What's Your Favorite Origin

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Voidborne is fun, but my favorite is, unsurprisingly, On Shoulders of Giants. It is just beautifully crafted.
Otherwise, Scion's pretty fun too. I just go right into tech rush, and only only with fleets to keep up with pirates. Or I do my criminal megachurch, so the expropriation cb is a no-go. The ecumenopoli start can be fun, too. Though, it needs some more flesh on it to be truly fun.

My current favorite is Remnants as some sort of human empire, roleplaying the trailer from Apocalypse as canon, where Earth was destroyed by xenos and a great human empire shattered. I seed a few other human empires in the galaxy, and a DE on Sol called Omega Protocol, the idea being the humans figured they were toast, and so unleashed something like skynet to hopefully take revenge upon the aliens that wiped them out.

The side challenge, then, is to reclaim Sol.

Currently, because I need a break from the Galactic Council, I'm playing with 5 DS, 4 FP, 2 DE, 2 DA, 3 basic Hives, & 3 normal empires w/ 50% advanced starts. It's a nice change of pace; almost no diplomacy at all. Just desperation, and survival ... or death ... or maybe glory. Not sure if I'm gonna make it over the mid-game tech hurdle where I can start pulling ahead.

This "the galaxy is dark and full of terrors" is also quite satisfying with the idea of Humanity being remnants. It also allows me to play xenophobe w/ purge and still feel like "the good guys." XD

• 1Like
Reactions:
I like the one where you start with another species enslaved. The reason being is so I can start as cats on planet Earth who though a lab accident going wrong have gained human like intelligence. Then after a massive war with the humans the cats enslaved all of humanity so the humans could never start another war with the cats. I really like cats. Long live the Untied Cats Empire and their enslaved humans.

• 2Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I like the one where you start with another species enslaved. The reason being is so I can start as cats on planet Earth who though a lab accident going wrong have gained human like intelligence. Then after a massive war with the humans the cats enslaved all of humanity so the humans could never start another war with the cats. I really like cats. Long live the Untied Cats Empire and their enslaved humans.
have you ever played battle cats? it seems like a game you would enjoy.