Whats still missing? What other DLC's would you like

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'd much rather like CO to do some more code refactoring so they can fix base issues with the game and allow themselves to expand on the now restrictive build limits.
Not so much the build limits but just stabilizing expansion and base game content, because it's accumulating significant bugs faster than they can fix them. I'm afraid of major issues at this point if they just keep putting out new mechanics.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Not so much the build limits but just stabilizing expansion and base game content, because it's accumulating significant bugs faster than they can fix them. I'm afraid of major issues at this point if they just keep putting out new mechanics.

And performance enhancements because textures load slowly once your city has become large enough to put Skyscrapers. Since the Skyscrapers DLC it has become very noticeable how slowly textures load on consoles.

I'd agree that stability should be the priority for such, but still... All this time and the game hasn't really expanded to anywhere its full potential with regard to scale.

Sub-municipalities could help with speed at scale.

You'd get unlocks for the population of the whole map, but the game wouldn't need to do the cross product of every service origin crossed with every address, because each sub-muni service area could have some (or all) services locked to specific providers.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Really my big problem with the game overall is it's USA building code focus, the strict zoning. This is somethng that is prominent in the USA, but e.g. not in Europe. Yes there are special industry zones, but residential and commercial usually mix. There should be a fix to this, to be able to build european style cities, the basic workings of zoning rules would also need to be tended to. Also medium density was originally missing. A dirty and easy fix could be adding european style mixed residential/commercial zone. One classic of these is medium rise residentials with commercial spaces on the first and second floors.

• 2Like
Reactions:
1. A political DLC with elections and parties and the whole shebang, like that mod that was in works years and years ago but proved too big for a mod.

2. One thing I would really like a neglect? mechanic DLC, currently you can build happy cities, well cared for, full services, everyone rich and happy but, you can't leave a district to poverty, lack of services and wealth leads to abandonment. Being able to have a district where, low values can just be low, police in different, no access to healthcare, and cims just live with it. Allow us to make out cities diverse and varied not uniform in services and quality. Like yes it'd be 'losing' in game terms, but in storytelling and RP, that CS doesn't allow for service/quality poor suburbs is one of the few marks SimCity2013 has over it.

3. MIXED USE ZONING, shops on the bottom floor apartments above
Middle density zoning
the missing middle of cities that CS leaves out.

Really my big problem with the game overall is it's USA building code focus, the strict zoning. This is somethng that is prominent in the USA, but e.g. not in Europe. Yes there are special industry zones, but residential and commercial usually mix. There should be a fix to this, to be able to build european style cities, the basic workings of zoning rules would also need to be tended to. Also medium density was originally missing. A dirty and easy fix could be adding european style mixed residential/commercial zone. One classic of these is medium rise residentials with commercial spaces on the first and second floors.

NYC here, yeah we have lots of neighborhoods with commercial space on the lower floors and residential above it, or industrial on the lower floors and commercial above it.

Much of this is either high-density (11+ stories) or mid-density (3-10 stories, no yards).

C:S feels like it's got a suburban zoning bias.

NYC here, yeah we have lots of neighborhoods with commercial space on the lower floors and residential above it, or industrial on the lower floors and commercial above it.

Much of this is either high-density (11+ stories) or mid-density (3-10 stories, no yards).

C:S feels like it's got a suburban zoning bias.
is not saying mixed zoning doesn't happen in the US, but that the single zoning style is a US school of urban planning that developed in the US and has typified suburbs and developments, having been confidied into Federal, state and city laws, there since the 50s.
NYC planning most predates the development of this mode and is clearly not what is being talked about.

Reactions:
is not saying mixed zoning doesn't happen in the US, but that the single zoning style is a US school of urban planning that developed in the US and has typified suburbs and developments, having been confidied into Federal, state and city laws, there since the 50s.
NYC planning most predates the development of this mode and is clearly not what is being talked about.

Yeah I'm definitely agreeing that we should have mixed zoning.

That sounds about right for the zoning history.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I was thinking about what building types are still missing and had to conclude, a lot - there are still a ton of DLC they could make.
What I could think of:
1. Civic administration (Town and City Halls, Courts etc)
2. Religious buildings
3. Entertainment buildings - these I would divide in 2:
3a. Cultural (Music Halls, Opera, Museum, Art Gallery)
3b. Sports (both Stadiums for warious sports but also sport opportunity for the populace like swimming pool, gold course etc)
4. Parking lots and houses

What else do youthink could and should be done?

CITISKYLINE is a great game. I owned all DLCs.
I am playing CONSOLE EDITION.
I wish I can customize the colour of the land and also the water.

Reactions:
CITISKYLINE is a great game. I owned all DLCs.
I am playing CONSOLE EDITION.
I wish I can customize the colour of the land and also the water.
painttool, picker move tool, 6 more tiles....

A new method to start a new map. With the new map packs I find it very hard to create a nice city from the start. The starting point is sometimes the least favourable place to start your new city.

I can only start a city like I want it to when I unlock all milestones at the start of the new map. I just want to be able to unlock tiles without unlocking milestones. If this was implemented so I could unlock all tiles only I still would not be able to afford an interchange so also those should be unlocked at the start of the game and one should be free at the start of the game.

I'm on console so no access to mods. So some DLC that gives us more options like mods do would be appreciated

• 2Like
Reactions:
More green city tie in options, double decker and bendy bio fuel busses, electric taxis, maybe even a policy for citizen taxi Uber style. High density organic commerce, improved recycling plants for lower ground pollution to equal water pollution reduction options. More policy or building upgrades to reduce factory pollution, a policy like insulation but for sound to reduce noise pollution etc. I’m trying to make a utopia here lol

I was thinking about what building types are still missing and had to conclude, a lot - there are still a ton of DLC they could make.
What I could think of:
2. Religious buildings
3b. Sports (both Stadiums for warious sports but also sport opportunity for the populace like swimming pool, gold course etc)

With all the new map packs, it would be nice for console players to be able to utilize a lot of the new map areas. So as a free DLC would be nice to pick your starting spot or get more tile support.

• 2Like
Reactions:
What I could think of:
2. Religious buildings

Slum/ghetto/favela aesthetic and vice-themed ploppables perhaps.

But the single biggest thing I really want from this game that is still missing on PC version is the ability to play as a Cim and roam around freely in 3rd person view.

Nothing beats the feeling of walking around a meticulously planned park or commercial district that you spent hours building in the way that you can on consoles.

Come on CO, there's a free thumbs up review waiting for you on Steam if you port that functionality over to the PC version.

• 2Like
Reactions: