• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got it working now! When I came back from dinner I downloaded it and it worked. Fantastic mod :) Western Rome is a theocracy for some reason though 0_o
That is a known issue with the current version.

That is a known issue with the current version.
Why do Romulus Augustulus and Odoacer directly control 30+ provinces at their respective scenario start(s), anyways? That's clearly the source of the problem there, since the mod then scans all the provs they control, sees that some of them are temples, and concludes "Aha! That must be a theocracy." You've already got fictional dudes elsewhere on the map, why not add some to Northern Italy to resolve that issue?

Last edited:
Now that we got a sub-forum do you think it would be good to create threads for each region to discuss ideas for each region; perhaps the same could be done for religions as well.

Is it not enough that we have one discussion thread, one bug-report thread, one suggestions thread and one AAR thread?

Great mod and the migration cb is very neat. I just migrated with the Gepids into Macedonia conquering modern day Serbia and Bosnia in the process as well. Two generations down I am slowly turning the region into Germanic territory (although religion wise I gave in and became a Nicene).

Is it not enough that we have one discussion thread, one bug-report thread, one suggestions thread and one AAR thread?

The point of doing region threads and at least one religion thread is to help keep things organize and easier to read and reply for topics on each region/religion.

Now that we got a sub-forum do you think it would be good to create threads for each region to discuss ideas for each region; perhaps the same could be done for religions as well.
Yes, it is a good idea, I will personally make a Localization, Credits and Mapping threads though. Do it in big regions and religion/culture groups.

Releases will from now on also be made in separate threads. ;)

Last edited:
A suggestion. Normally I wouldn't suggest this as a vehicle for paganism, especially since this is a 480 AD mod, but..... at this time period, you should absolutely have counties where the dominant religion is Sol Invictus; it was popular enough at this period in time that Augustine would peach against it, and while there are no inscriptions for it at this time period, there is artwork referencing it, even 'christian' artwork, for some time hence. I think its definately a doomed religion no matter how you cut it, since there's no organization for it, but it should still be there, and CK2 is about fluid history.

Actually, now that I think about it, you do have 'Hellenistic' provinces, I guess they could just represent Sol Invictus. You might also want some occasional christian flavor to it though, since there were a LOT of cases where christian peasantry would worship Christ as Sol Invictus, as evidenced by stuff like Roman artwork showing Jesus flying on the chariot of the sun, and speeches by people like Augustine saying "Let us celebrate this day as a feast not for the sake of this sun, which is beheld by believers as much as by ourselves, but for the sake of him who created the sun" - and so on. Actually, hell, it might even work neat as heresy of Hellenism (or Nicene Christianity) - which would definitely be interesting to think of as a historical possibility, however unlikely it is that 'hellenized' Christianity could have lasted any longer then it did.

Last edited:
A suggestion. Normally I wouldn't suggest this as a vehicle for paganism, especially since this is a 480 AD mod, but..... at this time period, you should absolutely have counties where the dominant religion is Sol Invictus; it was popular enough at this period in time that Augustine would peach against it, and while there are no inscriptions for it at this time period, there is artwork referencing it, even 'christian' artwork, for some time hence. I think its definately a doomed religion no matter how you cut it, since there's no organization for it, but it should still be there, and CK2 is about fluid history.

Actually, now that I think about it, you do have 'Hellenistic' provinces, I guess they could just represent Sol Invictus. You might also want some occasional christian flavor to it though, since there were a LOT of cases where christian peasantry would worship Christ as Sol Invictus, as evidenced by stuff like Roman artwork showing Jesus flying on the chariot of the sun, and speeches by people like Augustine saying "Let us celebrate this day as a feast not for the sake of this sun, which is beheld by believers as much as by ourselves, but for the sake of him who created the sun" - and so on. Actually, hell, it might even work neat as heresy of Hellenism (or Nicene Christianity) - which would definitely be interesting to think of as a historical possibility, however unlikely it is that 'hellenized' Christianity could have lasted any longer then it did.

Isn't "Latin Solar" basically Sol Invictus?

Isn't "Latin Solar" basically Sol Invictus?
Yes, it represents that as far as I know. I beliuve Enlil/I talked about it in a preview or dev diary.

How the hell do you pronounce beta?
In a wrong way. :p, I think I'm more likely to be pronouncing "ETA" wrongly. Anyway, lets stay on topic. the Kemtic holy ste error is dure to me, and I will have it fixed.

Is this mod supposed to work with Way of Life? I have the DLC activated, the focus thing shows up and some characters have the WoL traits. I can't choose the focus though.

Edit: You can move this to Quick Questions if you want. Careless me didn't look at the rest of the threads in the subforum

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.