-Saxons called the Frisii Kings (this since the Franks where quitte hostile towards the Frisians and the Anglo-Saxons where related and close trade partners).

Also east-frisia would be better of in the hands of the Frisii, northern Frisia was probably taken over later after the Franks conquerred large parts of the Frisian lands..

I saw on your first screenshot that the Frisii is a kingdom, I would saw the where a Petty Kingdom (thus duke-tier) since the franks called them Dukes, but the Anglo-Saxons called the Frisii Kings (this since the Franks where quitte hostile towards the Frisians and the Anglo-Saxons where related and close trade partners).

Also east-frisia would be better of in the hands of the Frisii, northern Frisia was probably taken over later after the Franks conquerred large parts of the Frisian lands..

Speaking of the Frisii, is there a possibility that Heligoland will be added as a province? The last Frisian king took refuge there from the Franks and wasn´t conquered by any one until the Danish in the early 1200s. I would love to have another island were you can sit on your butt and just don´t give a crap about anything! I´ve done this before with Socotra, Iceland and to a point, Gotland and Sicily

Status
Not open for further replies.