• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Since this isn't news but discussion of the news, for a while ago. Can you please move this to another thread? Each time i see this thread and see that there is something new i am expecting news, good ones preferably, but instead i got people talking the same topic already talked time and time again. So, please, can you make a discussion thread and leave this for the news and only the news? :)
Dont worry, this will die down eventually. Fresh news will probably come in a month or 2. We get close to end of 2020 and its possible that it comes out in Q1 of 2021.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Dont worry, this will die down eventually. Fresh news will probably come in a month or 2. We get close to end of 2020 and its possible that it comes out in Q1 of 2021.
Well with posts like this one i really believe that you never have played Bloodlines 1.

To be fair you are somewhat right that people will forget about Ka'ai Cluney, Christian Schlütter and Florian Schwarzer.
But Brian Mitsoda? I not gonna say that some people will not forget but i really doubt that the majority of Bloodlines 1 fans will.

Sorry but you can´t fire the guy who was the heart and soul of Bloodlines 2 (maybe even Bloodlines 1) and hope that everything gets normal after this.
366f0s.jpg

Edit: And like i said i really don´t expect any news soon. Maybe after Cyberpunk.

Last edited:
Reactions:

really i like to agree with you and the other person is right we shouldn't be on the same topic about mitsoda being fired..look the rest of you guys i get it mitsoda getting fired was a big deal and maybe we deserve to know why but i doubt even the prince knows even if she does she probably wont tell us as it may encourage us to want to know more if he was fired for dumb reasons that dont make sense..

heres my guess why he got fired mitsoda helped make BL1 and it got released too early yes it had bugs and sucked but mitsoda was in charge and not alot of people was going to suggest it get delayed to fix it up by then it was to late to reschedule its release..but when BL2 was scheduled to release on this year in march it got delayed because mitsoda understood why BL1 didn't sell well it was mitsodas choice to delay it the first time..second time he wasn't told and he wanted it to still release this year...that maybe part of the reason why he was fired, there may have been some bugs giving the devs problems, maybe mitsoda wanted to change some stuff..and if he wanted to change some things ontop of still releasing it this year (before it got rescheduled for 2021) then he most likely forgot that the virus was slowing down development as everyone is working on the game from home not in a studio with a bunch of people who also work on the game..devs are usually used to working on games with there co workers in a studio thats how its been for awhile..if someone breaks there leg and cant go the work they may call the people there and get time off..the game wont slow down in development if one person is out cuz if it's just a broken bone or something they'll get better in a few months or they can help from home
but a bad virus like covid..were talking about quarinten for everyone..sick or not and that means you can't work with people in the studio you gotta do that from home on a computer..thats hard since there's alot of bad stuff that can happen like cats getting in your way or kids running around etc. you know
remember the prince told us that the virus was slowing down development the other day and things aren't that fast..if we had BL2 right now im sure it would turn out like BL1 again development is slow and Mitsoda probably forgot what was causing that so maybe that's why they fired him and the game got delayed..thats my guess..tomorrow im asking prince if mitsoda's work thats complete will remain in the game or if there going to...maybe ask if there going to have to redo everything since they fired mitsoda..no im not asking why they fired him if you want you guys can ask..im more worried about the game development loosing its progress and waiting years for it to come back
im not upset i just think that's what happened i hope that explains it for you guys...stay safe and stay clean you know the drill ;) tnx guys

• 3Haha
Reactions:
heres my guess...
Nice theory but not accurate.
Like Bloodlines 1 before Brian Mitsoda wasn´t in any position to delay this game. That wasn´t his job.
He was the lead writer of Bloodlines 1 and Bloodlines 2 (before the firing). Nothing more nothing less.

From Brian Mitsoda´s own statement: "I was not part of the conversations that led to the decision to delay production, and to my knowledge, there were no delays caused by the Bloodlines 2 narrative development."
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...been-fired-as-narrative-lead-on-bloodlines-2/

Ka'ai Cluney, Christian Schlütter and Florian Schwarzer on the other hand were very likely fired and replaced because of the delays.
My current guess is that Brian Mitsoda was fired because he is a close friend to former creative director Ka'ai Cluney who
gave him the job opportunity in the first place.

Reactions:
Well first you have good intentions but do you really expect good or any news for a while after this? :)

After the last news we got? Yep, i am expecting any good new. After the firing any new would be good, things can't get worse. With the new guy we will need to climb up Camarilla towers to unlock quests after all :p

I am sorry but i bet that we won´t hear anything about Bloodlines 2 in 2020 expect maybe some minor stuff.

As @Andrei the Tzimisce said:
Maybe after Cyberpunk.

:)

Maybe you should wait this out like Hardsuit Labs & Paradox and let people talk this still important news out?

"Important", yes, "news", not so much. No offense but you are discussing the sex of angels. Brian Mitsoda was fired, we know that, we don't know why or how that will affect BLII. And this thread keeps getting people saying the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and again :(

All the same and no diablerie make me a dull boy ;)

So, sorry for my polite request to move the byzantine discussion to another thread. And don't worry, to keep up with the thread i will complain about the same issue over and over again for the next 10 pages expecting people do or say something they will never will :D

I would of done, but someone keeps bring up the idea this is not a subject that should be debated, and people have no right to know the basics of what is going on, so I felt the need to reply.

If people wants to debate brian mitsoda firing and its repercussions they are free to do it, all i ask is that they create a new thread and leave this for the new news :)

Reactions:
After the last news we got? Yep, i am expecting any good new. After the firing any new would be good, things can't get worse. With the new guy we will need to climb up Camarilla towers to unlock quests after all :p
They still can fire the last remaining Bloodlines 1 link Rik Schaffer and also his wife Margaret Tang and replace his music.
Also who knows if they decide to keep Brian Mitsoda as a voice actor.

"Important", yes, "news", not so much. No offense but you are discussing the sex of angels. Brian Mitsoda was fired, we know that, we don't know why or how that will affect BLII.
What do you possible expect? Lets move on and pretent that everything is fine?
Maybe you want this but i on the other hand doesn´t care for some minor news like the Tremere Bloodbubble thing.
They should only come back after this with a good gameplay demo (Demo not a Trailer) and this is not gonna happen soon.

Also this doesn´t change the fact that they fired and replace the guys who invisioned Bloodlines 2 in the first place.
Maybe they all deserve to fired or replace but i doubt that.
Especially Brian Mitsoda who a was one if not the biggest selling point of this game.

So no this controversy will never go away. Not for the main game and not for Bloodlines 2 DLCs.
Maybe for Bloodlines 3 but this takes time.

So, sorry for my polite request to move the byzantine discussion to another thread. And don't worry, to keep up with the thread i will complain about the same issue over and over again for the next 10 pages expecting people do or say something they will never will :D
Only 10 pages?!? ;)
You can bet this will be atleast mention by someone after every news update.

If people wants to debate brian mitsoda firing and its repercussions they are free to do it, all i ask is that they create a new thread and leave this for the new news :)
There are of course any threads with this topic and many will follow but this is the Internet.
If some want to comment on Brian Mitsoda he/she will do that. Maybe you all should accept this. :)

Nice theory but not accurate.
Like Bloodlines 1 before Brian Mitsoda wasn´t in any position to delay this game. That wasn´t his job.
He was the lead writer of Bloodlines 1 and Bloodlines 2 (before the firing). Nothing more nothing less.

From Brian Mitsoda´s own statement: "I was not part of the conversations that led to the decision to delay production, and to my knowledge, there were no delays caused by the Bloodlines 2 narrative development."
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...been-fired-as-narrative-lead-on-bloodlines-2/

Ka'ai Cluney, Christian Schlütter and Florian Schwarzer on the other hand were very likely fired and replaced because of the delays.
My current guess is that Brian Mitsoda was fired because he is a close friend to former creative director Ka'ai Cluney who
gave him the job opportunity in the first place.

well that doesn't explain why mitsoda was fired what did he do wrong?
ik i said i didn't care but i guess im kinda interested

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
They still can fire the last remaining Bloodlines 1 link Rik Schaffer and also his wife Margaret Tang and replace his music.
Also who knows if they decide to keep Brian Mitsoda as a voice actor.

What do you possible expect? Lets move on and pretent that everything is fine?
Maybe you want this but i on the other hand doesn´t care for some minor news like the Tremere Bloodbubble thing.
They should only come back after this with a good gameplay demo (Demo not a Trailer) and this is not gonna happen soon.

Also this doesn´t change the fact that they fired and replace the guys who invisioned Bloodlines 2 in the first place.
Maybe they all deserve to fired or replace but i doubt that.
Especially Brian Mitsoda who a was one if not the biggest selling point of this game.

So no this controversy will never go away. Not for the main game and not for Bloodlines 2 DLCs.
Maybe for Bloodlines 3 but this takes time.

Only 10 pages?!? ;)
You can bet this will be atleast mention by someone after every news update.

There are of course any threads with this topic and many will follow but this is the Internet.
If some want to comment on Brian Mitsoda he/she will do that. Maybe you all should accept this. :)

I only made a request to the community and i already got my answer. Thank you, very much. I wish you a good day and that in these times of plague and trouble you are safe. Have a happy, long and prosperous life :D

Dont worry, all this drama will die down. As soon as everyone sees new content theyre all hyped again.
Well you are right for some people but the Bloodlines 1 fans will not forget that they fire Brian Mitsoda.
But i assume you don´t care that this man gave 5 years of this passionate love and time for this game.
Its just "drama" . :mad:
You clearly have noticed that i gave to an angry emoji for this post. And you deserve it because this post made me mad.

• 3Haha
Reactions:
Dont worry, all this drama will die down. As soon as everyone sees new content theyre all hyped again.

I think it depends on the new content. As of now, releases of new conduct (Edit: content) have de-hyped things, not increased hype.

I'd probably disagree that this is "drama" involving the firing of key staff. While I didn't know two of the three involved, one of them was key to my interest in BL2, and I consider it a significant change to the title. I also consider it a very public loss of faith in the overall design at Hardsuit (in addition to the problems they were already under with art underperforming) and the fact that Paradox had to step in to supposedly get things back on course does not come across well, far from it.

Last edited:
Reactions:
All right people, stay on topic. This thread is for news. Not discussing, there are other threads for that. :)

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I have to, don't i
Well ...
I believe you dont "have to" ... since as far as i remember developers did promis that this game will be as welcoming for new people as possible ... but i gues its better, if you wish to see every easter egg on first gameplay ...
Also, i bet everyone can strongly recomend that, since that game is freaking awesome, and cost just a few bucks by now. :)

Reactions:
This is last info we get ... but i presume you allready read it there:

We're taking the extra time to work on our next Dev Diary. Yes we don't want to have silence either but we'd also rather not put out something unsubstantial at this time.

Reactions: