• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just a reminder.
In order for a character to have a cameo, physical presence in Seattle is not necessary.
We could still see idk, maybe a video conference between Isaac Abrams and Lou, Or Magical conference between Strauss and the Tremer in Seattle
or a phone call etc

Depending on when Bloodlines 2 is set, Abrahms is probably already off fighting the Gehenna War in the Middle East. Strauss is a strong likelihood, though, given he is now back in LA.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I really hope Stauss makes an appearance (Though knowing my luck he probably wont)
he was one of my favorites from VTMB1 (He always reminds me of my deceased grandpa) and with a whole faction focusing on tremere (the newcommers) it would make sense to at least find a letter from him or something
Though I know it probably wont happen

He is currently high up in the Court of Prince Vannevar, so he is unlikely to appear in the flesh.

Reactions:
You know, I am getting kind of bored with people who use terms like "Woke" & "SJW" as an attack against computer games that simply allow more choices for players. Little tip for you haters out there, giving people additional gender choices doesn't actually take any choice away from you-& you are free to ignore it. BTW, this is coming from a white heterosexual male.

EDIT: Actually, I am utterly fed up to the back teeth with people who use the above terms in a pejorative fashion. Sorry, not sorry, if your long-held sense of privilege is getting bent out of shape by current events.
Please don't do this.
Don't derail the thread. If you see something you don't like ignore it, don't put it in the spotlight.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
You know, I am getting kind of bored with people who use terms like "Woke" & "SJW" as an attack against computer games that simply allow more choices for players. Little tip for you haters out there, giving people additional gender choices doesn't actually take any choice away from you-& you are free to ignore it. BTW, this is coming from a white heterosexual male.

EDIT: Actually, I am utterly fed up to the back teeth with people who use the above terms in a pejorative fashion. Sorry, not sorry, if your long-held sense of privilege is getting bent out of shape by current events.
Yeah, shows how far we still have to go tho. They dont get it that the more they complain the longer the fight against racism, bigotry and sexism takes. All we want is acceptance.

VTMB2 for me rather than Cyberpunk 2077 for 1 reason, diversity. On the surface it looks like Cyberpunk will be diverse because its in the future in the US. But trans people already come across as freaks in ads, sex is already marketed as something big, with genital choice for players, we know what that means. And they sell via Keanu popularity.

Also, diversity exists IRL, the haters even met LGBT people, they just dont know that theyre LGBT people.

Back to topic, we know very little, but we know enough about Hardsuit Labs and Paradox that its safe to say that the game isnt gonna be as bad as VTMB was on release. And it will have official mod support and most of all, long term support. Paradox is famous for that. I caan personally say im looking forward to the game.

Reactions:
Lel. I thought woke was the polite term. What's the preferred nomenclature then these days?

In any event as I've said before: I'm pro gamer choice. I'd have been totally fine with pronoun choices and gender choices.
If anything get mad at pdox for not including them dios mio.
I'm just worried how much of a "world of darkness preludes" scenario the writing staff's outlook will create for BL2.
Which might end up not being an issue. Good grief folks, take a breather.

Last edited:
Reactions:
It was confrimmed, that vor Vampires sexuaily dont mean much, wich really makes me happy, since there was allready early confrimmed romances.

I'm a little interested in this portion. Do you mean that there will be actual romances in the game? I missed out on info about it. I was kind of under the impression that it would be similar to Bloodlines 1, where you use seduction as a form of manipulation to get mortals to do your bidding or to sway other vampires plus some flirting.

So, you will be getting real romances or is it along the lines of more flirting? :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm a little interested in this portion. Do you mean that there will be actual romances in the game? I missed out on info about it. I was kind of under the impression that it would be similar to Bloodlines 1, where you use seduction as a form of manipulation to get mortals to do your bidding or to sway other vampires plus some flirting.

So, you will be getting real romances or is it along the lines of more flirting? :D

I hope if they add romances they ain't just some flat you say one sentence and you are both hopelessly in love with each other, I hope you have to actually develop the relationship and get a choice if you just wanna use the person and take advantage of their feelings towards you (Hey playing an evil low humanity vampire can be fun) or if you want to actually pursue some wholesome relationship,
Could also be fun if it turns out some characters were just using you leaving you with a broken heart and blood tears.
what I'm saying is I hope they stick with the dark theme and vampires nature of things and not making it all puppies and rainbows but that's just my opinion :)

I am glad that sexuality doesn't matter though ^_^

Reactions:

Well, no one knows in fact ...
Details about this topic are still marked as spoiler, so no one really confrims how exactly will any relations, or romance if you wish, will work ...

On the other hand if you will search long enough, you can find gameplay demo from last year, where player did choose first option talking to Eliff ("I was hoping I'd get a chance to see you again") ... and then her reaction is much more warm, and much less proffesional distant (if i recall corectly it was something like: "I can make some free time, for the right person.").

My personal expectation is something like there was in Bloodlines1 between protagonist, and Heather Poe.
You can be hard on her, and just use her anyhow you want ... you can be sweet on her, and use her, at last less violent :D ... there is no sex at all, yet you can have quite interesting relationship.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Please don't do this.
Don't derail the thread. If you see something you don't like ignore it, don't put it in the spotlight.
Not trying to derail anything. That is an accusation you should direct at the bloke who got triggered by the Podcast in the first place. I have said my peace & have since moved on.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I recall, a few weeks ago, that someone was saying that because it was suggested that there might be firearms "perks" in Bloodlines 2, it meant that the game wouldn't be an RPG with Attributes & Abilities. Now, even ignoring the fact that the "perks" claims were made way back during the early pre-alpha phase of the game, the existence of Perks doesn't negate the existence of Attributes & Abilities. Cyberpunk 2077 has loads of confirmed perks in the skill tree, yet it still has a standard RPG based Attribute (Body, Reflexes, Cool, Intellect etc) & Ability (Netrunning, Melee Combat, Firearms etc) system.

Sorry, just wanted to bring that up.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I recall, a few weeks ago, that someone was saying that because it was suggested that there might be firearms "perks" in Bloodlines 2, it meant that the game wouldn't be an RPG with Attributes & Abilities. Now, even ignoring the fact that the "perks" claims were made way back during the early pre-alpha phase of the game, the existence of Perks doesn't negate the existence of Attributes & Abilities. Cyberpunk 2077 has loads of confirmed perks in the skill tree, yet it still has a standard RPG based Attribute (Body, Reflexes, Cool, Intellect etc) & Ability (Netrunning, Melee Combat, Firearms etc) system.

Sorry, just wanted to bring that up.

still no word on a DD 12 or a release for BL2 (which i think is to be expected and not surprising)? there was an announcement of another vtm game but its next year no idea what the gameplay will be like though

So of the three big upcoming WoD games (not counting coteries) two are epic exclusive. That's kind of a bummer ngl. I hope that'll not become a permanent thing.

Reactions:
Paradox doesnt do Epic Exclusives. I hope they do more WoD games.

Well, no. Paradox doesn't. I had just hoped that their acquisition of WoD would put the IP as a whole on the same track. Which it didn't, obviously :(

Reactions:
Well, no. Paradox doesn't. I had just hoped that their acquisition of WoD would put the IP as a whole on the same track. Which it didn't, obviously :(
Thing is, they can still license WoD content out. I dont think thats a good thing if it leads to Epic Exclusives. Those games no matter how good, will never enter my gaming library due to Exlusivity being unethical.

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions: