When is release of Marius 2.0 update?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jochen_Mongolia

First Lieutenant
52 Badges
Aug 15, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
Just bought Imperator Deluxe edition along with many DLC's in Steam Autumn sales. I need to study further to look in depth of the game while awaiting the next Update Marius 2.0. Question is does anyone know release date of Marius 2.0?

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Oh damn, I thought they were much further along. Source?
I think it was one of their recent streams

come to think of it, it seems like we are a long way into the 2.0 feature list, but it seems like we are months away from release
so unless 2.0 is the second coming of Jesus Christ, it looks like we are in for a lot of filler DDs

• 4Like
Reactions:
I have no idea. And past events are no guide for future events.

But we are here for fun, so let's have fun with numbers. For tomorrow DD I have graphed all DD views by date to try to understand why there are more views in one post than others. No luck with that.

But, we can see that from the first Menander diary on end of April 2020 to the release of Menander in August 2020 there were two months of DD plus two months for release (total 4 months).

We have started with posts on the next patch at the end of September 2020, we will have DD for two months (end of November) and then it will go quiet for two months more (December and January). The 2.0 will release in February.

PS: my opinion is that this one is more ambitious than Menander, thus maybe a month more could happen, including a beta, making March or April 2021.

1606687618720.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
I hope march or april. Not because I want the update that late, but then I'm pretty confident that they had enough time for a proper work (maybe even a beta phase). And I prefer having a well made version some months later than a buggy and unpolished one soon.

Reactions:
I actually had the feeling before Christmas but on the other hand that's problematic because you can't fix anything over christmas. I don't think it will be as far as march.

But i wonder why it takes so long. Clearly it is ambitions but wasn't the idea in summer that instead of bigger updates they go for smaler but more regular updates? Was that scrapped? I actually wanted to wait for the update but if there is nothing before christmas than i will actually try some more campaigns. I tried Epiros when the last major patch was released but it was buggy and i didn't touch it after the fixes. That would be something.

• 2Like
Reactions:
March/Mars. The month named afyer the god of war, which also happens to be early spring, which marked when military campaigns could start or resume after winter. Maybe March is the month

(here i Norway and I guess Sweden and many other countries we call the month Mars, but in English that might not be obvoius for everyone)

• 3Like
Reactions:
Im hoping for more features like unique Greek units, so Im hoping the release date will be late. A beta would also be great so we can feedback into what is going wrong and balancing, so the update can be sweet. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
They're showing mission trees for the diadochi, one per dev diary, there are 5 diadochi, they will have Christmas holidays, my guess for the 2.0 release is late January.

Reactions:
I'm pretty sure it won't be before February. Hopefully they will release a beta by the holidays. Maybe closed beta and only give the keys to members of the forum.

1.2 was almost bug free compared to 1.5 or 1.4 release which was mostly due to the large amount of time it was on beta.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Given the fairly massive overhauls of a bunch of aspects of the game, it seems safe to assume that the initial release will have plenty of bugs to iron out in a hotfix or possibly several, which essentially rules out anything this year (even if they were somehow ready to release it, Imperator's status is already precarious enough I doubt they want the old CK2 levy bug/Stellaris MegaCorp issue of a broken release sitting there unfixed over break, with the incumbent bad PR).

For those counting dev diaries, note that we still know almost nothing about Vitruvius (which should be good for a couple of DDs; if nothing else they can have one talking about the existing Great Wonders), have 3 more Diadochi trees to go through (assuming they are limiting themselves to just the 5 Diadochi rulers), and can be fairly confident that the new levy/legion system means they'll have to make at least some changes to pops/manpower (potentially another DD in itself), with room for other miscellaneous bits and pieces DDs and maybe another graphical DD if they want to do that as a separate one. And remember that Dev Diaries will probably go on hiatus over the holidays.

• 2Like
Reactions: