• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
well, "like e3" will be in august. It was really indie dev event last week.
Sorry but the Paradox Insider was this year E3 like event for Paradox. What you mean is the Gamescom or its online replacement show.
To be honest it wasn´t that bad as yesterdays EA Play event but no new Bloodlines 2 gameplay isn´t good either.
Maybe they have a cool presentation with tons of gameplay soon but right now it´s quite alarming that
for a (even for this crazy year) 2020 title Bloodlines 2 has that little to show at E3.

By the way any word on Pdxcon 2020? Is it canceled, postponed or is it still happening?

Reactions:
Paradox, I really wish for more game trailers to be released. I can't wait! How about showing us a video on character creation, for example? That'd be good.

You forgot something, in the game there two character creations. One for the puny kine the pc stars and then one for when he gets promoted to thinblood :)

Reactions:
Since we will choose our thinblood discipline at the start ... i believe you mean puny thinblood, and then promoted to actual Vampire (or Toreador)

Reactions:
You forgot something, in the game there two character creations. One for the puny kine the pc stars and then one for when he gets promoted to thinblood :)
Now this is something I'd REALLY like to see!
We practically know nothing about how the second character creation works.
How fleshed out will it be? What are the options? Will the appearance change again? Is it only for stats? Can you customize your fangs? Nails? Hair? Size?
Clothes? What?

Reactions:
How fleshed out will it be? What are the options? Will the appearance change again? Is it only for stats? Can you customize your fangs? Nails? Hair? Size?
Clothes? What?

It will me more or less like the first one. We are gonna get some number of options. It's not only for stats. Apparence, nails and hair may, or may not be able to be changed on it. It's difficult we will be able to change size. To change the thinblood clothes you can also use a wardrobe :)

My uncle who works on Nintendo told me all of this :p

Since we will choose our thinblood discipline at the start ... i believe you mean puny thinblood, and then promoted to actual Vampire (or Toreador)

If i recall correctly we start the game as a thinblood, staked and getting delivered to our trial to tell our version of the facts. Then we tell how when the thinblood was still human did go to Pioneers Square and got embraced. Then explosions happens and you are free.

Kinda we start as a thinblood, but kinda not. One of the things it was said about the character creation was that we were able to choose our previous mortal life, game developer, barista, youtube star, that kind of things.

Check this video from Outstar, she recreates the begin of the game. She says she didn't saw the character creation, it was a demo on Berlin, but she saw how the game begins. After that, we track down what happened to the thinblood, the demo we have see a thousand times and counting happens and then we get to choose a proper clan, like the malkavians, or we can go the Twilight cosplay by choosing Toreador, not that there is anything not-wrong on that :)

Check this video from Outstar, she recreates the begin of the game. She says she didn't saw the character creation, it was a demo on Berlin, but she saw how the game begins.
Based on that video. :D
I presume that we will never walk ingame as human ... we will be thinblood since the begining, and we will start the game before tribunal, where we will talk about mass embrace, that happened 14days ago. :)

Reactions:
Well...
I've just seen brand new scenes from Cyberpuke 2077...and well... I strongly advice to not release around the same time they do... :(

Meh, people will compare the two games, both have the potential for greatness and will compete between them. But if i were to choose one over the other i would choose Vampire. The more i see of CP2077 the more it looks like a sci-fy mod for GTA. They have gone the punk route and the cyber parts only looks like and excuse for the punk. Take the sci-fy aspects out of the game and it will still be the same game; take out the vampire aspects of Bloodlines II and you get nothing at all. It may be a good game but for me that have played Cyberpunk and love the genre it doesn't looks that interesting. Bloodlines keeps getting better and better and truly keeps to the essence of the material it's adapting :)
(FANGS>CHROME)=1 :p

• 2Like
Reactions:
Well...
I've just seen brand new scenes from Cyberpuke 2077...and well... I strongly advice to not release around the same time they do... :(
I really dont think it will be any relevant in 2020 ...
Even if they release at the same day, at last 90% players will allready have preordered one, or the other (or both, tbh) ...

Just ask around, i believe that most of us pay for this game about year ago.
(And still didnt get any avatars, or at last pins ... kinda sad tho)

Reactions:
Well...
I've just seen brand scenes from Cyberpuke 2077...and well... I strongly advice to not release around the same time they do... :(

Wow, I haven't checked out Cyberpunk 2077 of late. That is a detailed showing. I'm curious now as to what the release date will be for Bloodlines 2. I'm genuinely looking forward to it. May the new dev diary arrive with more goodies about the game.

Reactions:
(And still didnt get any avatars, or at last pins ... kinda sad tho)

Funny thing, here and there i have seen the BLII icon, an infinity symbol over a yellow background surrounded by a goldenish square. I think people who got the game in PDX store already got their medal :)

Honestly, after looking cp2077 trailer i can say. It is better not to release bl2 sooner than month or two after cp release.
These games will heavily compete, both first person, both have shooter elements, both rpgs and bl2 even cost more. The hype is very strong with cp also scale is enormous

• 2Like
Reactions:
Funny thing, here and there i have seen the BLII icon, an infinity symbol over a yellow background surrounded by a goldenish square. I think people who got the game in PDX store already got their medal :)
That is just another shame on them ...
We are punished for pre-purchase game sooner. :-/

Or at last when i was buying, there was no pdx store option ... it just send me to steam. -_-

Honestly, after looking cp2077 trailer i can say. It is better not to release bl2 sooner than month or two after cp release.
These games will heavily compete, both first person, both have shooter elements, both rpgs and bl2 even cost more. The hype is very strong with cp also scale is enormous
The release question for Paradox is should Bloodlines 2 been released before or after Cyberpunk 2077?

But after the disappointing Paradox Insider kinda E3 show i don´t believe that Bloodlines 2 will be release in 2020.
They can still do that of course but without new gameplay i am not really confident that this would be good idea.
So i would prefer if Bloodlines 2 is a 2021 game.

Last edited:
Reactions: