• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TVremote

Recruit
11 Badges
Sep 24, 2009
  • Majesty 2
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
I am wondering what version of M2 would be best for creating a mod in? So far I'm leaning towards 1.3 but I've been reading the forums a bit and it seems a lot of people don't play this version. How easy it is to mod is also a consideration, since I've been playing since 1.0 with my own mods and they get broken quite easily with the patches.

1.3, 1.4 1.5 are all the same.

The "best version" to mod was 1.0, because many things were closed or unclear in 1.3 and further. Now that I and my friends have figured it all out, 1.3 and up are as good for modding as 1.0 once was.

Thanks, I'll probably go with the most recent version then. I've been reading the guides on the map editor and keep having a very basic problem and can't find any way to fix it. How do I move around the map? 75% of the time I am unable to scroll around while making a map and then the other 25% of the time I can scroll around without having done a thing to enable it. No matter where I look I can't find anything that enables or disables map scrolling, even in the guides. It's a real pain and is making it nearly impossible to make maps.

Last edited:
you press the mouse wheel, or use the arrow keys.

when you create the new level, save it, and reload. The scrolling will become unsticky and you will be able to work with he map. Maps that you load never freeze.