• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I see a lot of tongue in cheek replies in here, and I guess that levity is good, as it at least attempts to keep the mood of the community up and in good spirits, but I'm hoping these "tidbits" are more substantial that that word implies. Honestly at this point they simply need to drop a release date. If the game is going to be pushed back to 2021, that's fine, but at least give us a solid date. If on the other hand they are still releasing in 2020 that a date is needed at this point. There are a number of apologists on these forums for Hardsuit Labs and Paradox, and while I can respect the people who want to maintain goodwill towards the devs and publisher, the half a year long silence has done them no favor in my eyes, and is cause for criticism, imo.

I feel that the backlash they received last Summer has made them gun shy, and reluctant to give out any info or a solid release time frame, for fear of possibly (however unlikely) having to delay again and facing even more ire. The thing is, if they were to delay again that would be a serious matter, but one of their own making, so they would deserve what ever backlash they would receive from it. Regardless of potentially upsetting the community, I still believe that a solid date should be released at this point,for better or worse, as should a host of new media, not just at this upcoming event, but a steady flow needs to be happening between now and the games eventual release. Failure to do that would simply be irresponsible on the devs part, and I can say with almost absolute certainty, would hurt the overall sales of the game, due to poor marketing and lack of communication with the public.

I'm not trying to be nasty or negative to Hardsuit Labs. I know they are not a AAA developer, and do not have the resources that many others in the gaming industry possess, but they have bungled the marketing for this game consistently with their total lack of communication to this point, and they are ultimately a company (along with Paradox) that are looking for our money in exchange for their product. The lack of a solid release and this limited amount of content shown thus far has done nothing to help their product or bolster goodwill with their potential costumers. So while I'm not trying to be blindly negative, I am critiquing how they've done things thus far, and saying that if they continue doing such at, and after, this event on the 13th, then they will deserve all the negativity and bad press that comes from not presenting their product properly.

I hope I end up eating my words though, come the 13th, and we are given an appropriately large amount of new info, plus a solid release date. If they go forward from this point and start marketing this game properly, it will do much to assuage the issues I've had with them to this point. I'm hoping that is the case, and the 13th ends up being a day of rejoicing. Also it will be nice to see the blind defenders of these forums no longer having to protect the good honor of two companies who's job it is to provide us with a product and entertainment, while we provide them with an income. The lengths some have went to defend the poor decisions of Hardsuit Labs and Paradox to this point is a bit asinine. Yes, hope for the best for any company that is providing you with something you desire, but don't do so blindly. Be willing to call them out and critique them when need be, such has been the case with the months of radio silence on this game.

Either way, I guess we'll see what the 13th brings us...

I've been on the extremely relaxed end of things regarding BL2's release/schedule, but you make a couple of good points.
Personally, I'd be ok if they communicated just a bit more along the lines of 'not in the next four months now go back to Bannerlord and stop bothering us'. :D

• 3Like
Reactions:
I've been on the extremely relaxed end of things regarding BL2's release/schedule, but you make a couple of good points.
Personally, I'd be ok if they communicated just a bit more along the lines of 'not in the next four months now go back to Bannerlord and stop bothering us'. :D

I am also pretty relaxed about the release date, as I feel quite certain that it will have to fall sometime in Q4 of 2020. I am also super busy playing lots of other games right now, which helps make the wait much easier. Just got back into playing Witcher 3-to celebrate the 5th anniversary of the game's release-as well as some really cool computerized versions of the old Fighting Fantasy Game-books. In barely 2 months, Wasteland 3 will be coming out, & Cyberpunk 2077 is out barely a month after that.....so I have a packed gaming schedule between here & the end of 2020 :).

Reactions:
Release date is only a priority if you are able to play the game, remember that we still don't even know the requirements :)
But meanwhile i will be visiting the shiny new Corpus ships ;)

Damsel is official confirmed by a special Damsel teaser after the showing the latest trailer again.

I don´t think that this game will come out this year. This Damsel teaser trailer is just made for the fans to stay patient.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Yay for Damsel, but the facial animation is kinda rough.

Reactions:
Also in case you missed it... ;)

1.jpg

Reactions:
The question that nobody have ask. Will the TV News Anchor also get an official reveal?

And does someone speaks russian or unterstand it? Some folks are saying that the words on Damsel shirt are wrong.
Будущее возмездие and not Будущая Возмездие.

Reactions:
looks like there were serious framerate issues, hope it is because of twitch. But in case yes, i think they will postpone release till next year maybe q1 q2.

Also, looks like they made mistake on t-shirt.

• 1Like
Reactions:
And does someone speaks russian or unterstand it? Some folks are saying that the words on Damsel shirt are wrong.
Будущее возмездие and not Будущая Возмездие.
Russian is my native language, and yep, it should be "Будущее возмездие" ("Upcoming retaliation").
They used wrong adjective inflection, it's minor, but very noticeable mistake.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I presume it was unintentional, but it kinda works. As much as people like Damsel, I don't think anybody ever had her pegged for a linguist. :p

Reactions:
not disappointed, cuz anticipated that. Because of so packed release schedule, most likely they will tell us they will ship it during q1 or q2. Making any marketing right now, means compete toe-to-toe with cp2077 marketing. Also, i am pretty sure most people wont even look on anything before late october because of cp. And then there will be ac valhalla campaign. And by sole youtube views cp, ac and even horizon have more views in couple days than highest viewed bl video released last year.

And seriously, look at damsel reveal and framerate issues and something like this
. this video got 4.5 mil in couple days.

Last edited:
Reactions:
And seriously, look at damsel reveal and framerate issues and something like this
And do you know that Paradox isn´t Sony and that Bloodlines 2 hasn´t near the budget of a very polish Horizon 2?
Bloodlines 2 isn´t a AAA Game like Horizon 2 or Cyberpunk 2077 it´s just a AA game at best.
Sorry but do me a favour and please stop this comparisons. :)

But i agree that this game should release next year.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Because of so packed release schedule
Even if ...
That does not prevent showing us some gameplay, or stuff. :(

Honestly i presumed that DD#12 was not happening bcs they had so much work with this event, but ... then we get 42 sec clip, where is for 35 sec nothing happening. :-/
I just hope that this will be simmilar to Larian, that had there just few second aswell, but will have another stream to show another gameplay.

Reactions:
they are holding for sweet spot for marketing campaign. They know they can't compete with those titles, so no need to start hype train. And by the looks from trailer this game needs more work. No news is better than bad news.

Reactions:
I gues we will have agree to disagree ...
I dont believe that everything here is looking bad ... year ago, we get pre-alpha footage, and most of us was excited as hell ... get the same (or simmilar) now, to see progress, but also being reminded that this still isnt final state cant harm anything. :-/
Or i just cant imagine how it could.
On the other hand, absolute silence is never good ... at last its not good sign.

I can understand that they didnt have time on *this* event to show us more, wich is another reason why i dont quite understand why were they waste time for trailer we allready know. :-/
I still hope that there will be some proper reveal soon ... just not sure if it can be soon enough. :-/

Reactions:
Reactions: