• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reactions:
Once again I've had to clean up the thread, and once again I will remind you all to be nice to each other.

• 5Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
So Cara Eliison truly did go out of the project :(
At this rate HSL should have done a Highlander game :/
Lots of people are losing their head and in the end there can only be one :p

Hope the game comes out and it be better than we think :D

• 3Haha
Reactions:
Hope the game comes out and it be better than we think :D

Hope runs eternal. For me I will wait. I do not trust what is going on. I will not risk my money till the game has been out for sometime. After all I have waited for a long time so what difference will it make to wait a few weeks after release.

Reactions:
Looks like they hired a new dev:
yh8ej3cashv51.jpg

The interesting part to me: "I'll helping them get current stuff out the door, bur really I'm joining for whatever comes next"
This, to me at least, screams a let just be done with it, and move on as soon as possible attitude. Also, the next should be the DLCs, right? Or they already canceled them?

Reactions:
The interesting part to me: "I'll helping them get current stuff out the door, bur really I'm joining for whatever comes next"
This, to me at least, screams a let just be done with it, and move on as soon as possible attitude. Also, the next should be the DLCs, right? Or they already canceled them?

Slap some lipstick on that pig and let's get a few suckers, er customers to buy it and recoup some of our losses. Now I can be very wrong and maybe it will be a great game. But as I said I'll wait for it to be proven that it's a good game.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:

000_SamW.JPG

So two replacements for two departures. Dunno about y'all but to me that would suggest that maybe the writing isn't done just yet?

Reactions:

000_SamW.JPG

So two replacements for two departures. Dunno about y'all but to me that would suggest that maybe the writing isn't done just yet?

Remember those people saying the game is going to get cancelled?
If nothing else it sounds like we are going to get a game. Who knows how good it will be.

Reactions:
Remember those people saying the game is going to get cancelled?
If nothing else it sounds like we are going to get a game. Who knows how good it will be.

Precisely.

Personally, I do not entertain the possibility that the game will be cancelled. You don't keep hiring new people for a game you're gonna ditch.

Reactions:

Or the story and writing was so bad they had to scrap the original stuff.

• 5Haha
Reactions:
Or the story and writing was so bad they had to scrap the original stuff.

Mass Effect Andromeda writer fixes VtMB1 author's prose. That'd be just crazy enough for 2020. ^^
Even if the writing were so flawed as to warrant a ground floor rewrite (which I cannot imagine), I doubt they'd do it at this late hour.

But the question remains: they obviously still needed the writers, why kick the old ones (Brian in particular) out the door? We'll probably never know, but it is puzzling.

Reactions:
We'll probably never know, but it is puzzling.
We will for sure never know ... they cannot tell us now, its too late.

If they will not tell us, they can hope that some people will forget, and others will get used to not geting this particular answer ...
But if they do, there will be new wave of negative reactions like "Why we had to wait so long for this no longer relevant information." ... kinda lika with last DD.

And also its not so puzzling at all ...
The only logical reason for that is two outcomes ... either it was not logical firing (dunno, some personal disagreement, tense emotions etc.) ... or it was something that could potentialy either hurt company, or Brians profesional life ... otherwise there is no reason to keep it.
Both options have one thing in common, we can only gues, and we will never know if we guesed right. :(

Also nobody ever officaly confrimed that there is no need for writers anymore ...
All Brian was telling us (aka Rock Paper Shotgun) was that he was never told that he or his department is doing a bad (or not good enough) job, nothing more.
Everything else was pure speculations.
Even if main game have whole story, and all side quests done ... there still can be space for some improvements ... or they could work at DLC's ...

And pardon me if this will seem as stupid question ... but i see on that twitter (i presume) screenshot only the information that she was hired by Hardsuit labs as lead narrative designer ...
I know that this post was recently released ... but are we really 100% sure that she will be working on Bloodlines 2, that there is not any second project in development? o_O

Last edited:
And pardon me if this will seem as stupid question ... but i see on that twitter (i presume) screenshot only the information that she was hired by Hardsuit labs as lead narrative designer ...
I know that this post was recently released ... but are we really 100% sure that she will be working on Bloodlines 2, that there is not any second project in development? o_O

She didn't say so explicitly, but two new writers, similar tweets (helping with current stuff but looking forward to future projects) and one of them, the guy, referred to vampire directly so while it's inferred, I think it's a reasonable assumption to make.

Reactions:

000_SamW.JPG

So? This is a good thing. Maybe there are minor things like NPC chatter and so on to fix or maybe Brian wasnt up to par as much as everyone thought. Either way, this isnt bad.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Mass Effect Andromeda writer fixes VtMB1 author's prose. That'd be just crazy enough for 2020. ^^
Even if the writing were so flawed as to warrant a ground floor rewrite (which I cannot imagine), I doubt they'd do it at this late hour.

But the question remains: they obviously still needed the writers, why kick the old ones (Brian in particular) out the door? We'll probably never know, but it is puzzling.
Could be a million reasons, lets not speculate again wildly. Lets just see where the team will take this. Im just ready for anything in terms of footage of the game, thats what i wanna see.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I don't think her work on Mass Effect Andromeda should be automatically held against her, my understanding is that its problems came more from handing it to an inexperienced C-team than anything else. It's more than possible that her writing is fine, if not actively good.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So? This is a good thing. Maybe there are minor things like NPC chatter and so on to fix or maybe Brian wasnt up to par as much as everyone thought. Either way, this isnt bad.

I didn't say it was. The frowning smiley is from the link.
But it does indicate that there's writing yet to be done so it stands to reason that the cause for Brian and Cara's departure wasn't them running out of work.

Could be a million reasons, lets not speculate again wildly. Lets just see where the team will take this. Im just ready for anything in terms of footage of the game, thats what i wanna see.

I did not speculate. Saying we'll likely never know is pretty much the antithesis of speculation. I do wonder though, which I think is legitimate all things considered.
But I share your attitude on gameplay footage. It's the only real yardstick. Everything else is noise.

• 1Like
Reactions: