When the new DLC will come?

• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Paradox Midsummer Sale has arrived! Up to 75% off!

Enjoy some sun and song this Midsummer, but when the sun goes down, the fun doesn't have to stop! Paradox has a festive sale on plenty of games to keep your summer nights going!

June 18th - June 30th
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Ben59mar

Sergeant
12 Badges
Oct 28, 2017
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
Hello gamers! I want to begin a new game this summer, but I want to wait that the new big expansion comes...
when it will arrive in your opinion ?

CrazyJ

Colonel
25 Badges
Nov 26, 2018
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
given the extended hiatus between green planet and the new building/tourism dlc(>1year) it appears that expanding surviving mars has been put on the back burner in favor of the studio focusing on the other games in the surviving franchise. my best guess is that it'll be a while before any more major dlc. i could be wrong but i wouldn't expect another dlc for at least six months, possibly a year. if you are planning on starting a new game i advise you to not wait.

zeroskyx

Private
8 Badges
Dec 14, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Surviving Mars
  • Prison Architect
  • Lead and Gold
  • Starvoid
Given that the gap between Green Planet and no new content resulted out of the fact that the original developer left Paradox and Paradox announced a new Studio taking over the work it is safe to assume that "they" don't just focus on other games but actively develop something.

With the limited edition soundtrack announcement today I personally believe that the next DLC is just around the corner...

Jon_Smith

Sergeant
4 Badges
Apr 15, 2021
  • Surviving Mars
given the extended hiatus between green planet and the new building/tourism dlc(>1year) it appears that expanding surviving mars has been put on the back burner in favor of the studio focusing on the other games in the surviving franchise. my best guess is that it'll be a while before any more major dlc. i could be wrong but i wouldn't expect another dlc for at least six months, possibly a year. if you are planning on starting a new game i advise you to not wait.
You have it quite wrong friend. The original studio left, Abstraction are now leading development.

As such any gaps are irrelevant because the original dev team considered the game complete. The new dev team are trying to make some more money from new DLC.

Various parts of the DLC are already in the game (and error logs) since the tourism patch was released.
They have coded a new material called precious minerals and at least 1 new building. I'd be surprised if there weren't more however.

So seems like the new DLC isn't too far off, adding a new resource and some new buildings isn't a huge undertaking.

Reactions:

CrazyJ

Colonel
25 Badges
Nov 26, 2018
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
You have it quite wrong friend. The original studio left, Abstraction are now leading development.

As such any gaps are irrelevant because the original dev team considered the game complete. The new dev team are trying to make some more money from new DLC.

Various parts of the DLC are already in the game (and error logs) since the tourism patch was released.
They have coded a new material called precious minerals and at least 1 new building. I'd be surprised if there weren't more however.

So seems like the new DLC isn't too far off, adding a new resource and some new buildings isn't a huge undertaking.
fair enough i haven't been keeping up with the dev diaries much since green planet, as i quickly got bored and moved on to another game

Jon_Smith

Sergeant
4 Badges
Apr 15, 2021
  • Surviving Mars
fair enough i haven't been keeping up with the dev diaries much since green planet, as i quickly got bored and moved on to another game
They didn't make any dev diaries to explain this. But the tourism patch is littered with code from the next patch, they didn't do a very good job at separating their versions out so there is a bunch of stuff pointing to what they are going to do and errors related to half completed code.

I just took a browse through the source code and figured out what I could based on that.

Its pure speculation on my part but based on the artwork they showed I'm also going to guess that they'll be the sinkhole mechanic leveraged in some way.

DominusNovus

Field Marshal
85 Badges
Oct 2, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
They didn't make any dev diaries to explain this. But the tourism patch is littered with code from the next patch, they didn't do a very good job at separating their versions out so there is a bunch of stuff pointing to what they are going to do and errors related to half completed code.

I just took a browse through the source code and figured out what I could based on that.

Its pure speculation on my part but based on the artwork they showed I'm also going to guess that they'll be the sinkhole mechanic leveraged in some way.

I'm really hoping for lava tubes. The teaser graphic they shared at PDXCon certainly points to something sinkhole related.