• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have pitched these two before, but why not :) .

1. a Dominions-esque fantasy game built on the Clausewitz engine, where you had a world map and managed provinces and production, raised armies, and conducted diplomacy and research like in the classic PDX games, but the world was populated by a mixture of human cultures and mythological nations and creatures like Norse Vettir, Vanir, and Jotun giants, Aztecs with serpent gods, undead hordes, Japanese oni, and so on, and you had magical items, locations (perhaps like Stellaris' anomalies), spells, and god-like creatures. Would be so awesome, especially if the content was as deep and diverse as in the Dominions games.

a tactical Hearts of Iron game where you control far smaller units, like various kinds of companies or even platoons, instead of divisions, and you play scenarios rather than on a global world map.

Reactions:
I really want a near-future sci-fi game from Paradox. Preferably similar to the post quoted below, but with a bigger focus on colonizing the Solar System. I don't want the game to have FTL travel though; we already have Stellaris for that. (I could see using sublight ships to colonize a couple of very close star systems, but it shouldn't be a focus of the game as it would take years to even send messages between star systems.)

I guess so, but very focused on planet Earth and the geopolitics and economics we could see in the next few centuries. It could be seen as an "on-Earth" version of Sid Meier's Beyond Earth

Some themes:
-The rise of AI. Literally every sci-fi story cannot stop man's desire to make AI a reality.
-Transhumanism. Eugenics is making a comeback, with medical advances to allow for the purging of genetic diseases and early cybernetics.
-Globalization start. The world market, populations, and cultures of the game will be interconnected at the beginning, and it is up in the air what happens in 100 or 200 years.
-New ideologies involving these former discussed issues.
-Environmentalism. Our relation to the environment is one of the defining questions of the 21st century, and could be its own story event chain with many endings.
-Overpopulation and population decline. The population skyrocketed after WWII, but it is starting to slow down. Problems of overpopulation OR underpopulation could become real issues in the game as you approach 2200 AD and onwards.
-The Great Filter? A lingering question. If we are to believe Fermi's Paradox, there is a possibility that some big event or series of events, many involving our own decisions, could occur in the near future to decide if we become a space-faring race, or if we go extinct.
-Speaking of which, human extinction could be a new big mechanic of the game, involving problems such as the Great Filter, over/underpopulation, pollution and global warming, nuclear war, ice age, meteorite, etc.
-Domestic politics, due to war as of now being very taboo (though could change in the near future, and should be represented). We could even make it similar to CKII, except involving "great people" (named scientists, economists, politicians, and other random blokes).
-Equalization of development. About a quarter way in the game, we should expect basically all the world's nations, even in Africa, to be on a similar footing of "modernness". A lot of countries might even be able to fund space programs even in the "global south" by 2100.
-Space "exploration". More offscreen, but nations can plan projects for great scientific discovery and competition. Preliminary ones could include "Man on the Moon" for individual nations, and then we get into global competitions like "First person on Mars", "Drill into Europa", "Probe in Alpha Centari", and even "Faster than Light" for a late game one.
-Ocean colonization. The World's Seas are the last frontier on Earth, and 2200 AD could see a "scramble for the Ocean". There should also be scientific events and accomplishments involving the sea.

Just my thoughts.

This idea looks really cool too, though since them main appeal for me is the setting, I don't need it to be a Paradox style Grand Strategy game. A normal 4X game would also be a great fit for a fantasy world that actually has technological advancement.

...No. Biritain is far from unique and special enough. I want a fantasy world with some really crazy stuff and unique landscapes - normal parts as well but not all of it. And i dont want to fight the battles like in King Arthur.

And I really would like to play a industrializing world.The idea of fighting elves, dwarfs, orcs and who knows what else at the start with knights and mages and at the end you could end up with about 18th century musketeers. And railroads - i want them. Before you get there you woud have to get rid of your own knights and mages so a lot of social conflict and change (actually i think this should be the peace time mechanics of EUIV: building out the burocracy and creating the standing army and making the loosing social classes accept the change wich they are reluctant to do). Really doing this and adding fantasy elements. For example elven units would get huge bonuses in woods. Another interesting choice would be what you do when you actually conquer elves: be they ecqual, or become slaves, are they autonomous part of your country or you simply try to integrate them fully. Dealing with magic would be the hardest part: you want to take the mages privilages but you have to find a way to deal with them - there should be some really OP ones but the most should be strong too. Or you can make a compromise and maybe try later. You would have policies regardsing magic: outlawed or which magic shools are allowed. And to add a bit spice you would have to fight occassional bigger and smaller disasters: necromancer uprising orc or whatever hordes appearing. Smaller scale would be a strong monster appearing and attacking your territory or other kind of raider groups appearing. And all the while building up your country: building roads, turning forests to farmlands, opening mines. Opening schools and maybe destroying magic academies. A colonizing aspect could be added for taking back the lands controlled or devastated by evil forces. Technoligical advence would include tihngs like trying to tame and breed unicorn and creating a unicorn cavalry or using them as messengers - same with other beasts.

So advence technologically and build up a modern country, bring order to chaos and unite the map, manage social change while fighting bigger and smaller disasters. . I know most of this is rambling but if there was a game doing this and doing it right...

Would love Volkswander: The Great Invasions. A game where you play a tribe in the chaos surrounding the fall of the Roman Empire. Sure, you control territory, but you're not leading a state, you're leading a people (represented by pops). You could conquer vast lands, but you only have a certain number of pops to populate that land with, and your conquered peoples are still there. If you spread yourself too thin you could end up like the huns and disappear. Of course, if you don't expand at all you'll also vanish into the dustbin of history. Over time, you could assimilate related peoples into your own kingship, and a thriving tribal people will of course grow to include new pops. Diplomatically a smaller tribe can also create or join a tribal confederacy, where several weaker tribes come together to increase their influence, at the cost of internal cohesion and the possibility of collapse if things don't go well. Defend against the Huns, exploit the collapse of the Roman Empire, and quiver against the unstoppable might of the Muslim conquests.

You'd have a very different experience ruling over Rome or Byzantium, as you'd have a greater focus on exploitation of land than management of your pops. They'd be much richer than tribes but pack less military ability per pop. These empires can settle allied tribes within their lands to improve the military fortunes of the empire, but if you don't keep them happy you might be inviting in your own doom.
I imagine you'd play from about 400 AD up until the (edit) death of Charlemagne in 812. I'm imagining a rather fluid pop-based game where control of land isn't as important as who the people occupying it are. The tribes I'm talking about are not even a little bit related to the way they're portrayed in CK2.
I love this idea.

Reactions:
Do you mean something like the Imperium Universalis mod?

Yeah something like that but then with a good senate mechanic like in Rome and more focussed on characters to fill in the the void that will be left behind after CKII is not expanded anymore. I'd say that an ancient empires copy game of EU4 is not really needed as long as they are pumping out DLC for that one. CKII on the other hand is noticably older and it's starting to show. 'replacing' that part of the market with a more character oriented game in the classical age would be great. Adding China with it's warring state period, the eurasian steppe to accuratly include the steppe-horde menace and india to give the Diadoch factions something to do in the east is for me a no brainer.

Reactions:
I would love a new "Diplomacy" game, specially with modding support

I would love a new "Diplomacy" game, specially with modding support
I'll classify this as "Political/Diplomatical simulation" in the poll account, so the OP rule is not infringed..

Reactions:
I want Fantasy Universalis. Using either CK2 or EU4 as base, a game with elves, orcs, dwarves, etc. Where each race acts sort of like a religion, but also has a different tech line (different units). Extra points if the geo-political map is randomized.

Just a heads up, pre-Ck2 is Early Middle Ages. High Middle ages is like twelth century-ish (plus and minus a couple of centuries
Uh! Right, the names in english are early/high/late ... I always forget

Reactions:
Updated the results so far in the OP

In Paradox's wheelhouse: a strategy game set in ancient Egypt, the ancient near east, or ancient/medieval China (several periods look interesting).

Would also love:

A historical city builder
A life simulator (EA dominates this genre to a shocking extent but the field is ripe for a competitor)
A railroad game/historical transportation/tycoon game

(All three of those might be more in CO's area, though.)

Fantasy game: yeah, I know CK2 is almost getting there with all of its weird sub-plots, but it's not quite there. Re-read some Conan the Barbarian stories a while back and it would make subject matter, plus it's now off copyright, at least the original stories are, so no license is required. Either that or a Conan-a-like world.

My favs:

- Ancient China
- WW 1
- Fantasy like grand strategy with magic and Dragons :)

And the ultimate dream. Start 9000 BC and end up in a Stellaris like scenario ;) The whole time lapse of human civilization

Would love Volkswander: The Great Invasions. A game where you play a tribe in the chaos surrounding the fall of the Roman Empire. Sure, you control territory, but you're not leading a state, you're leading a people (represented by pops). You could conquer vast lands, but you only have a certain number of pops to populate that land with, and your conquered peoples are still there. If you spread yourself too thin you could end up like the huns and disappear. Of course, if you don't expand at all you'll also vanish into the dustbin of history. Over time, you could assimilate related peoples into your own kingship, and a thriving tribal people will of course grow to include new pops. Diplomatically a smaller tribe can also create or join a tribal confederacy, where several weaker tribes come together to increase their influence, at the cost of internal cohesion and the possibility of collapse if things don't go well. Defend against the Huns, exploit the collapse of the Roman Empire, and quiver against the unstoppable might of the Muslim conquests.

You'd have a very different experience ruling over Rome or Byzantium, as you'd have a greater focus on exploitation of land than management of your pops. They'd be much richer than tribes but pack less military ability per pop. These empires can settle allied tribes within their lands to improve the military fortunes of the empire, but if you don't keep them happy you might be inviting in your own doom.
I imagine you'd play from about 400 AD up until the (edit) death of Charlemagne in 812. I'm imagining a rather fluid pop-based game where control of land isn't as important as who the people occupying it are. The tribes I'm talking about are not even a little bit related to the way they're portrayed in CK2.

Jon Shafer, Civ 5 lead designer, was developing a game very similar to this: http://www.atthegatesgame.com/

Unfortunately, after 4 years it's still not released...

Reactions: