• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
At least we now know this was delayed to 2021. I figured this would be the case, but it’s nice to have actual confirmation from the devs. Still I wish they would have been a bit more open about the development hurdles going on, so we wouldn’t have these big gaps of time with no info, and then big announcements like we just got. It’s good to finally know though.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
At least we now know this was delayed to 2021. I figured this would be the case, but it’s nice to have actual confirmation from the devs. Still I wish they would have been a bit more open about the development hurdles going on, so we wouldn’t have these big gaps of time with no info, and then big announcements like we just got. It’s good to finally know though.

Well yes, one would hope that they could give us a release window.....& start pumping out promotional material.

Reactions:
We're approaching the last quarter of 2020 and until now, the release date was nowhere near the horizon.
So tell me, was there really any doubt that it's not coming this year?

Reactions:
I just hope they will show us something soon, i (or maybe i can use "we" here, right? :D) really need to see some UPDATED gameplay, and get some info about mechanics that will be used ...
For example: How weapons durability will be implemented, how XP points will be distribued, what character backgrounds we get, what character customisations we will get (preferably Character creation video at this one), will there be any "combo" mechanic with using two disciplines at once on target (i know, probably not), etc. etc.

I dont mind this game is developing for so long, and will be developing for quite some time from now, i just wish they talk to us, give us some info so we have something to look forward to ... yes, "bloodlines" itself is quite promissing title, but it can hold hype only for some time ... and speaking for myself, that time is long gone, and now i need something more! :-/

• 1Like
Reactions:
We're approaching the last quarter of 2020 and until now, the release date was nowhere near the horizon.
So tell me, was there really any doubt that it's not coming this year?

I was still hopeful that we'd get a tease at the end of August & a release date. My feeling was that a failure to get either-or both-would mean no release in 2020.

Just popping back in here to say....

I was proven right again.

And in November 2021. We'll get another announcement of another delay. A much shorter one. My prediction now is a release date of Spring 2022.

• 4Haha
Reactions:
I'm just glad they got it out of the way so we can stop wondering. Although I do hope that they don't overfocus on graphics and animations.
The first game wasn't exactly a looker either even at the time.

Reactions:
Just popping back in here to say....

I was proven right again.

And in November 2021. We'll get another announcement of another delay. A much shorter one. My prediction now is a release date of Spring 2022.
They dont say anything about a november release...It could come out in Q1 or Q2 of 2021. The game is close enough to be finished in 2021, why would they delay until 2022?

Reactions:
I'm just glad they got it out of the way so we can stop wondering. Although I do hope that they don't overfocus on graphics and animations.
The first game wasn't exactly a looker either even at the time.
Yeah but that is little more than a year back. :-/
After all that time i believe there allready should be some update. :-/

Reactions:
Yeah but that is little more than a year back. :-/
After all that time i believe there allready should be some update. :-/

Oh I agree that we could've done with more and more transparent communication.
And it's ... well it does indicate some serious bumps in the development process that there should end up being two years between preorder and delivery.

• 1Like
Reactions:
For example: How weapons durability will be implemented, how XP points will be distribued, what character backgrounds we get, what character customisations we will get (preferably Character creation video at this one), will there be any "combo" mechanic with using two disciplines at once on target (i know, probably not), etc. etc.

Yes! I would love to see all of that. They can make a video showing one of these each at intervals. I also wouldn't mind a gameplay peak at other locations than Pioneer Square. :D

• 1Love
Reactions:

They will not release it on Spring 2022, remember they don't want to compete with CP2077 :p

• 2Haha
Reactions:
They can make a video showing one of these each at intervals.
Exactly that we sugested here multiple times. :(

I also wouldn't mind a gameplay peak at other locations than Pioneer Square. :D
Well ... yes, and no ...
I would also like to see some another location, but if we see the same quest, in the same location ... its much easier to see all that progress that was promissed. :p

• 2Like
Reactions:
And it's ... well it does indicate some serious bumps in the development process that there should end up being two years between preorder and delivery.

Looking at what is happening everywhere else -- delays galore -- it's obvious that "work from home" is not as productive as it was touted to be. To say the least.

Reactions:
Looking at what is happening everywhere else -- delays galore -- it's obvious that "work from home" is not as productive as it was touted to be. To say the least.

That's certainly true. I wouldn't've thought I'd be glad to be back at the office myself. But face-to-face (or mask-to-mask) communication can't be done without completely : D
Do we know whether or not BL2 is still being developed "remotely", as it were? Washington's stay at home order lasted for one quarter ending on June 1st afaik.
And the first delay announcement predates covid.

Be all that as it may, I'm not frettin' over the delay. I anticipated it and prefer clarity over a false sense of anticipation.

Reactions: