• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Emperor Ike

Karelian Buccaneer
120 Badges
Jul 17, 2006
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Empire of Sin
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Ancient Space
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • For The Glory
  • Knights of Honor
  • East India Company Collection
  • Darkest Hour
  • March of the Eagles
  • Iron Cross
  • The Kings Crusade
  • King Arthur II
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Cities in Motion
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Impire
  • Magicka
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • Prison Architect
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
When CSA comes marching home -Vicky to HoI 2 DD:A AAR part 1

ConfederateStatesofAmericaSeal.jpg

So yes as the name tells this is going to be an Tiny Mega AAR from Vicky To HoI2 DD:A and i will play as CSA. This AAR will start from the year 1861 (A House Divided campaing) and will hopefully last till the end of DD:A.
This is my first AAR ever in Vicky but i have done or i am doing right now AARs in other Paradox games and i have currently another ongoing AAR in Crusader Kings but i have allready played it in the point that i only need to do some writings not so much playing in there for while so i decided that i´ll start this and update them both at least once a week or more, hopefully.

Year 1861

First command

It was a cold morning of July when the messangers arrived to Memphis and Nashville, these messengers were carrying an importan letters from General Lee. In those letters were the first assault orders of the war, orders for Jackson and Stuart. Jackson was ordered to liberate Bowling Green and Stuart was to liberate Louisville. Both of the men moved immidietly to execute these orders.
1-41.jpg

Arrival to Bowling Green

Jackson arrived to Bowling Green in July 15th and didn´t encounter any resistance at all.
2-38.jpg

To free our people

In July 2oth General Bragg leader of the Army of The West was ordered to liberate Oklahoma City and Beaver from the USA occupation.
4-33.jpg

Arrival to Louisville

Stuart arrived to Louisville in July 23th and also didn´t encounter any resistance.
3-37.jpg

Gnost said:
I'm a sucker for a good CSA aar. I'll be following this.

So, any general plans or visions for what sort of nation CSA plans to be (assuming you survive the Civil War of course)?

Yes i have plans but i will reveal them when the AAR advances and if i survive the Civil War.

First Victories of the war

Army of Tennesee liberated Bowling Green in 24th of July.
5-31.jpg

Army of Mississpi liberated Louisville in August.
6-28.jpg

Good luck with your campaign! Though you seem to be off to a good start, the CSA is always a challenging nation to succeed with… What sort of difficulty settings are you using?

Taking the Border States

Liberation of Lexington

After the succesfull liberation of Louisville Stuart was ordered to move his army to Lexington immidietly. Jackson was ordered to stay put in Bowling Green and to be as an reinforcements army if Stuart would counter resistance in Lexington.
1-43.jpg

USA countered this by sending General Glenn to push back Army of Mississpi.
2-40.jpg

They underestimated the size of Stuart´s and Jackson´s armies and after day of fighting Glenn was forced to retreat.
3-38.jpg

Army of Mississpi liberated Lexington in 8th of August.
6-29.jpg

Partisans in Louisville

In 27th of August the citizens of Louisville started to revolt and Jackson was sent to supress this revolt.
4-34.jpg

Army of the West prevails

The army led by General Bragg took back Oklahoma City in 30th of August and continued to Beaver.
5-32.jpg

Beaver was liberated in September.
7-22.jpg

A bit of unusual way of fighting the Civil War, but it seems to be working.

KanaX said:
A bit of unusual way of fighting the Civil War, but it seems to be working.

Assault is the best defence :) And i have also made some modifications to give me a chance to win this war.

Emperor Ike said:
Assault is the best defence :) And i have also made some modifications to give me a chance to win this war.
Well, it is winnable without any modifications.

KanaX said:
Well, it is winnable without any modifications.

Yes it is but it is not the way i´m looking for and those modifications were necessary for the story.

Emperor Ike said:
Yes it is but it is not the way i´m looking for and those modifications were necessary for the story.
Hey, you're the AAR writer here. Suit yourself :)

Your campaign in the West seems to be highly successfully. With good fortune, you might be able to split the Union in half by blazing a trail of conquest north to British holdings.

Quintilian said:
Your campaign in the West seems to be highly successfully. With good fortune, you might be able to split the Union in half by blazing a trail of conquest north to British holdings.

That is going to be hard with all those Yanks and Partisans coming out from every hole =D

Hot Issues

Guns, Liberation and Defence

In October 20th of 1861 the military industry was organized and a mass constructions of ammunition and explosive factories started across the land.
1-42.jpg

General Bragg had crossed the border in west and started his own campaing to liberate the border states. In November 1861 he had liberated Santa Fe.
2-39.jpg

After a long debate in Texas the texans decided to be supporters of Jingoism.
3-39.jpg

New year, new orders

General Bragg´s liberation campaing worked and in January 1862 Albaquerge and Roswell were liberated.
4-35.jpg

In March Union tried to attack CSA in Memphis but they were brutally destroyed by Johnston J.E..
5-33.jpg

Confederate Congress passed the Conscription Act made by President Davis, by doing this the chance of CSA winning the war grew and General Lee started to make new plans.
6-30.jpg

Lee´s Ambition

Union attacks and CSA counter attacks

In April 12th Union troops attacked CSA troops in Fayetteville.
3-40.jpg

General Early was in Fayetteville to counter this attack and together with the help of General Hill D.H. they managed to push Union armies back and to pursue them to Springfield.
4-36.jpg

In May 11th General Hill arrived with his forces to Springfield where they were they met some resistance.
5-34.jpg

Moving to Charleston and Paducah

In June 14th Lee ordered General Jackson to move and liberate Charleston and at the same time General Johnston was to liberate Paducah.
1-45.jpg

Both of the states were liberated in July.
2-42.jpg

The Confederate storm continues to sweep across Union territory… If the North has failed to place a sufficient quantity of troops in the west, then Bragg will be able to quickly take a large amount of land. Be careful of overextending your reach though. Also, you might want to look into seeking some good diplomatic ties with the British.