• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A diplomatic request from a nation to another asking for or offering military access. Generally speaking, it doesn't offer much in the way of benefits, as a nation can't use the access to launch ground offensive operations from (though some air missions can be, I used it as Italy to launch an air assault of Gibraltar in my AAR campaign).

A diplomatic request from a nation to another asking for or offering military access. Generally speaking, it doesn't offer much in the way of benefits, as a nation can't use the access to launch ground offensive operations from (though some air missions can be, I used it as Italy to launch an air assault of Gibraltar in my AAR campaign).
I'm asking if it is depended on threat level, size of your military relative to the other nation, land bordering their land in order to gain military access,etc?

Doubtful, because that would be attributing a lot of common sense into how Paradox program the game, rather than what they did which was use the Diplo triangle and whether or not they're diplomatically aligned only.

I don't know the details, but it appears to depend almost entirely on relative political positions and Relations.

Note that while you can't invade another country directly from a neutral state where you have military access, you CAN use that as a base of operations for either an amphibious attack or a paratrooper drop into a province adjacent to that neutral state, then move your units in that neighboring neutral state into the province you took.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I don't know the details, but it appears to depend almost entirely on relative political positions and Relations.

Note that while you can't invade another country directly from a neutral state where you have military access, you CAN use that as a base of operations for either an amphibious attack or a paratrooper drop into a province adjacent to that neutral state, then move your units in that neighboring neutral state into the province you took.
Thanks. I was thinking of sending Axis troops (for example, Hungary) through Sweden and into Finland to prop them up without having to worry about transporting them across the sea.

Reactions:
They could march through Sweden and into Finland as long as they're not attacking Finland. If they've got access rights, no problem. They could help prop up Finland, but invading the Soviet Union through Finland while Finland is NOT at war with the Soviets wouldn't work.

Reactions:
They also wouldn't work to defend Finland during the Winter War if you're not at war with the Soviets--though I've never actually tried that...

Can a nation at peace give an expeditionary force to a nation at war?