• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Emperor_Constantine

Second Lieutenant
58 Badges
Mar 13, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
Ever got sick of picking between trying to stop Rome burning, Make it burn more or simply watch it burn and the wonder that is the East Asian Pseduo-Dlc that is Umbrae Sphere...
Worry no more because of a project i am partaking. However as of now i am only planing on incorporating the 476 start date as a beta as ive barely started.

The map is for convience reasons based on umbrae sphere post holy fury. As such the saharan empire might fall void. However the garamentes will have a titular kingdom in the central sahara with 7 or even more baronies on their three counties. Unless someone would be willing to do the map otherwise this is my approach. After a base release i would love to have the map done though.

Features
-China is divided in two. Unite the two halves of The Empire. This is split into North and South. Perhaps we could make a new version of the unite rome casius beli but for china instead
-Japan is ruled by the imperial family, the same one that rules irl even today. The goal of each Han dynasty is to reunite the two halves into the de jure chinese empire which now can only be formed when one dynasty controlls the whole region.
Casius Beli: Assert Mandate of heaven: casius beli for all Han, Vietnamese, Korean and Japanese unique to these cultures. For any kingdom title in Vietnam, China, Japan, Korea as well as Mongolia... siezes all land in that kingdom. (Functionally identical to reconquest of Rome)
Korea is divided into three kingdoms and one duchy. This is historical. The southern powers will have max barony slots or perhaps even be like Rome with its eight baronies. This is done because of the sheer size due to balancing and historical reasons.
Duchy level Conquest for Tibetians in jure Tibet as well as in Southeast asia and malaysias mant tribes. This is to represent how these realms were unified eventually.

Ill see what i can do about provinces
However the new holy fury provence in subsaharan africa is actually where the garamantes have their power base. For the first release i want to use the umbrae sphere map (although im sure i can give all three of those counties to a titular garamantes with max or even beyond max baronies to simulate it for the time being. I want to get a working version on that map before i merge the maps.

Arabia, Egypt (the cartographers version) and Persia need the massive buffs wtwsms offers from default ck2/umbrae. I fully intend to expand these regions to the modded versions and after holy furys release to also add north africa. The rest of the changes in Europe and india are void at least for now

The history of the following titles are complete
-e_southchina
-e_northchina
-k_liang
-k_westnorthchina
-k_eastnorthchina

As well as the Emperors (family is very bare bones rn)
However the vast majority of the kingdoms in the region have a long history in umbrae sphere
U-Tsang
Nepal
Champa
Goguryeo
Balhae
D_gaya

Japans titles are also nearly done
However most other things were mostly tribal anyways so perhaps outside of duchies under china and the alike could even have randomized names at least as a placeholder

Skip to 426 this is the Asia im trying to make

Note on the province map below ignore anything actually on the wtwsms map (northern central asia and india)

Attachments

• ck2_1.png
    ck2_1.png
    1,5 MB · Views: 277
Last edited:
If this is, as I understand from this post, a sub-mod for WtWSMS that requires the main mod to function, I wish you good luck on undertaking this daunting quasi-impossible task. However, you will still need to ask for the permission of the Umbra Spherae team to be able to use any of their work, otherwise you will have to realise your sub-mod entirely from scratch and expand the WtWSMS map yourself.

If you ever get the necessary permission from Umbra Spherae to develop a WtWSMS sub-mod of this nature using their map, you will have to spend quite some time merging our two maps, given that both modify them extensively, and not only in Africa. Even if you ignore the historical additions of the WtWSMS map to represent the Garamantes and decide to disregard their historical power base, you will therefore spend a lot of work on the province layout. Then once that is done you would have to merge any eventual de jure title conflicts by adding Umbra Spherae on top of existing WtWSMS landed titles structure. Furthermore, there could be conflicts with regards to cultures and religions.

Last edited:
Ill see what i can do about provinces
However the new holy fury provence in subsaharan africa is actually where the garamantes have their power base. For the first release i want to use the umbrae sphere map (although im sure i can give all three of those counties to a titular garamantes with max or even beyond max baronies to simulate it for the time being. I want to get a working version on that map before i merge the maps.
For that you have to have a permission from the team in Umbra Spherae. Because regardless of what map you use you have to have their explicit approval to make a sub-mod of WTWSMS that uses their material, especially given that the sub-mod will require the base WtWSMS mod to be activated to function.

Well good luck, WTWSMS already has to do a a lot of guess work on in certain areas of the small map. Heck Tibet in this era seems to have been tribal but there are few details. If you try to fill in the Malay Archipelago, Australia or the Americas you're going have make guesses based on archaeology and tribal folk lore.

As it standsnow Umbrae Sphere East Asia and the Indies as well as the Eastern African Coast. Southern Tibet during the time Period actually wasnt Tribal but only really Nepal. If im not Mistaken U-Tsang's history also goes back to even the 300s. The rest of Tibet though will be rando Tribal. Ive just Finished The counties for Arabia and Persia. The First Map is zoomed out while the Second includes the WTWSMS counties for Arabia and Persia. With Holy Fury i do not think im even gonna touch Europe to be honest but i will no doubt need to fix egypt

Note i am currently asking permisson for dedicated addon counties from the wtwsms team

Attachments

• WTUSSMS.gif
    WTUSSMS.gif
    2,8 MB · Views: 110
  • Umbrae Sphere map with Wtwsms.png
    Umbrae Sphere map with Wtwsms.png
    40,6 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Dev Diary #1
It you want considering how long the devs have taken ill do Tibet myself for the base mod. The kingdom of Nepal is consistent with dejure nepal. And U-Tsang if i am correct occupies Tibets de jure capital. This is according to the games own history files. Outside of these 2 its mostly litterally just tribals.

What interests me most about adding East Asia is mostly China, Japan, and Korea. Just the parralel in the far east as well as the west. Im thinking about heavily heavily axing the Kingdoms of the mod. With 5 in the North and 5 in the South (there is like 12)

Looked over the Europe map and it seems that the devs have simply moved counties from more east into Germania and Francia dont actually notice any change.

I feel like a child again
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_administrative_divisions_of_China_before_1912

Note im using the provinces from when the umbrae sphere but this helps immensely with internal division

Curious which of the maps should i base chinas duchies off of?

Attachments

• Northern_Wei_464.png
    Northern_Wei_464.png
    294,8 KB · Views: 47
  • 1280px-China_Divisions_in_572.png
    1280px-China_Divisions_in_572.png
    588,2 KB · Views: 38
  • 1280px-Liu_Song_Division.png
    1280px-Liu_Song_Division.png
    301,7 KB · Views: 38
  • Sui_Dynasty.png
    Sui_Dynasty.png
    727,7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
The Map for Egypt, Arabia and Persia now have actual provinces that no longer conflict with Umbrae Sphere
This took Two full days to do. one day to put the provinces to together and another to resolve the conflicts
The Next map based work will be Glorious North Africa

Attachments

• Middle East WTWSMS UMBRAE SPHERE.png
    Middle East WTWSMS UMBRAE SPHERE.png
    55,1 KB · Views: 89
I am severely hyped for this. But doesn't it give you headaches already to incorporate the vast amount of map changes vanilla will see when HF drops ... and which Umbra Spherae has already announced to incorporate as well?

I can help you with this, PM me if you would be okay with me joining this project.

This might be a stupid question, especially considering that the original Umbrae Spherae mod isn’t converter compatible, but are you giving even a little bit of consideration to making the mod converter compatible?

I'll see what I can do first things first is to have umbrae sphere actually ready first.
To do list
Redo the map:
Arabia, Egypt, Africa and Persia are the most important county changes on the map. I'll check what the other differences between holy fury and wtwsms.
My own changes: I'm splitting Constantinople (the county into two (to better simulate its size) both will be 7 barony holdings: a west and an east)
Egypt will take the best case scenario map that is even more counties then wtwsms.
After that is done I will need to make dynasties for significant east asian rulers (there is pretty easy to find info out there about who ruled and when and I have some of the files already anyways)

In all honesty I don't have the map for umbrae sphere yet so I can't do much without the updated map

Last edited:
Interested, will keep an eye on this project. Will you be doing a preliminary release with just the still-blank areas on the existing map filled out (ex. Tibet, the empty parts of Africa, inner Arabia) or complete East Asia before releasing?

Hhm, I'm not the best modder out there but I've learned basic modding for this game, and I've done a fair amount of research for east asia, I might be able to help with cultures or religions. Holy orders, or names of rulers that sort of things.