• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how half of the posts are homages and praises to Enlil... If we ever get a subforum you should create a thread dedicated to only that. :p

Last edited:
Dev Diary 5: Enlil uses Arians and Germans in a sentence without discussing WW2
(With Celts, Nicnes, Balkans, Zunists and Monophysites on the side)

The Nicene Church:

The Nicene Church perhaps more accurately called Chalcedonianism, is the most prevalent religion on the map, with 186 provinces under its control, 26 more
than those blasted Germanic heathens (see below)

They're taking the Fall of Rome pretty hard, they say the Nicene Church gained 20 provinces last week already...
s9IA66I.png

Functionally, the Nicene Church is very much similar to Orthodoxy from vanilla CK2, with some neat flavor that Orthodox doesn't have.

Those Caucasian fools will rue the day they refused to kneel to I, Ioseph, Patriarch of Antioch!
bajr44I.png

First off, there are Church councils, which the Nicene Church has every one and a while. (Sorry they are slow in actually being produced, your Emperor isn't very
good at making long even chains.)

Also, there is the ever present possibility of a Schism, with a variety of different causes.

Though the Nicene Church seems powerful currently, the majority of its faithful languish under barbarian lords, and those that are free are in difficult positions.

The telltale stripes of oppression
nJMGpkG.png

NICENE RULERS :

Good ol' Syagrius is pretty far away from any of his Nicene brothers, and quite frankly is in danger of getting ahniiliated by Franks.

Roman vassals under Visigothic and Italian overlords

Roman Empire (East/West) is under attack from all sides

Mazandaran: Two county Kingdom, surrounded on all sides by Sassanids? Sounds fun!

Tangiers: Two county Praetorship, surrounded on all sides by infidels? Sounds fun!

Mauretania: The Vandals would love your land

Today Gibraltar, Tomorrow the Mare Nostrum!
QKT2FXO.png

In Other Words:
Nicene faith is looking like its doomed unless a certain charismatic barbarian decides to recant his no doubt heretical or heathen beliefs for the Nicene Church.

And that person can be you!

Convert now and we'll declare you Emperor in the West!
XkSJgJI.png

What Is Planned for the Future:
1. More Church Council events
2. Perhaps some general flavor
3. More to do with Feudal/Church relations

Those Germanic Heathens (As Mentioned Earlier)

Germanics have a lot of neat features that make playing them an interesting experience.

First, there are over 20 events regarding tribal law for various cultures, forcing a ruler to either be progressive or traditionalist.

When reformed, they have Autocephalous High Priests, although the localization is off because somebody (Paradox) doesn't allow us to apply custom localization for Patriarchs in Autocephaly!

Germanics, like Nicenes, have schism events that result into divisions into Saxon, Norse, and Germanic paganism.

What more, Germanics can choose to sacrifice prisoners, whenever they want, along with great Blots and runestones and such.

I was looking for a good landed character to demonstrate sacrifices, and Arbogast was at the wrong place at the wrong time...
8n7l0Yw.png

Another interesting feature are holy trees, which can be discovered as the game progresses. These can become more or less holy over time, and there are some neat
events regarding them. They also can become rallying points for rebels either resisting Christian rule, or a Germanic Reformation, and a pious Christian ruler can
choose to chop down the tree.

The Alamannians also have a special mass animal sacrifice that was unique to their culture.

What kind of Animal? What traditions? Download this mod and find out!
RtdJuWA.png

Another Cultural-Religious feature is for the Herulians, who execute their sick and old.

These features are an attempt to add various Cultural-Religious flavor, to represent culture's effect on religion.

Some of the features for other religions:
Saint Worship and Autonomous Bishoprics for Romano-Gallic Nicenes
Pagan Rituals for Nestorian South Arabs
Monastary tradition for Irish and Scots of Insular and Nicene Christianity.

What is Planned for the Future:
1. More cultural events for various practitioners of Germanic Paganism
2. Events regarding the new tribal holding
3. More to do with Holy Trees, and German-Christian Syncretism

Arian Heretics!

Arianism is a hard religion to give flavor to, as they don't have much to work off of, but I have given them some neat stuff.

First off, they have Autocephalous Patriarchs like Nicene does, but no central religious head.

I bet the Patriarch of Antioch has more subjects than me...
cJIftSN.png

Arian rulers also have to make decisions on how to treat Nicenes in their lands, either equality, or treat them like heretics Vandal style.

Arians also have trouble converting Nicenes to Arianism, so they will grow slowly.

Celtic Heathens!

Celtic flavor can be checked out at the Ancient Religions page, as that mod is integrated.

Zunists!

Zhunbils are relatively without flavor, as there is little about them, but there is a neat feature regarding reformation.

Praise the Sun!
QsvwvZ5.png

If Zunism becomes powerful, a player will have a variety of different choices:

1. Reform the Religion naturally, be the religious head, and be a reformed pagan.
2. Join the Indian group as a 4th religion
3. Enter the Iranian group, gain a religious head (not you), and gain access to some Zoroastrian mechanics.

Monophysites:

The main Monophysite power are the Ghassanids, who lost their prestigious buffer-state privileges when they converted to the horrid Monophysite heresy.

The Byzantines would definitely ever have to deal with another Arab based religion on the Jerusalem front ever again.
4pMVENP.png

They will be getting a lot of the Nicene features, but overall, I'm open for suggestions on my favorite Miaphysite heresy.

Balkans:
I know what you're thinking, "Silly Enlil, the Balkans aren't a religion!"

But I am including them anyway!

What! These Balkans look to organized and peaceful! It's unnatural, and no doubt some communist scheme!
GJPbc48.png

Cultures:

Culturally, the Dalmatians live in the Balkans, being a romance speaking people, who identify with being Dalmatia more than being the Roman Empire.

Different and interesting cultures can arise in the Balkans, as the Balkans are like a big melting pot that transforms into a powderkeg.

Awesomely, the Slavs actually love migrating into these regions once the Gepids are defeated, and these culture can form:

Serbo-Croatian:
This forms if a Slavic ruler rules over Dalmatian provinces.

Albanian:
Slavs rule over Illyrian or Illyro-Roman provinces

Macedonian:
Slavs rule over Helleno or Romano Thracian provinces

Religions:

Nicene Christianity here, move along

In Closing:
I leave you with a picture of an actual Indian ruler, for the next dev diary: Regional Diary 6: Enlil stops messing around and shows off Southern India!

A Tamil Hindu ruler! Wow! What an interesting playthrough not available in Vanilla!
6qCvQJR.png

The Byzantines would definitely ever have to deal with another Arab based religion on the Jerusalem front ever again.
4pMVENP.png

[/IMG]
typo, oh great and glorious emperor Enlil

Excellent Dev diary.

Non-sequitur: can the Brythonic and Germanic nations in Britain have more distinctive colours - I.e green for Britons and orange for Germans?

They're taking the Fall of Rome pretty hard, they say the Nicene Church gained 20 provinces last week already...

Shouldn't that say the Arian church gained provinces?

Shouldn't that say the Arian church gained provinces?

I am making a joke regarding that people going through a loss gain weight, with the Nicene Church in his case putting on 20 provinces.

Excellent Dev diary.

Non-sequitur: can the Brythonic and Germanic nations in Britain have more distinctive colours - I.e green for Britons and orange for Germans?

Green and blue colors for the Britons I think would be good. The Germanics in general however:

The Saxons should be Orange-brown

The Alamannians could be blueish-green-grey

The Lombards should be faint pink

The Visigoths should be greyish-green

And the rest should all be shades of grey and black (some could be Burgundian color though)

Green and blue colors for the Britons I think would be good. The Germanics in general however:

The Saxons should be Orange-brown

The Alamannians could be blueish-green-grey

The Lombards should be faint pink

The Visigoths should be greyish-green

And the rest should all be shades of grey and black (some could be Burgundian color though)

This just reminded me... can we get some screenshots of the cultural setup of the world in 480? We don't want too many neighboring cultures having near identical colors (pls make Albanians crimson!)

This just reminded me... can we get some screenshots of the cultural setup of the world in 480? We don't want too many neighboring cultures having near identical colors (pls make Albanians crimson!)

Yeah, I don´t know if you corrected this Enlil, but Gallic should not be yellow (that is the color of Romano-Gallic). All Celts should be variants of Forest Green and Romans should of course be Red. Hellenics could all be variants of Hellenic Blue/White and Byzantine Purple. Africans and Pre-Islamic Arabians could be shades of brown while the Scandinavians should have their modern colors (Norwegians=Faint Light Purple, Swedes=Deep Blue and Danes=Faint Red)

We already decided to not make the Germans grey earlier.

Oh, forgot about that

I am making a joke regarding that people going through a loss gain weight, with the Nicene Church in his case putting on 20 provinces.

Maybe you should have used "put on 20 layers of bureaucracy" or something similar instead, as gaining provinces when they should be losing provinces just strikes me as counterintuitive.

Question

Will the Ai be able/allowed to use at least part of the new mechanics ?Frankly the Ai is retarted even with the vannila ones,could you be able to make it use these new mechanics ?

Status
Not open for further replies.