What’s your favourite achievement?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The Havoc

First Lieutenant
29 Badges
Sep 19, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
After unsuccesfully trying to get the “Great Khan” achievement, I’m looking for another challenge. There is plenty of achievements I haven’t done, so please reccomend me your favourite ones.

Personally I enjoyed a lot “Lucky Lucca”, “A tale of two cities” and “Sweet home Qaraqorum”

Not sure I could choose a single one, but these would be the contenders

Consulate of the Sea
Mare Nostrum
Burgundian Conquest
Baltic Crusader
Better Than Napoleon
Master of India
Sons of Carthage

And these two custom nation ones

Ideas Guy
From Humble Origins

I really like all of these, as they give me game-long objectives with more or less a free hand in how to go about it.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I quite enjoyed getting Consulate of the Sea. I didn't know before starting that a player Aragon can get AI Castile under a PU through the Iberian Wedding event, so that was a pleasant surprise. My opening move was to no CB Byzantium and vassalize them to deny the Ottomans Constantinople. From there it was a leisurely campaign of using permaclaims from Aragon's mission tree and my subject's armies to snipe provinces around the Mediterranean.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Where am I?

WHERE AM I?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Anything horde related.
Lucky you. I have 1500 hours ingame and I’m still unable to make a horde work. The longer the game last, the weaker my horde turns

• 1Like
Reactions:
Lucky you. I have 1500 hours ingame and I’m still unable to make a horde work. The longer the game last, the weaker my horde turns

It takes practice to make it work, and this from a non-master of hordes for sure. I finally got the knack on a game with Kazan. I only sadly realized later in my game that I could not get the Great Khan achievement but picked up some others along the way.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Re-reconquista is a lot of fun, but I think it's also harder than Byzantium since there is no straits to cheese so it can get quite frustrating aswell.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I’m gonna say First Come First Served, but only because I did it in the patch where they forgot to make Siberian Frontiers cost points in the nation designer. Good times.

The other run I have to admit I enjoyed was a Byzantium—>Basileus—>Mare Nostrum run, even if only as a sort of rite-of-passage. You have to do it at least once!

• 5Like
Reactions:
Re-reconquista is a lot of fun, but I think it's also harder than Byzantium since there is no straits to cheese so it can get quite frustrating aswell.

I got STUPID lucky on my Re-reconquista run. Castile DoW’d me, and my AI allies managed to get several 7% siege wins on their forts. Easiest start ever!

All very hard achievments are a challenge in some way either speed, bad start or long conquest. I hate the speedruns one but if you get them eventually they are worth it. Dont now if Dhaomy is managable with new merc mechanic...

Mine is a two in one shahanshah in to this is persia had a lot fun with it. I did before dharma I think? Dunno if it is more or less fun now. My first byz was also special, when I just started playing eu4 I didnt know anything about byz and hre for the matter (I was a fuckhead as a teenager didnt really care bout school) Anyways seeing the weak byz made me intrested and I think it took me like 30 - 40 attempts before I managed it. I was really at bashing head against the wall stage for a while tho xD

• 1Like
Reactions:
I had a lot of fun getting the Sailor Mon achievement (100k sailors as Pegu); that was before the additional sailor buildings, so it should be easier now (if you want to use them). Might wanna wait for the SEA update for that though :)

Another run I enjoyed was as Mewar, for the achievements Mewar Never Changes (Mewar mission tree) and Maharana Pratap (Mewar, 20 Rajput regiments). Possibly combined with The Sun Never Sets on the Indian Empire (and some others in the region).

A few others I liked:
  • Luck of the Irish
  • A Sun God
  • Prester John

Well to add I find all the ones were you form or reform an empire nice in a way. So forming Prussia and then Germany is fulfilling or the same with Lithuania were u can form the commonwealth as a more Eastern approach. Ragged and riches is also interesting you learn a lot about economy/start as Norway and colonise to Canada

Marie de Lothringie

Lothringia got to be one of my new favourite tag for relaxing RP, so many ways to play that still make it justifiably lore friendly. Doing that achievement i played 2 consecutive Bourgogne campains straight after, trying all kinds of different strats and dealing with the Marie and Maximilian event.

Not to mention the icon looks epic af
1600597123879.png

Luck of the Irish + Spanish Fly was a fun game. Took a few tries to find an opener that worked for me, but once I got it, it was a fun game.

Philippine Tiger was also fun, though it dragged a bit towards the end as I hadn't snowballed effectively enough so it got a bit sloggish. That was me not playing as well as I should have though.

I had fun achieving Traditional Player, Pirate Bay of Janjira, and Even Better than Piet Heyn with a Prussia run. Kind of insane what maritime and 1000 light ships "just because" can achieve.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Throwing my weight behind Switzerlake, but without subjects to hold the coasts etc

It's an interesting premise and Switzerland is a fun nation to play to begin with.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Here are some fun achievements runs.

Of course you have the standard Basileus run, I spent my first 100 hours learning the game by trying and failing many times by going after this achievement until I got it. There is something so satisfying about throwing a wrench in the Ottomans plans right at the start, and religious ideas are actually very powerful for Byzantium.

The Re-reconquista is a bit harder, but also satisfying, and it lets you form a fairly powerful nation. Try an unlikely candidate if you really want to cut your teeth though ( I keep failing it as Mzab).

Mewar never changes is a great achievement to go for if you are new to playing in India. Mewar had great military ideas, and can form Rajaputan before forming Bharat. You can also get an achievement for having a certain number of rajaput regiments.

Austria has three achievements, with AEiOU requiring you to finish the mission tree. Austria is also likely the best candidate for One Faith.

Want to play a run where you will have exclaves and PU unions all over the place? Try good king Rene. Province can have an explosive start which starts with a high relations Papal States giving you your core back, and can end with forming Jeresulem ( you must form it before the age of absolutism).

That's all I can think of now, I might add more later.