Whats still missing? What other DLC's would you like

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I somehow have the feeling that the developers are still developing DLCs. So here is my DLC wish list:

1. Overhaul of unique buildings and their entertainment mechanism (right now they are glorified parks).
2. Mechanism for parking.
3. Public administration buildings (town hall, drivers license, tax office, courts etc.) with their own mechanism
4. Better trade with other cities
5. Rework of the cemetery system and the health service could get some tweaks.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
I'd really like to see some international DLC's.

I want some middle eastern, african, south american, and japanese architecture packs.

Churches and shrines are also a big weird gap in this game. They dominate almost every city internationally. Just give us a building for the top 6 religions. If you pitch them as a "community centre needs" you could mix them in with community centres too and have to build them to make your cims happy.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'd really like to see some international DLC's.

I want some middle eastern, african, south american, and japanese architecture packs.
That's probably what the upcoming 'World Tour' will entail. There's a Korean one being released on the 15th, the African one is coming next year and there's already a Japanese CCP.

Reactions:
I have got ideas
like make paths and bicycle paths more like roads like give them road physics
and make them able to cross train tracks with a crossing without bells and just crosses for example

• 1Like
Reactions:
1. I want a political DLC, introducing similar content to Tropico in terms of decrees and so on.
2. Public administration (town hall, parliament, public offices, NGOs etc.)
3. Mass events (parades, riots, open air festivals etc.)
4. Connection to other cities, especially the ones you’ve already built
5. A few futuristic special projects (like hydroponic farms, cave dwellings in mountains, underground buildings etc.

1,2,3,4, I wish to get those will be sooooo nice specially political DLC and public administration, they will launching financial districs (I'm so excited) why not those also?
I've been wishing this since the game was launched more than 25 titles playable by game base not using mods I know there's 81 titles mod but will be so nice to have diretcly optimize by the developers and the mod creater for sure amazing job (Overwatch 2 upgrade the graphic engine and now is better and still being the same game if they don't want to launch CS2 yet, CS could do the same)
I like to create a fiction contry (I think a lot of people doing the same) so why don't have a bigger map and could manage better or create new laws, create the flag from the country, create own currency, own television and radio etc...
Do we have a theme park but where is the water park?
Do we have good airports now but where is the better port harbour?

I have a lot of ideas but CS developers will not contact to me haha :D

• 1Love
Reactions:
1,2,3,4, I wish to get those will be sooooo nice specially political DLC and public administration, they will launching financial districs (I'm so excited) why not those also?
I've been wishing this since the game was launched more than 25 titles playable by game base not using mods I know there's 81 titles mod but will be so nice to have diretcly optimize by the developers and the mod creater for sure amazing job (Overwatch 2 upgrade the graphic engine and now is better and still being the same game if they don't want to launch CS2 yet, CS could do the same)
I like to create a fiction contry (I think a lot of people doing the same) so why don't have a bigger map and could manage better or create new laws, create the flag from the country, create own currency, own television and radio etc...
Do we have a theme park but where is the water park?
Do we have good airports now but where is the better port harbour?

I have a lot of ideas but CS developers will not contact to me haha :D
I would like to get the government DLC with a state administration buildings, the mayor, mayor's residence, parliament, ministries, state offices, construction supervision, tax office, state television building, etc., almost soon the financial districts expansion is coming. These objects should have in-game mechanics.

Some government objects already included in the game as unique buildings could have a greater impact on the city, e.g. courthouse, city hall, government office, etc.

It's a pity that the television building does not have a broadcast van, journalists, some events in the city, police chases. Why can't you build a radio station building?

I also miss the construction DLC.

I especially miss social stratum. Residents have no real influence on what is happening in their city. They function like such lifeless robots.
If there were any human interactions, it would certainly breathe more life into this game.
There are dogs and no cats. People get wet in the rain. Why don't they have umbrellas? They just drive from work to home.

I would also add an element of power, the capital as the main center and smaller towns, towns, villages.
A paintbrush would be useful to mark out some of the districts and turn them into the capital.

Last edited:
  • 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
It would surprise me very much if they would do that.
Unfortunately yes but temples don't have to be something crazy. Just make it a need like education and mix it in with recreation. Most religious centers double as community centers.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I would like to get the government DLC with a state administration buildings, the mayor, mayor's residence, parliament, ministries, state offices, construction supervision, tax office, state television building, etc., almost soon the financial districts expansion is coming. These objects should have in-game mechanics.

Some government objects already included in the game as unique buildings could have a greater impact on the city, e.g. courthouse, city hall, government office, etc.

It's a pity that the television building does not have a broadcast van, journalists, some events in the city, police chases. Why can't you build a radio station building?

I also miss the construction DLC.

I especially miss social stratum. Residents have no real influence on what is happening in their city. They function like such lifeless robots.
If there were any human interactions, it would certainly breathe more life into this game.
There are dogs and no cats. People get wet in the rain. Why don't they have umbrellas? They just drive from work to home.

I would also add an element of power, the capital as the main center and smaller towns, towns, villages.
A paintbrush would be useful to mark out some of the districts and turn them into the capital.
Definetly i agree with you a lot! but there's no more space at map to do it, bigger maps bigger maps! hehe
gente-animando-megafono-estudio_23-2147852103.jpg

Reactions:
Honestly at this moment I dont want more DLCs, but I want CS2.
Not as a "bigger" game, but actually smaller. With all these DLCs the CS1 is kind of a mess. With redundant gameplay mechanics, unbalanced mechanics a no difficulty (each DLC bring even more way to make money.) But because each DLC is optional, these problems and not fixable, because you can not remove the vanialla staff.

So I would like new version of the game, that would take all the content and unify it, rebalance it a mainstream it. For example take the vanilla park assets, and move them into Parklife tab to be ploppable. Unify the original eindustry and new industry into one system. Rebalance the special building requiremenets (when we have nice Industries DLC, please dont force me to buid huge amount of vanilla industry to unlock something), rebalance the money so these is some small challenge again, etc.

Otherwise the obvious improvements I would like to see in such version:
- New engine than can handle more agents.
- Replace all the read types with simple road manager where you can define 1-8 lines (what direction and what type they are). To create any mix you want. Without having huge array of prebuilt (and still limited) roads.
- Update the industry to create supply chaing (raw materials - manufacturing - goods) that actually produce multiple types of good and they satisty the cims needs and are require for growth. Nothing too complex, but more meaningull than current system.
- Removing the "create districs for any dlc contect" rule. Let me build the airport without defining it is airport. The game should know what it is. Same for park. Just let me place the park assets and let it work like a park. Without drawing all the discrict on top of each other.

But again. Most important is imho unifiing the system (are we switching to ploppable building now? Ok. Lets make a new game based on ploppables properly.)

• 3Like
Reactions:
These objects should have in-game mechanics.

All the DLCs are pretty much build and forget providing money + aesthetics. I really don't think we'll see anything involving new mechanics in any meaningful sense.

Financial Districts' description is:

Invest your money wisely and improve the lives of your citizens. Many sectors await your support such as deathcare, healthcare, oil, ore, farming, generic industry, and logistics. Keep track of your investments with the new stock trading tab.

If I want to improve those services/happiness I can just build more of them since I already have tonnes of money so what will this pack actually give me? It just sounds like another aesthetics pack.

I think it ties into the above comment about the game needing a new iteration with some re balancing because DLC is just added on top of old/basic mechanics each time and nothing has really changed or is likely to change no matter how many good ideas people come up with on here.

Reactions:
Honestly at this moment I dont want more DLCs, but I want CS2.
Not as a "bigger" game, but actually smaller. With all these DLCs the CS1 is kind of a mess. With redundant gameplay mechanics, unbalanced mechanics a no difficulty (each DLC bring even more way to make money.) But because each DLC is optional, these problems and not fixable, because you can not remove the vanialla staff.

So I would like new version of the game, that would take all the content and unify it, rebalance it a mainstream it. For example take the vanilla park assets, and move them into Parklife tab to be ploppable. Unify the original eindustry and new industry into one system. Rebalance the special building requiremenets (when we have nice Industries DLC, please dont force me to buid huge amount of vanilla industry to unlock something), rebalance the money so these is some small challenge again, etc.

Otherwise the obvious improvements I would like to see in such version:
- New engine than can handle more agents.
- Replace all the read types with simple road manager where you can define 1-8 lines (what direction and what type they are). To create any mix you want. Without having huge array of prebuilt (and still limited) roads.
- Update the industry to create supply chaing (raw materials - manufacturing - goods) that actually produce multiple types of good and they satisty the cims needs and are require for growth. Nothing too complex, but more meaningull than current system.
- Removing the "create districs for any dlc contect" rule. Let me build the airport without defining it is airport. The game should know what it is. Same for park. Just let me place the park assets and let it work like a park. Without drawing all the discrict on top of each other.

But again. Most important is imho unifiing the system (are we switching to ploppable building now? Ok. Lets make a new game based on ploppables properly.)
What do you mean smaller game?
If they will create CS2 with smaller map definetly will be terrible so I hope they create bigger maps and the rest I support what did you say
It's necessary a new mechanic game, I will agree one thing else
-they could design cities with no space between buildings, honestly when I'm creating an european city and I see a lot of spaces between buildings, the city has the apperance of being half empty and using Move It mode is not the solution (Its is an amazing mode for sure) I can't stay a lot of time copying building pasting and checking if these buildings fit together, Its so much heavy in my opinion.

Reactions:
What do you mean smaller game?

Sorry. Maybe it was not written in the best way (english is not my native language, so sorry if something sounds weird)
I did not meant "smaller" from the map size view. That would cause outrage. I ment "smaller" in sense of streamlining the game mechanics and compacting the menus.
For example instead of two totally different industry mechanics, make the game "smaller" by making one. Instead of dozens and dozens of different combinations of roads (that dont include every options anyway), make it "smaller" by removing all of them and give us easy to use editor to set the road as we want. Instead of having parks, decorative building and parklife menus, just compact these by taking the assets from the original "square premade parks" and put all of these into one ploppable "park" menu. So point is to have the same (or even bigger) options, yet reducing the number of menus and elements to make it easier to use.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Sorry. Maybe it was not written in the best way (english is not my native language, so sorry if something sounds weird)
I did not meant "smaller" from the map size view. That would cause outrage. I ment "smaller" in sense of streamlining the game mechanics and compacting the menus.
For example instead of two totally different industry mechanics, make the game "smaller" by making one. Instead of dozens and dozens of different combinations of roads (that dont include every options anyway), make it "smaller" by removing all of them and give us easy to use editor to set the road as we want. Instead of having parks, decorative building and parklife menus, just compact these by taking the assets from the original "square premade parks" and put all of these into one ploppable "park" menu. So point is to have the same (or even bigger) options, yet reducing the number of menus and elements to make it easier to use.
Ah I get it now, english is not my mother languager neither hehe I agree with that option will be wonderful playing as you mention it

I would want to see a car oriented pack, it would have for sure, lots of new cars, but it would also have motorsport, so you can build race circuits, it also would have intersections for highways, drive in''s. Parking buildings Gas stations .... everything car related

• 3Like
Reactions:
I would want to see a car oriented pack, it would have for sure, lots of new cars, but it would also have motorsport, so you can build race circuits, it also would have intersections for highways, drive in''s. Parking buildings Gas stations .... everything car related
Oh, race circuits sounds fun! It could be a mini expansion like concerts.

• 1Like
Reactions:
What I would live to see is actually some "story pack". Something that would generate events in your city, give you optional goals and let you do some choices as a mayor.
You know - somthing like you have in Tropico. But less ridiculous and less linear campaign and more reactive events (worker in some area are not happy = they go for a strike for a moment, deal with it. People are unhappy, there are protests blocking the streets, deal with it. neighbour city has some problems and is asking for help, can you provide it?).

• 3Like
Reactions:
After playing some more recently, I think we need a "Collisions" DLC. You know how vehicles clip through pedestrians and other vehicles? Well "Collisions" fixes that by leading to horrific crashes and crippling injuries. Watch in amazement as little Timmy is run over by a garbage truck on the way to school. Despair as your industry fails when a cargo ship delivery sinks at the bottom of the bay. Roadkill abound will give ambulances more value outside of home visits, and sponsoring insurance angencies can line your coffers with more dough. A new 'grief counselling' service is available for families traumatised by watching a blimp crash in a blaze of fire. Oh, the humanity! RTGame will have a field day with this DLC, let me tell you. Sound tantalizing enough? ;)

• 1Like
Reactions: