• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And tnick0225, who do you think I should play?

Sounds interesting!

I honestly have no idea to be honest, my knowledge of this time period (especially in Europe) ends with the fall of Rome well with the exception of the Merovingians...

I like the idea of Soissons, that could be intriguing, or bringing the Franks to power.

A vassal in the ERE could be intriguing too, especially in Anatolia with the Sassanids on your doorstep.

Odoacer in Italy would be entertaining as well...there's just too many choices, and way too many interesting possibilities in this time frame. So I don't really have a specific idea on who you should play. I guess my one suggestion would be if you pick one of the larger regional powers to play as a vassal to make things slightly more challenging and intriguing...but other than that, I'm pretty sure I'd be pleased with any nation you pick.

Wait, scrap my vote. Play as the Avars and successfully conquer Constantinople!

I vote for Vandalica. Vandalize the known world and take posthumous revenge for Carthage by forging an Empire grander than Rome ever would.

(In one of my games, Vandal raiders sailed up the Ganges and sacked the Gupta capital.

Sounds interesting!

Thanks

I honestly have no idea to be honest, my knowledge of this time period (especially in Europe) ends with the fall of Rome well with the exception of the Merovingians...

That's me after the French Revolution

I like the idea of Soissons, that could be intriguing, or bringing the Franks to power.

Truly the last of the Romans. Never the Franks, that's the equivalent of picking the HRE in the 1066 start, in which the shining moment of the Empire is the conquest of Gent from France.

A vassal in the ERE could be intriguing too, especially in Anatolia with the Sassanids on your doorstep.

The Sassanids often come crashing down on that region.

Odoacer in Italy would be entertaining as well...there's just too many choices, and way too many interesting possibilities in this time frame. So I don't really have a specific idea on who you should play. I guess my one suggestion would be if you pick one of the larger regional powers to play as a vassal to make things slightly more challenging and intriguing...but other than that, I'm pretty sure I'd be pleased with any nation you pick.

Okay, thanks for the advice, because one of the most dangerous vassals would be in the truly broken Hunnic Empire. The Hun is too busy fighting on many fronts, and so what is left will become a Sabir territory.

Wait, scrap my vote. Play as the Avars and successfully conquer Constantinople!

Restore the Avar Ring!

My vote is for the saxons conquer england as well as germany and unite the german tribes or an byzantine vassal in the levant and create the jerusalem empire.

Looking at the posts, I'm going to show some of the mentioned kingdoms and what makes them cool in a little more detail, also, pictures.
Nations I'll be showing:
The Britons
The Germanic Invaders of Britain
Soissons
Himyar
Vandals
Avars
Odoacer's Italy
Burgundy

I vote for the Britons! Can't beat playing as a pseudo-Arthur and subduing the Saxons!

Odovacer's Italy would also be cool, but Britannia is my first choice!

EDIT: Also, I will immediately try out this mod if you decide to publish it. I'm impressed that you seem to have added loads of events and fully built up a map of Late Antiquity 'just' for an awesome AAR. This is the mod I've always wanted, so I do hope you release it at some point.

Last edited:
I vote for the Britons! Can't beat playing as a pseudo-Arthur and subduing the Saxons!C
Yeah, but there's a reason the Saxon won and it rhymes with "Bendless Bordes of Ben"

Odovacer's Italy would also be cool, but Britannia is my first choice!

Odoacer's Italy is dangerous, because soon Theodoric the Great will invade.

EDIT: Also, I will immediately try out this mod if you decide to publish it. I'm impressed that you seem to have added loads of events and fully built up a map of Late Antiquity 'just' for an awesome AAR. This is the mod I've always wanted, so I do hope you release it at some point.

I made it just for this AAR, but seeing the reaction of you guys I'll probably post it. This AAR will help me find any bugs.

Definitely following, and hoping for an upload. I'd say either Italy or the Britons! But honestly they all sound cool.
What makes the Ostrogoths interesting?
How about the Ghassanids? I'd like to see them played. My vote goes to them.
Your average Monophysite Sultanate is quite interesting to play.

The possible long-term instability in Soissons is that Rex Syragius sure is Roman, but all his people and vassals are Romano-Gallic.

And in the case of Italy, the Byzantines will be given the choice to help Theodoric

My vote goes towards Soissons and the last of the Romans. Either him or Odoacer or Theodoric, to reforge Rome with Gothic steel.

Also, fascinating mod. I eagerly look forward to its release.

I would definatly play this.
My vote goes for Odoacer. Destroy Theodoric and then crust the Byzantines for being the traitors they are!
I hope that this mod will be able to convert to EU4. I also wonder how Arianism will work if it becomes the majority and survives up to the crusading era.
My hopes for this AAR world:
An independent latium republic ruled by indigenous Romans, Ostrogoths in Italy, Visigoths in France and Spain, Berber north Africa, Muslim Egypt, Nestorian Levant, Jewish Arabia, Hinduist Persia and Iconoclast Byzantium
:p

Current Tallies for Voting:
Hackworthy: Soissons
beartjah: Britons
Aetherius: Soissons
Jokolytic: Soissons
ekorovin: Burgundy
Deaghaid: Britons
videonfan: Odoacer's Italy
Warlord Skorr: Vandalica
tnick0225: Soissons
LeCHVCK: Saxons
MabemusZlatan: Britons
Tomos Caerllion: Britons
Battle Bunny: Ghassanids
ATempler: Soissons
Zyvron: Frisia
ngppgn: Vandalica
Andrezj I: Soissons
Krosistan: Soissons

Results:
Soissons: 7
Frisia: 1
Ghassanids: 1
Saxons: 1
Britons: 4
Burgundy: 1
Italy: 1
Vandalica: 2

The voting deadline will be Friday. If your a bit late and post on Saturday, I won't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.