• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(169857)

Corporal
Sep 28, 2009
As I've been reading through some threads its pretty interesting to see how different people have completely different opinions about hero races. So I'd like to see who prefers what race and for what reason.

My number 1 fav...
Elves....
Its unbelievable how rarely they die, how quickly they kill, there fast, love doing defense flags and make by far the best party leaders.

I'd say that my number 2 hero would be...
Warriors....
There cheap become incredibly tough once weapon-ed up and upgraded.

Third would be...
Clerics...
They heal.....Thats just cooooool:p

This isn't exactly races, is it? This is hero types.

Oh well, my top 3.

#1. Rogues.
Because they are just too overpowered. No need for any other heroes anymore. Cheap to revive, powerful attack, stun, poison, low rewards needed. It's like a RTS unit in disguise, doing your every wishes.

#2. Dwarves.
They just don't die. Can hold their own against almost any and all foes.

#3. Beastmaster.
I like animals...

...Least Favorite; Elves.
It's unbelievable how fast and often they die, how quickly they get killed, they go fast towards their doom, their backup way behind, love doing suicidal flag hunts.

I think I would have to say Clerics. Their solid survival rate makes them invaluable at the start of a game. They also level up fast (Healing gives exp right?). They are also an asset in any party so they hold their worth right up until the end.

I never actually considered rouges much because I figured they were only useful when you needed a lot of disposable units in a very short amount of time. I also figured I wouldn't want people stealing from my treasury. On the other hand that totally explains why they get such good weapons so fast. I might try them in my next scenario.

Also I don't care much for Elves. Again, never really tried them but when I have gotten them through whatever means they usually respond to a situation by dieing.

Healing gives exp right?
Yeah. And because they are horrible in killing their first battle is usually like this:
*Fight beast**Heal*Fight*Heal*Fight*Heal*Fight*10, and they are level 7 once they are done, but (unlike other heroes) can hardly die on a low level foe because they self-heal inflicted damage.
I never actually considered rouges much because I figured they were only useful when you needed a lot of disposable units in a very short amount of time.
Yeah, that's what rouges are good for. You might want to consider rogues.

I second the Clerics. They are not as frail as perhaps they should be. So if you get them early they survive easily an level up fast an then are decent fighters against weak monsters while also being powerful healers. If its an undead heavy map its just pwnage.

my top 3 are:

1. dwarves basically because they are little tanks.

2. Clerics due to their healing ability

3. last probably rogues due to them being cheap and strong as they level (saved me lots of times they have early on).

Gnomes. Oh wait that was the first one :rolleyes: Guess I'll have to go with good ol' humans for now. Dwarves are too short and Elves too fickle.

Interesting how diverse the answers are. I think it's a good sign that one same class is not favoured by everyone.

I like rogues personally, but that's mostly because I usually play rogue in RPG's. Old habit... :)

Interesting how diverse the answers are. I think it's a good sign that one same class is not favoured by everyone.

I like rogues personally, but that's mostly because I usually play rogue in RPG's. Old habit... :)

That's pretty much what I wanted to see, so I tried playing the game using rogues as my preferred character and the style of the game completely changed.

Will be trying other preferences soon.