• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also a suggestion for the byzantine
The first emperors were clearly Romans, or atleast had a preference for Latin. However, since Greek was the dominant culture in their domain, the emperor's court spoke both Latin and Greek, and later on the Emperor's themselves adopted the Greek language. As such after the 6th century all laws were in Greek. As such, I think it would be a interesting if the first Emperors were Roman in their culture and, like the Norse cultural division events and decisions, could choose to become Greek later on.
Also, I would like to suggest the possibility of a Schism like the one in our timeline with Photius. If someone becomes Pope and the Ecumenical Patriach doesn't like him or vice versa, each side could excommunicate one another, leading to a first schism. However, I also believe it should be possible for the schism to not happen at all as well.

The Eastern Roman Empire now is pretty much completely Greek, there are a few Roman provinces in Italy, and Syagrius Rex is Roman, but overall their culture won't last much longer. Also, there are two scenarios for the Schism, plus two odd ones.
1. The Holy Roman Empire is created, and the Byzantines still exist
2. Contantinople falls, and the Pope declares himself Supreme
3. Schism does not happen
Odd Ones:
Catholic/Iconoclast Schism
Secret Schism

I wonder what you would do with places like, say modern-day Russia, we have no information, apart from very vague about what was going on there, would you cut the map, to leave such places out of the game?
That brings up the question of Slavs - Slavic history before, say, middle of VI century BC, when they started raiding ERE provinces, belongs to the realms of archeology and anthropology, not a narrative history, we know that Slavs existed, somewhere there (see pic.) and started migrating North, South and East, but little more.

Yeah, we have a few Slavic tribes, but those are the ones that migrated into the range of the Byzantine writers. (Venedi, Antae, Slaveni) I think if I add anything to Russia, it'll come later. First thing is to get this mod to the people.

What is the end date going to be and what does the de jure map look like?
Dejure map is a work in progress, and this mod is capable of taking you all the way to 1453, my AAR probably wont go that long though. So your Hunnic Empire can be invaded by the mongols.
How about melting pots for Roman culture to become Italian, Occitan, Frankish, Iberian etc?

Yes, those events are in place.
How are Muslims going to work?
There are many events regarding the Rise of Islam, and the Schism regarding various Caliph based scenarios.

And finally, I think the vast majority of former Roman land would be Roman cultured with whatever culture overlords.

The vast majority of the land are not Roman technically, but Roman cultural blends like Romano-Gallic, Romano-Hispanic, Romano-British, and Romano-Hispanic. Other conversions will allow the creation of Romano-Gothic, Romano-Saxon, Romano-Pictish, and Romao-Persian. That's so if a Gothic lord eventually embraces Roman culture, the people won't become Romans, they'll become a sort of blend.

Oh another thing.
As you propably know, the theme system was not in place since the start of the empire. Maybe have a decision to be able use the theme system, and if you enact it you can freely revoke duke tier titles within the byzantine empire, if you are the Emperor.

Oh another thing.
As you propably know, the theme system was not in place since the start of the empire. Maybe have a decision to be able use the theme system, and if you enact it you can freely revoke duke tier titles within the byzantine empire, if you are the Emperor.

That's a pretty minor thing at this point, I'm currently working on all of the possible culture conversions.

That's a pretty minor thing at this point, I'm currently working on all of the possible culture conversions.
Oh alright.
Maybe someone here can shed some light on the pre - Islamic Egyptians? I think they are different cultures and that would wager a culture event I believe.

Just another possible event. The year mohammed was born the ethiopians were trying to capture mecca. They failed because of a great sandstorm. That would be a pretty cool alt history without an islam and with ethiopian arabia.

At your starting date, China is in chaos - multiple dynasties seek to unify the country. However, the Tang dynasty succeeds around 600 and expands into Central Asia. A large part of present-day Afghanistan, Kazakhstan and Tajikistan (at the time Turkic/Iranic in culture and Buddhist in religion) was under their control. How do you plan on modelling that in the game, given that China itself is not in the map?

Reference links: Tang Dynasty, Battle of Talas. Note the enormous importance of papermaking (and historical impact in general, Arab hold on the conquered - and still largely Zoroastrian - Persian territories was shaky at best, a defeat would have meant open rebellion and perhaps even reestablishment of Zoroastrian Persia)

Regarding what GulMacet said, I remember reading somewhere on these forums that the Chinese wanted to restore a Zoroastrian Persia. Maybe if the Chinese dynasty invades and conquers all of De jure Persia they take the decision to give to a powerful local zoroastrian ruler?

The Eastern Roman Empire now is pretty much completely Greek, there are a few Roman provinces in Italy, and Syagrius Rex is Roman, but overall their culture won't last much longer. Also, there are two scenarios for the Schism, plus two odd ones.
1. The Holy Roman Empire is created, and the Byzantines still exist
2. Contantinople falls, and the Pope declares himself Supreme
3. Schism does not happen
Odd Ones:
Catholic/Iconoclast Schism
Secret Schism

Secret schism? As in: neither side really doing anything and having a slow process of seperation, or a way to schism that you just don't want to tell?

Also: perhaps it might be an idea to actually start with the AAR...

Ah, by the way, the bulgars should have two possible migrations. One should be in the north in the historical Volga Bulgaria region and one in the Balkans. However, I will wait and see how migrations are handled in the mod before making suggestions.

First of all, It looks great!
My vote is for the Anglo-Saxons (or whatever the Germans in Britain are named at the start), it doesn't seem like they got much of a chance, but both Soissons and the Vandals were my next choices anyway.

In Britain there are Jutes, Angles, and Saxons. Also, the Frisians decide to cross the channel and invade.

A question regarding cultures, just wondering if there is still a Hebrew culture somewhere.

What should I call the culture, Sephardi or Hebrew?

At your starting date, China is in chaos - multiple dynasties seek to unify the country. However, the Tang dynasty succeeds around 600 and expands into Central Asia. A large part of present-day Afghanistan, Kazakhstan and Tajikistan (at the time Turkic/Iranic in culture and Buddhist in religion) was under their control. How do you plan on modelling that in the game, given that China itself is not in the map?

Reference links: Tang Dynasty, Battle of Talas. Note the enormous importance of papermaking (and historical impact in general, Arab hold on the conquered - and still largely Zoroastrian - Persian territories was shaky at best, a defeat would have meant open rebellion and perhaps even reestablishment of Zoroastrian Persia)

This is really interesting. Maybe a minor horde event? Now like, 200 million men but maybe the equivalent of a large nation. They could conquer nations, but still are a defeatable force.

Secret schism? As in: neither side really doing anything and having a slow process of seperation, or a way to schism that you just don't want to tell?

Secret as in that it is a secret, It's hidden away in the files and is a neat surprise to anyone lucky enough for it to trigger.

Ah, by the way, the bulgars should have two possible migrations. One should be in the north in the historical Volga Bulgaria region and one in the Balkans. However, I will wait and see how migrations are handled in the mod before making suggestions.

The current idea for migrations operates on a system where a tribe can forfeit its lands and gain event troops. Then it can declare a war and move somewhere else. Because of that all tribal titles are landless, so the High Chief of the Sabirs can end up as an unlanded courtier in someone's court, but he still has his title. Works fairly well for players, but having the AI perform realistic ones is more challenging. To compensate various versions of the Hungary events exist regarding the migrations of Lombards, Avars, Bolghars, and more. But a tribe in the control of a player can be a highly migrant entity, moving wherever necessary, but only once in a ruler's lifetime.

Dear God, imagine the possibilities!
Avar France :rolleyes:

Dear God, imagine the possibilities!
Avar France :rolleyes:

Yeah, but there's still a lot of work to do with the event, not an expert event modder, I'm testing the new migration even so I'll tell you how it goes.

The Most Anticipated Catch: Migrations

The Most Anticipated Catch: Migrations
Welcome back kids, tomorrow is the last day for voting, and I decided to feed you ravenous wolves and show you the most anticipated part of a Migrational Era AAR: Migrations!

The Heruls are eyeing Tato's land, in fact, they're taking it. Tato know's there's no future for his people in this land.
ohyzBb4.png

So, the Lombard's lands are abandoned, and the Lombards head for Italy.
KbhSAoS.png

The Lombard Horde encounters allies of Italy, Theodoric?
cxUfbvp.png

6qj8AnH.png

Eventually, the Lombards have conquered themselves a new homeland in Istria, perfect for staging more devestating attacks against the Italians.
89KlveF.png

Interesting. What happens to the old lands once you migrate?

Randomly generated peasant leaders take it, so its perfect for someone else to expand into.
Oh Great. Just another question.
Who is eligible to migrate?

Two Things of Note:

1. I am redoing the Great Schism events to be more fluid, I thought they were currently too rigid and forced history too much. Currently the Holy Roman Empire Schism results in the Byzantine Emperor always going Orthodox and the HRE going Catholic. The others have 45% chance of Catholic/Orthodox and a 10% of a heresy.

2. Many of the lesser tribes can migrate, and a few larger ones. I don't see the Kingdom of the Franks or Vandalica staging a new migration, too large to be realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.