• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
given the extended hiatus between green planet and the new building/tourism dlc(>1year) it appears that expanding surviving mars has been put on the back burner in favor of the studio focusing on the other games in the surviving franchise. my best guess is that it'll be a while before any more major dlc. i could be wrong but i wouldn't expect another dlc for at least six months, possibly a year. if you are planning on starting a new game i advise you to not wait.

Given that the gap between Green Planet and no new content resulted out of the fact that the original developer left Paradox and Paradox announced a new Studio taking over the work it is safe to assume that "they" don't just focus on other games but actively develop something.

With the limited edition soundtrack announcement today I personally believe that the next DLC is just around the corner...

given the extended hiatus between green planet and the new building/tourism dlc(>1year) it appears that expanding surviving mars has been put on the back burner in favor of the studio focusing on the other games in the surviving franchise. my best guess is that it'll be a while before any more major dlc. i could be wrong but i wouldn't expect another dlc for at least six months, possibly a year. if you are planning on starting a new game i advise you to not wait.
You have it quite wrong friend. The original studio left, Abstraction are now leading development.

As such any gaps are irrelevant because the original dev team considered the game complete. The new dev team are trying to make some more money from new DLC.

Various parts of the DLC are already in the game (and error logs) since the tourism patch was released.
They have coded a new material called precious minerals and at least 1 new building. I'd be surprised if there weren't more however.

So seems like the new DLC isn't too far off, adding a new resource and some new buildings isn't a huge undertaking.

• 1Like
Reactions:
You have it quite wrong friend. The original studio left, Abstraction are now leading development.

As such any gaps are irrelevant because the original dev team considered the game complete. The new dev team are trying to make some more money from new DLC.

Various parts of the DLC are already in the game (and error logs) since the tourism patch was released.
They have coded a new material called precious minerals and at least 1 new building. I'd be surprised if there weren't more however.

So seems like the new DLC isn't too far off, adding a new resource and some new buildings isn't a huge undertaking.
fair enough i haven't been keeping up with the dev diaries much since green planet, as i quickly got bored and moved on to another game

fair enough i haven't been keeping up with the dev diaries much since green planet, as i quickly got bored and moved on to another game
They didn't make any dev diaries to explain this. But the tourism patch is littered with code from the next patch, they didn't do a very good job at separating their versions out so there is a bunch of stuff pointing to what they are going to do and errors related to half completed code.

I just took a browse through the source code and figured out what I could based on that.

Its pure speculation on my part but based on the artwork they showed I'm also going to guess that they'll be the sinkhole mechanic leveraged in some way.

They didn't make any dev diaries to explain this. But the tourism patch is littered with code from the next patch, they didn't do a very good job at separating their versions out so there is a bunch of stuff pointing to what they are going to do and errors related to half completed code.

I just took a browse through the source code and figured out what I could based on that.

Its pure speculation on my part but based on the artwork they showed I'm also going to guess that they'll be the sinkhole mechanic leveraged in some way.

I'm really hoping for lava tubes. The teaser graphic they shared at PDXCon certainly points to something sinkhole related.