• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Without moving my but from chair I can play up to maybee 6 hours.
If my family isnt at home I can run for maybee 24 hours with intermezo for snack(happens only fiew times a year).
I must confess, though I am not sure is this in EU from which I am not legal to say, I absolutely enjoy to fire a cigarete during every hour or so of the game and that gives me a boost(yea I know devastating thing for body and mind...all that men needs from time to time:D).

I've managed to realise that it is OK to sleep and come back to the game. I don't have to sit and watch it while it is paused. So my days of staying up all day and all night and then a large chunk of time the next day playing HoI (or anything else... well maybe not mass effect and fallout 3) are over.

8 hours and I start to get antsy...I'm pretty physically active though, as a rule, so that happens maybe once a month max...normally 4 hours at the most in a row...once, 12 hours in a day, but it was broken up three or four times...honestly, it was one of those days where there was literally nothing better to do.

This thread makes me feel socially well-adjusted :p The longer I ever played non-stop is probably 12 hours or so.

And I thought my 4-5 hours would be too long. :D

Paradox games really can get you.

myself said:

Well, when insomnia and lack of anything else to do are mixed together.. I had about 24 hours of playing through 1936-1950 as Japan. :wacko:

Did you ever think that your insomnia was due in part to playing the game?

Maybe you should stop one hour before you desire to go to sleep and do something a bit less interactive. Watch some TV, maybe do a sudoku or a crossword puzzle or something.

It's pretty much how I managed to get over my 'insomnia' which had me playing games until 5AM.

Few days in EU ;) ~5-7 IIRC (in 2003 - I was modding and testing)
Playing 2 games (other was some RPG) - dont remember when I started the second one exactly - ~13 days whole marathon - last days I was sleeping with my eyes open :eek:o
Better dont ask how I did it and why :rolleyes: I was young and wanted to experiment...

Last edited:
Did you ever think that your insomnia was due in part to playing the game?

Maybe you should stop one hour before you desire to go to sleep and do something a bit less interactive. Watch some TV, maybe do a sudoku or a crossword puzzle or something.

It's pretty much how I managed to get over my 'insomnia' which had me playing games until 5AM.

Worthy advice, but believe me, I've tried everything over the last 6 years--games or not I sometimes simply cannot sleep. No harm done while playing a paradox game, though. :rofl:

I feel socially well adjusted, how do you find the time to do 10 hour's straight?

Maximum would be maybe 5 hours, but never more.

Admittedly I used to get the "4am already?" but not for a while.

Also I've been on study leave for a month and I'm tired if I stay up to late when I have nothing to do the next day, how do you do it and then go to work?

Oh well... I'd got to say that normally in weekends I get to play 4 or 5 hours... my mom always gets whiny about how I spend too much time in front of the computer and FORCES me to go out...

Well... anyways, I don't have HoI 2 installed in my new computer ( 2 months since I got it ) and well... I've been playing a bit of EUIII which is another drug... I got hooked onto a mod but I got really pissed about crashing when looking at the philippines... ( hopefully it'll be fixed )

But... last 2 summers we went to uruguay ( I'm in argentina ) and well... my notebook became my best friend so to say... I remember staying up to 4 AM playing EUIII or stuff... I actually made it to 6 AM... I swear... I normally put EUIII running and went of to study japanese or something...

However, nothing hooked me on as much as playing Dating sims ( yay me... Hey, I have a girlfriend! )... I swear these japs can always come up with the most intriguing, heart breaking stories...

Well.. thats it for me...

And I feel socially adapted here.

Cheers;
Nick

Worthy advice, but believe me, I've tried everything over the last 6 years--games or not I sometimes simply cannot sleep. No harm done while playing a paradox game, though. :rofl:

I feel that pain. I have similar issues, lately the insomnia has gone away to be replaced with sleeping from 10PM until 2AM and then waking up until around 10AM and going back to sleep.

Talking about the subject, whats about time warning mechanism in the game that was proposed and discussed recently on this forum?

I mean a popups during game like:
You are playing HOI III 6 hours,how about to walk for fiew minutes?
You are playing 12 hours,helo,didnt you noticed is a half of a day you are playing, you may neglect some important duties,check please?
You are playing 18 hours,whats your social life,dude?
You are playing 24 hours,ok,game is turning of .

I feel that pain. I have similar issues, lately the insomnia has gone away to be replaced with sleeping from 10PM until 2AM and then waking up until around 10AM and going back to sleep.

Tell me about it. Hard to stick to a schedule or social life when you're not even awake..

Talking about the subject, whats about time warning mechanism in the game that was proposed and discussed recently on this forum?

I mean a popups during game like:
You are playing HOI III 6 hours,how about to walk for fiew minutes?
You are playing 12 hours,helo,didnt you noticed is a half of a day you are playing, you may neglect some important duties,check please?
You are playing 18 hours,whats your social life,dude?
You are playing 24 hours,ok,game is turning of .

Haha, reminds me of some MMO which is trying to prevent their customers from becoming over-zombified. However, I personally think it would be bad taste for a strategy game like HOI3 to try and influence/tell you what to do. It's your own responsibility to keep track of yourself.

You are all lightweights. 3 days straight is good for me. 24 hours does not even tire me. It is just like my work, where I have to stay up for 3-4 days at a stretch.

You are all lightweights. 3 days straight is good for me. 24 hours does not even tire me. It is just like my work, where I have to stay up for 3-4 days at a stretch.

Yeah, I used to have to do that for the ORSE board while I was in the Navy.

You can keep that BS. I was going to call you a whippersnapper, but you're almost as old as my wife, so uhhh... I guess you get a lot of exercise and eat right or something.