• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I missed the live stream that happened.. Anyone who can say what was mentioned that is new?
For me the following things were new:
- criminal background(they also mentioned police officer and barrista)
- They use V20 rules for thinbloods.
- You need to join a clan, you can't stay a thin blood and you also keep the thin blood discipline after you join your clan.

Yes, they're the bonus clan.

Which isn't very surprising, we know that the PC is a Thin Blood as a sort of extended tutorial before joining a proper Clan.

Are they? When did they say that? Must have missed it.

//They are.. the clan's part of the site's game info tab was updated. Oh well, at least we know they'll gradually add more. Weird tho, they were advertised as a bonus "clan" but aren't thinbloods clanless by definition?

Are they? When did they say that? Must have missed it.

//They are.. the clan's part of the site's game info tab was updated. Oh well, at least we know they'll gradually add more. Weird tho, they were advertised as a bonus "clan" but aren't thinbloods clanless by definition?
It was said in various interviews, and while it's true that Thin Bloods are not a proper Clan they have enough unique abilities per-V5 (which Bloodlines 2 was developed alongside) that it makes sense for Bloodlines 2 to list them as a Clan.

The german guy (don't remember the name, sorry) said we couldn't survive Seattle without joining a clan. He didn't outright say "you MUST join a clan", but that's a pretty close statement.
They can’t survive Seattle without joining a Clan or Faction?
The latter seems more logical imho.
Maybe it was a slip of the tongue?

Hmmmm, thinbloods are a clan in themselves?

Hmmmm, thinbloods are a clan in themselves?
Technically not, I imagine they're listed as one for gameplay purposes.

They get unique disciplines after all.

They can’t survive Seattle without joining a Clan or Faction?
The latter seems more logical imho.
Maybe it was a slip of the tongue?

Pretty sure he said "clan", but he maybe meant something else. I can't tell!

Exactly, weird how they're the bonus clan when part of being thinblood is being clanless.

Yeah. Gotta say this is disappointing. Didn't they say this bonus clan would be available day one or very soon after the release?

The introduction being playable day one is just... logic. We all knew we would be thinbloods since the announcement. It's even told somewhere else on the website. Why keep this "bonus clan" hidden if it was the "thinblood clan" all along?

I don't really know how to express what I mean in English, so I hope you all understand.

It was said in various interviews, and while it's true that Thin Bloods are not a proper Clan they have enough unique abilities per-V5 (which Bloodlines 2 was developed alongside) that it makes sense for Bloodlines 2 to list them as a Clan.

Except they're not really unique, you'll still have them when you join a proper clan. Which i personally don't mind in the slightest really, just trying to make sense of it. And abilities isn't really all there's to it to clans, they all have a shared history dating back millennia.

Now that i think about it they were never advertised as a "clan". The main site's page showed a "bonus" tag in addition to the 5 clans, not a "bonus clan" and they didn't say they were a clan on stream either.. Just something else.. weird was the most used epithet when describing them. People just assumed there were 6 clans and turns out the sixth was a different thing, Thinbloods.

So my guess is Toreador, Ventrue, Brujah, Tremere, and Nosferatu as the starting game clans based on the picture hints they gave so far. I didn't think the Thin Bloods counted as a Clan but now they are the bonus clan. No Malkavians at launch, as playable at least, they will probably be in the game as NPCs, possibly released after launch as playable.

Toreador CONFIRMED on stream!!
I am in no way surprised.

If we look at the Clan list on the official Website the one right next to the Thin Bloods has a background that's rather cosy with a roaring fire, implying a breed of Kindred who are particularly connected to their humanity.

Interestingly that suggests that each Clan will be revealed in order, which suggests that we'll likely get Ventrue and Gangrel(?) after Toreador are revealed.

If we look at the Clan list on the official Website the one right next to the Thin Bloods has a background that's rather cosy with a roaring fire, implying a breed of Kindred who are particularly connected to their humanity.

Interestingly that suggests that each Clan will be revealed in order, which suggests that we'll likely get Ventrue and Gangrel(?) after Toreador are revealed.

'Bonus', which we now know to be thinblood, was the last one initially tho.
But yeah fireplace haven looks Tory to me too.

It has to be Toreador, Ventrue, Brujah (not Gangrel, that looks like a crazy bar fight), Tremere, and Nosferatu

He said something like this:
"It wouldn't possible to survive without becoming a full blooded clan vampire"
Here is the video link with timestamp for the question:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/415710551?t=02h24m57s
Yeah this pretty much confirmed that the PC will be forced to commit diablerie in the story. Which I find pretty annoying as the themes that comes with it aren't ones I want to deal with in every single playthrough.