• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They plan some free and some paid ones, not sure which one it will be for this.
The one thing they said with absolutely definite clarity is that ALL clans will ALWAYS be free, even newly released ones.

(I'm as surprised at this declaration as anyone, as they are the prime and obvious DLC material, but they said so!)

The one thing they said with absolutely definite clarity is that ALL clans will ALWAYS be free, even newly released ones.

(I'm as surprised at this declaration as anyone, as they are the prime and obvious DLC material, but they said so!)

That's good to know. I guess they'll focus paid expansions on additional story, and new base mechanics like clans will be free (even if it affects individual storyline).

I must've missed that!
I'll add it to the OP

Or totally annoying.

To be fair, its not a game-breaker for me.....& I will admit that I am uncertain how it could be included in a way that would be fun for everyone. Its just that it was one of my favourite parts of playing the Tabletop game. Made my character truly feel like a VAMPIRE!!!!

If I were to guess - the story packs will add significant quest lines into the game and the full expansion will add a new major hub and maybe continue the story after the ‘ending’.
While I think it's rather unlikely that we'll be able to join the Sabbat at release, maybe that'll be the focus of the story packs or the expansion?
A new clan to play (Tzimisce or Lasombra) accompanied with their respective disciplines and storyline?

My 2 cents :)

While I think it's rather unlikely that we'll be able to join the Sabbat at release, maybe that'll be the focus of the story packs or the expansion?
A new clan to play (Tzimisce or Lasombra) accompanied with their respective disciplines and storyline?

My 2 cents :)

Problem with that is they said that any new clans would be free additions. I take that to mean that it includes their disciplines and any clan quests associated.

I could possibly see a Sabbat path being added in as a story pack, where we can choose to work with that sect as another alternative branch in the story. I think though, that they’ll want to make the story packs be things that will have broad appeal. That is, a set of new quests with different options rather than new options for existing quests that would only appeal to a limited number of people.

All that said, if this is going to be a sort of experiment with applying the paradox DLC model to an RPG then we could potentially see them try all sorts of things.

Yep, this is true. You will never have to pay for clans. We are dedicated to this.

LATEST EDITS IN GREEN
  • Set in Seattle
    In the late 1800s, the original Seattle downtown area burned down, leaving the community to rebuild the city atop the old one. This means that a literal scorched city awaits just beneath the streets, a sort of American Pompeii full of abandoned storefronts and grimy street signs.

As a native of Seattle I should point out for those who may not know that this isn't an "alternate history" thing, this is what actually happened in Seattle. Look up the Seattle Underground on Wikipedia. They rebuilt on top of the ruins of dozens of city blocks in the vicinity of Pioneer Square, which happens to be where we start this game. And I'm not saying they tore it all down and build fresh, no they rebuilt one to two stories higher than the original street grade, leaving a lot of the ruins relatively intact down there. Today there's everything from guided tours of areas of these ruins, to literally-underground clubs, to hideouts for homeless people and drug users in the Seattle Underground.