• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Verajonson

Recruit
4 Badges
Jul 27, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings III
I am unsure what to do I tried verifying my files from steam. I uninstalled and reinstalled my game. I tried to host an event again and had the same problem. My game crashed. I am starting to think this is an issue on paradox's end. If this is the case please fix it . Thank you.

Reactions:
When you say 'an event' you mean host an MP game I guess?

If so, has this ever worked for you? Or it has always been like that?

Any mods involved?

Can you play MP okay when someone else hosts?

Any mods involved?

Ok let me explain on your new tours and tournaments you added activities. I tried to host an activity. Then the game crashed. I have tried to host a feast a grand wedding and even a hunt just to test if i could single one out. No they all crashed the pc for some reason. It started to be like this when you added the tours and tournaments patch. So I tried to go to an event to try narrowing it down going to an event worked but hosting one something is not working correctly. When I arrive at the location the game freezes and then crashes.

Any mods involved?

I have tried narrowing it down further looking into what it might be . I tried turning off my One drive and Norton. Then tried restarting the game to see if that might be the problem. So apparently something is in the patch for tours and tournaments that is conflicting with Norton antivirus and I cannot narrow it down. So I would ask you if there is something you can do to help please. also on a side note I did try to reinstall the game and verified my files with steam both of which are ok. As for my mods I can tell you I have only 4 which are all current Advanced cheat menu, Community Flavor Pack, Full screen Barbershop and Fun Gaming Cheat Mod collection.

Ah, okay, I don't play this game so I'm unaware of mechanics like that.

We cannot help with modded games here at all, so please disable ALL mods and test this with a new campaign.

If you still get this, Right click on ck3.exe , properties, compatibility. Tick "disable fullScreen optimisations" untick every other box in that dialog, Apply and exit.
Then in the launcher Game Settings menu, select fullScreen display mode, Vsync off, cap refresh rate at 60.

Any better then?

I think i am having the same problem in one of my saves. I have been able to host activities before, but suddenly on every event it started crashing. Im now stuck in an iron man save, with an unevitable crash loop, cus i decided to do a Grand Rite event..