When a character comes of age - set a pause for a pre-set date

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Strictly seen you can get a notification - but I cannot really recommend the following (because you get tons of notifications then, so at least for me the cure would be worse than the disease here...):

Becoming adult means that a character loses its current "education" amibition (e.g. "becoming a great warrior") and starts one of those for adults characters (or just becomes "content with life") - and there is a message setting allowing you to get a notification , when an ambition is finished:

NotificationAmbitionFulfilled.jpg

Another method is going to the character screen every year and pinning the 15y old characters to the right of the screen, so that can keep easily an eye on them (if they become adult you can unpin them after having them given an office or if they have too bad stats)

But yes - I agree that a specific solution for this would be nice.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I think it would be great to just be able to set a pause for a pre-set date.

This would be useful for so many things in game, three listed below:

Needing to reapply the religious modifier which is crucial for stability.

Setting for when juvenile characters become 16 --> this is often utterly crucial in a monarchy if you have an heir who needs a mate....those high quality 16 year olds are often farmed out to some random 71 year old if you're literally not there on their birthday. And, who wants to be arresting and executing all your 71 year olds, right?

When enforced peace expires.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
That's a pretty good idea !
Now we just need to catch attention from Paradox, this change is very decisive...

PS : we should be able to set several pauses, not just one.
I would be entirely amenable to multiple pauses.

Thanks for the props on the idea. I was just playing the game one day and writing the dates for doing my pig-stab and I was like.....why do I have to do this on paper?

Reactions:
Alternative solutions might be:
1) Girls don't get married by the AI until they are 17 giving the player a year to find them.
2) Only a percentage of proposals are accepted ensuring not all girls are taken at 16.
3) You give your heir the ambition to marry girl x before girl x reaches 16 ensuring his place at the head of the queue of suitors when girl x is 16.
4) Events are highlighted before they happen; in the same way elections are highlighted for Rome, on August 1st, Two months before the election happens.
5) A combination of some of the above.

Reactions: