• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aug 25, 2003
Visit site
Turmoil has engulfed the American Republic. Eleven Southern states have declared their intentions to leave the faltering Union.

This separatist movement, under the leadership of Jefferson Davis, has made reconciliation impossible. To the South, it is a matter of independence or death.

While the Congress of the Republic endlessly debates, President Lincoln has announced the formation of the Army of the Republic, to crush the rebels and restore order to America...

----------------
November 25, 1859
Temporary CS Capital, Charleston, South Carolina

President Davis sighed and rubbed his temples. The declaration of war from the North had been nearly the worst thing that could've happened now.

At least we got the Constitution approved before that. Davis thought. Opening his eyes, the Southern President tuned back in to the discussions of his advisors.

"You can't be serious, man! We don't have the manpower or the resources to invade the North!"

"Well, what do you suggest? We dig in like rats and just hope the Yankees go away after a while?"

Davis inwardly groaned. Same discussion, over and over for the last three hours. Apparently, everyone had been expecting Lincoln to let the South go in peace. Davis snorted. Not damn likely.

And then, the conversation died, as though snuffed out by the chilling winds outside. Every eye turned to the doorway of the Presidential Office, where two men stood, clad in robes.

President Davis' eyes lit up. "General Lee, I presume." The advisors were shocked. Could this really be him?

Lee smiled lightly. "A pleasure to meet you, Mr. President. This is my friend, Thomes Jackson." The other man nodded politely to the President.

Davis grinned, visibly brightened. "I assume you have a plan already, General."

Lee nodded. "Yes. Gentlemen, we hold a bare advantage over the North now. We must exploit this. If we wait too long, or settle for a defensive war, the North will only grow stronger and stronger, until it obtains the power to crush us."

"We must strike while the advantage is still ours."

-----------
The White House
Washington, DC

President Lincoln glowered through the windows of the Oval Office. The Potamic was now the border with those damned rebels. He turned the chair to face the man waiting patiently in the center of the room.

"General Grant." Lincoln growled. "I assume you know why I summoned you"

Grant nodded. "It's Lee, isn't it? He's joined the rebels."

Lincoln nodded. "The South is economically inferior to us. We can marshall more of everything, given time. Grant, you must stop Lee. Halt his plans. Delay the rebels until our greater force can be brought to bear. The survival of the Republic depends on that."

Grant nodded. "Yes, Mr. President. I will stop the Rebels."

"Good. Your command awaits, General."

Grant left, and the Northern President was left alone in his office. Thoughtful, he reached for his coffee, and -

"AIDE!" bellowed the President, prompting a harried-looking young man to charge in. "Y-yes, sir?"

Lincoln glared at him. "I don't...take sugar...in my coffee...." He raised his hand, and the aide was lifted into the air, choking.

"N-no, please, sir, have mer-gggaackkk!!"

As the aide crumpled, Lincoln glowered once again out the windows.

"There'll be no one to stop me this time..."
---------

SouthernPlan.jpg

The opening moves of the South.

:rofl: This looks like it'll be veeeeery interesting. :D

I like this already! :rofl:

Another AAR. Well this Rocket sure fly high!!!

Interesting. ::coz1 hits subscribe:: I shall follow this one.

The American Civil War
---------------

Nov 27 - The Conscription Act is passed. General Lee is given 150,000 men and heads for DC. General Jackson gets 40,000 and charges for western Pennslyvania.

6d4f7c53.jpg

Dec 27 - Slavery kept vague in the CS Constitution.

Davis: Just in case.

Jan 28 - The CS Army crushes the Union forces in Paducah. Also, cotton is traded for arms.

Brit PM: So, how about 1:1. One tonne of cotton for one ton of small arms.

Davis: Alright... but I have the strangest feeling that you're ripping me off.

Brit PM: Rip you off? Never!

Feb - Battle for Washington.

-------
The White House loomed menacingly as General Lee approached. His men, ordered to stay back, watched nervously.

Then, General Grant stepped out of the shadows of the building.

Grant: You ordered them back, I see.

Lee: This is our fight, not theirs.

Grant: *smirks* Amazing, that a traitor still clings to honor.

Lee: *scowls*

Grant: Heh, hit a nerve, I see. *ignites sword*

promo-duel3b.jpg

-----------

Feb 25 - Washington DC is captured. Lincoln spent the rest of the day randomly choking passerby on the sidewalks.

Feb 26 - The South buys Commerce Raiders from England.

Brit PM: Use these on English commerce, and we'll put you in the room with Big Ben.

Rebel: :eek:

Feb 27 - We refuse to burn Washington.

Soldiers: Awww...

We do, however, burn the IRS building.

CSA: YAY!

Mar 30 - Philadelphia captured.

Lee: 130,000 cheesesteaks, please.

Drive-thru: Uh, wha?

Jul 3 - New York falls.

ScreenSave98.jpg

July 11 situation

Jul 27 - The Union actually takes some territory, Fayetteville in Arkansas. But, it's because of an event.

Lincoln: How are some damn hillbillies doing better than my army?!

Aide: Maybe it's because you keep choking peop- *gack*

Aug 17 - Boston falls.

Sept 1 - A new military academy is founded.

Teacher: Ok, it's left-two-three-four. Now, repeat.

Student: Left-uh...-two-three-----FIVE!

Teacher: *whack*

Oct 3 - Lee's army crushes the last remnants of the Northern Command in Chicago with the help of the native Chicagoians.

Dave-the-Ewok.jpg

Chicagoian: Woot!

ScreenSave102.jpg

The Confederacy continues a mopping-up of the last Imperial resistance, until words arrives of a coup!

Emperor Lincoln has been overthrown into a mine shaft, and the new government seeks a cease-fire treaty.

And just in time for Christmas, peace returns to North America.

ScreenSave104.jpg

The South had won.

-----------
Kinda anti-climactic, eh? oh well, better than losing. Dunno what happened to the Union, they just didn't have hardly any troops.

Anyways, since the South is free now, it's time for the goals!

Goals:

1. As is befitting the CSA, I will run the country by the guidelines of a Hank Williams, Jr. song. Specifically, "If The South Woulda Won".
2. The CSA will be the strongest country in the Americas.
3. I will create a Caribbean Empire, controlling all the Caribbean islands, and maybe the coastlines, too.
4. Must finish in the Top 3.
5. New goals go here, if I think of any good ones.

"But wait", you say, "this update left me unfulfilled, Rocketman!"

Don't worry, as I am a upstanding Southern gentleman, and I know what the People want!

OADaisyDuke.jpg

This is one of the best AARs I've ever read. :rofl:

KUTGW. :)

where you get those flags?

Rocketman said:
We do, however, burn the IRS building.

CSA: YAY!

i think alot of people would go yay at the sound of that. lol

:rofl: Just :rofl:

Great update....

Brit PM: So, how about 1:1. One tonne of cotton for one ton of small arms.

Davis: Alright... but I have the strangest feeling that you're ripping me off.

Brit PM: Rip you off? Never!

Good old British trading... all fair and above board! :D

All right... I will grant this is one of the most unique takes on Victoria and the Civil War I've ever seen! :rofl:

Very interesting!

Umm... I think Colorado was an Imperial Territory at this time of the Rebellion, so... I guess I'm an Imperial hack! :p

Rensslaer