• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mod seems like it will be great when you release it. I think it will be pretty popular, with the time period and the amazing name, if you choose to keep the name.

I wonder what kind of events and decisions there are for the new religions.
Also, if you aave mazdakism in, you should consider adding decisions and events inspired by King Kavadh's I works, like moving against the Clergy. Also, since he lived during the time period, having himn as a courtier is a must.
If it were up to me, I would conquer Latium only to make him it's duke just for the fun :p

Thank you for the votes and thank you for the historical improvements, making this better is a major reason why I am doing this. I'm not going to be one of those modders that shout, "This is my mod and I don't want your sass!" You people clearly have knowledge on history, because you are playing CK2.
Can I suggest an easter egg character instead of a historical improvement? An Ambitious Genius Brilliant Strategist landless courtier of the House Savage would be a nice little surprise in the court of Huneric.

Many events are fairly underdeveloped, I'm currently the base of what I need to post it. More religious flavor and such will come later. But for the people's amusement, the current Christians and Pagans in game:
(Any event suggestions would be helpful)
Christian:
Nicene (Patriarchs and events that make the Patriarch of Rome and the Patriarch of Constantinople the Pope and Ecumenical Patriarch, Great Schism)
Arian (Raiding available)
Donatism (Lots of events regarding the Bishop of Carthage, and the founding or refounding of the Agonisticis)
Monophysite (You know this one)
Nestorian (You know this one)
Miaphysite (Still know this one)
Kartivellian (Georgian Orthodox church)
Insular (Celtic Christianity)

Pagan
West African Pagan (Much larger than 867)
East African Pagan (Pretty small, won't survive much longer)
Slavic Pagan ( A bit smaller due to the Germans)
Germanic Pagan (Huge, biggest pagan religion)
Finnish Pagan (Owns more land in Scandinavia)
Tengri Pagan (now in a shade of orange)
Arabic Pagan (Almost dead, very few rulers)
Georgian Pagan (extinct, exists for the Iberian King's List)
Hellenic Pagan (Owns a few provinces in Italy and Greece, 1 vassal for the Byzantines)
Basque Pagan (They have 1 nation, and 3 provinces, so don't see much flavor (Flavour for you classy folk) for them.

Hmmm, since Hellenism still exists you should ask the one that developed the Ancient Religions mod if you can use his events and decisions.
Also, why do I have a feeling many people will try to restore arabic and eastern african paganism to their former glory as their first game :p

Please, release the mod.

First I'm going to do this AAR, this will allow people to see the game and give advice on how to make it better. Also, by holding it back, this AAR becomes unique, because if I release it, ekorovin will make his Niflung AAR, not like a day after I release it, immediately.

A suggestion for the Iberian penisula and Aquitaine:

You don't show much of that area, but from what we can see, you have a solid block of Visigoth culture in Hispania. That is far from the reality at any time of the Visigoth dominance in Iberia ( they never mixed much with the local Hispano-Roman ( *hint* ) population and actually had pretty strict no mix laws for quite a while ... ) and actually at this time most of them still lived in the Garonne valley between Toulouse and Bordeaux ( sketch map from wiki ) and what is today Catalonia ( that BTW is a corruption of Gothaland :D ). So maybe a lot of Hispano-Roman culture is needed there ( BTW all of this also applies to the Suebi )

Oh, and remember, Visigoths were Arian at the time, but the locals most definitely were not ( they were Nicene with a splash of Old Celtic related paganism in Western Lusitania )

Ah, I see.
My two suggestions:

Odoacer was Erulian, not an Ostrogoth.
And Palestine still had a Jewish majority in some places, dunno where, tho. Historically, Jews rebelled two more times in the 6th and 7th centuries. Last time they even made Palestine a Persian province and massacred most of the Christians there.

Just from a quick glance at Wikipedia, it looks like you got Theodoric and Odoacer mixed up. I might be wrong about that, but it seems like Odoacer invaded and deposed Theodoric, not the other way around.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I was wrong. They worded it pretty weirdly, it seems like.

Damn it! I am a third of the way through an Old Gods play through as the Irish that I was planning on making into an AAR with potential to push into the next EUIV, but as after reading this thread I want to do one with this mod instead! How are you representing the proto-Irish/Scots and the Pictish/Manx cultures of the time? Are they all muddled together as the Welsh, or do you break them down into Cornish/ Welsh, Picts/Manx, Irish/Scots and the like? I am curious as to how they will be flavored as their cultures at the time were a tig different than they were later on and especially after the ravaging of the Norse and the breakdown of the monastic system in Eire.
I now wait with baited breath for you to release this AAR and will try to keep my greedy fingers still as I await a chance to play it after you work all the kinks out of the systems. I mean there is no easy way to represent things in Eire at the time as it was not until the council of Tara in 697 that Irish women were forbidden to battle, so Irish women generals would be a nice flavor, and places like Dublin did not exist then, so perhaps some more empty slots as opposed to Ostmen/ Danish settlements. Give the proto-Irish Raid events as they did quite a bit of that during the era. Your mod sounds very intreging and gives me all sorts of ideas. I hope your project continues to flourish and blossom!

Also a suggestion for the byzantine
The first emperors were clearly Romans, or atleast had a preference for Latin. However, since Greek was the dominant culture in their domain, the emperor's court spoke both Latin and Greek, and later on the Emperor's themselves adopted the Greek language. As such after the 6th century all laws were in Greek. As such, I think it would be a interesting if the first Emperors were Roman in their culture and, like the Norse cultural division events and decisions, could choose to become Greek later on.
Also, I would like to suggest the possibility of a Schism like the one in our timeline with Photius. If someone becomes Pope and the Ecumenical Patriach doesn't like him or vice versa, each side could excommunicate one another, leading to a first schism. However, I also believe it should be possible for the schism to not happen at all as well.

I wonder what you would do with places like, say modern-day Russia, we have no information, apart from very vague about what was going on there, would you cut the map, to leave such places out of the game?
That brings up the question of Slavs - Slavic history before, say, middle of VI century BC, when they started raiding ERE provinces, belongs to the realms of archeology and anthropology, not a narrative history, we know that Slavs existed, somewhere there (see pic.) and started migrating North, South and East, but little more.
Sv4rhjv.png

A few questions:
What is the end date going to be and what does the de jure map look like?
How about melting pots for Roman culture to become Italian, Occitan, Frankish, Iberian etc?
How are Muslims going to work?
And finally, I think the vast majority of former Roman land would be Roman cultured with whatever culture overlords.

I think there was a mod in the same time period but for EU3. Maybe you should go check it out for ideas ,since it handled some things like the Slavs and the migrations really well.

A suggestion for the Iberian penisula and Aquitaine:

You don't show much of that area, but from what we can see, you have a solid block of Visigoth culture in Hispania. That is far from the reality at any time of the Visigoth dominance in Iberia ( they never mixed much with the local Hispano-Roman ( *hint* ) population and actually had pretty strict no mix laws for quite a while ... ) and actually at this time most of them still lived in the Garonne valley between Toulouse and Bordeaux ( sketch map from wiki ) and what is today Catalonia ( that BTW is a corruption of Gothaland :D ). So maybe a lot of Hispano-Roman culture is needed there ( BTW all of this also applies to the Suebi )

Oh, and remember, Visigoths were Arian at the time, but the locals most definitely were not ( they were Nicene with a splash of Old Celtic related paganism in Western Lusitania )

Thank you for your help, Visigothica now has a Majority Romano-Hispanic Nicene Population.

Status
Not open for further replies.