• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many of them that maybe you do not need to model them all in game. Ragnachar was a petty king, and he can be vassal or a little titular duke near Childeric. Maybe if Clovis or Childeric unifies the main kings (the ripuaries and the salians) the other can swear featlthy to the one that has done that?

Maybe for the bookmarks you could add a bookmark where Clovis has converted and the franks settled down?

Yes, but we are currently not ready for more bookmarks.

Yes, but we are currently not ready for more bookmarks.

Ok, but their division is sufficient to model with two tribal kings (ripuaries and salians), if you want to have more different frankish tribes (all related and allied) you can but they only need to be dukes.

Ok, but their division is sufficient to model with two tribal kings (ripuaries and salians), if you want to have more different frankish tribes (all related and allied) you can but they only need to be dukes.

Okay

Well, they didn't exist at the start date, so they have to be formed.

Of course they should be formed but should they be a part of or just allied with the Empire?

Of course they should be formed but should they be a part of or just allied with the Empire?

If they do not exist they can't be allied to anyone! When they are formed and therfor existing they should only be allied to the Empire, maybe even only religiously.

Here's your updated Religious Map and Dejure Spain:

Some of the name changes:
76LXosU.png

The Kingdoms:
jd72vZC.png

The Duchies:
Jagrx34.png

World Religions:
DYxlWFC.png

Would the exarchates be formed by event or by manually giving them out to people? Also, did they pay tax or troops to Constantinople? If they did then I would say they were a part of the Empire. Anyway, maps show them as a part of the ERE and in vanilla Russians are a part of the Golden Horde, even though all they really did was pay a bit of tribute now and again.

Do you have updated political and culture maps? Otherwise the new maps look quiet good. Could you tell me also which tribes and provinces that are arians?

Last edited:
If the Romans doesn´t Romanize them first, I mean, they could choose to prioritze it again.
Well I see two big issues with that:
a) It requires a complete reversal from the current trend of Roman politics.
b) It requires a complete reversal from the current trend in Roman success.

When the game starts, the Western Romans have fallen - their empire needs to be be enlarged to gain any amount of prestige again. If the barbarians had had any respect for the scattered rumps of Roman civilization, nations like Soissons might have lasted a little longer - though that should partially hinge on whether Zeno has given the crown of the west to Odoacer or Syagrius.

I'm not a modding expert. Maybe you can make a honorary title like the one that exist for republics. The problem with this too is that merovingian kings did never get very old. Maybe once you get a son you need to decide which land he will get?
I'm going to be frank: I am almost 100% certain you cannot decide what land he will get, only what land he has.

Not event troups, permanent troups that defend the empire from other barbarians. And the title they should get should be a duchy and not something tribal. They should get the dejure duchy that was already there.
Event troops are permanent troops.

Here's your updated Religious Map and Dejure Spain:

Shouldn´t Scandinavia be Norse Pagans? Or is it not a seperate religion by this time?

Im assuming that you are going to remove Catalonia from the duchies?

Event troops are permanent troops.

I meant permanent levies.

Edit: And what would you suugest to make it so that the sucession is divided equitably and not with randoom provinces everywhere if that does not work (with honorary titles)?

Also, these are the Church Councils/Synods I will be adding:

Second Council of Constantinople

Outcomes:

1. Monophytism rejoins Nicene, Nestorian becomes heresy

a. Pope accepts council, events fire for Milan and Aquileia

I. Milan and Aquileia accept council, nothing more happens
II. Milan and Aquileia schism from the Church, becoming a new branch of Christianity.

b. Pope denies council, event fires for Ecumenial Patriarch.
I. Patriarch excommunicates Pope, Catholic/Orthodox schism
II. Patriarch reverses judgement, changes undone

2. Nestorian rejoins Nicene Christianity

a. Pope accepts council, events fire for Milan and Aquileia

I. Milan and Aquileia accept council, nothing more happens
II. Milan and Aquileia schism from the Church, becoming a new branch of Christianity.

b. Pope denies council, event fires for Ecumenial Patriarch.
I. Patriarch excommunicates Pope, Catholic/Orthodox schism
II. Patriarch reverses judgement, changes undone

3. Constantinople cuts of communion with Rome, Monophysites become a new branch, Nestorian becomes a heresy of the new branch.

Third Council of Constantinople

1. Monothelitism becomes a heresy

2. Council affirms Monothelite stance, Monothelite replaces Chalcedonian

a. Pope agrees, and becomes Monothelite (Events fire for each ruler asking their side in this theological matter: Character Becomes Chalcedonain or Monothelite )

b. Pope disagrees, Monothelite-Catholic Schism (Events fire for each ruler asking their side in this theological matter: Character Becomes Catholic or Monothelite )

Quinisext Council

1. Council denies doctrine changes: nothing happens

2. Council approves: No gameplay changes

a. Pope disagrees, event fires for Ecumenial patriarch

I. Patriarch orders the Pope's arrest, Exarchate of Revenna can choose to defend the pope. Schism

II. Patriarch lets it go, moral authority takes a hit.

b. Pope agrees (very unlikely): nothing happens

Council of Hieria

a. Iconoclasm is denied, becomes heresy

b. Iconoclasm accepted, Most of Byzantine Empire becomes Iconoclastic: Second Council of Nicaea fires in 50 years. Lateran Council Fires for Pope.

Second Council of Nicaea

1. Iconoclasm is denied, Pope increases relations with the Patriarch, Iconoclasm becomes a heresy, Most of Empire reverts to Chalcedonian

2. Iconoclasm accepted: Catholic-Iconoclast Schism

Council of Aachen

1. Adoptionism is accepted

a. Ecumenial Patriarch denies it, Adoptionistic-Orthodox Schism: Adoptionism stays heresy

b. Patriarch accepts, Adoptionism becomes new mainstream

2. Adoptionism denied: Filioque added to the creed:

a. Patriarch accepts, nothing happens

b. Patriarch denies: moral authority hit, East/West relations hurt.

Council of Austerfield

1. Wilfred is returned to his see, event for Archbishop of Canterbury:

a. denies, Saxon Church Schisms from Chalcedonian

b. accepts, nothing happens

2. Wilfred is denied: moral authority hit

Concilium Germanicum

1. Re-organisation of Frankish Churches, moral authority increased

2. Pope excommunicates Austrasian church, Schisms from Chalcedonain. Event For High Patriarch in Jerusalem

a. Austrasian becomes heresy of Chalcedonain

b. Austrasian becomes legitimate branch

Council of Tours 813

1. Latin is affirmed as Church Language, Pope gains prestige and moral authority

2. Vulgar Latin is affirmed for Sermons, begin Frankish melting pot

Lateran Council

Depose Antipope CB and Antiking faction unlocked regardless of descision

1. Iconoclasm denied, Catholic-Orthodox Schism, France goes Catholic, Byzantium goes Orthodox and Iconoclast

2. Iconoclasm neutral: nothing happens, Reduced relations with Frankish King.

Is it Nicene or Chalcedonian? Because you use nicene many times in your text about the councils.

What have you planned in terms of Arians?

Status
Not open for further replies.