• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Arturius

Colonel
68 Badges
Sep 1, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • March of the Eagles
  • Iron Cross
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
Hitherto British India is owned by the British Empire. But aren't there reasons to make them a puppet (in a conversion for AoD)?

pros:

- had is own olympic team
- founder of League of Nation as "British-India"
- had is own army ("Army of India") which consists of native Indians
- over 1,000,000 soldiers of Indian Army participate on the WWI
- some sort of self-government (native Indians could be part of it)
- the Empire would gain all resources in full
- India would utilise its Manpower

cons:

- no dominion, but Britih Crown
- the governor and secretary was placed by british parliament

How should be the Princly States represented? Notice that in AoD we have more country-tags for use available.

history-of-the-united-kingdom2.gif

Last edited:
I think it's an interesting idea. There should be an event for the Hindu-German conspiracy. If the revolt succeeds, India loses its puppet status and joins the Central Powers.

The various Princely States should probably be puppets of the British Raj. It might be difficult to find enough leaders and ministers for each one, though.

I think it's an interesting idea. There should be an event for the Hindu-German conspiracy. If the revolt succeeds, India loses its puppet status and joins the Central Powers.

The various Princely States should probably be puppets of the British Raj. It might be difficult to find enough leaders and ministers for each one, though.

Yeah, I had a similar idea. I wanted to create a new country tag called "Ghadar India", "Free India" or simply "India". There should be a little chance that the rebellion starts. Free India would be released and would fight against British-India.

You are right, indeed a fragmented India were accurate historically, but you won't find leaders and ministers. Maybe provinces of Princely States represented as non-national provinces of British Raj?

Btw. "British India", "British Raj" or "British Indian Empire"?

Last edited:
This is truly meticously presented but shouldn't it bring too much chaos to the game? In most historical textbooks India is shown as simply a british territory...

You're dead right! But most of the full conversion mods have India made a puppet, I think mainly for AI reasons. Therewith should be avoid that all divisions will transfer to Europe when UK is in war.

well i think british india as a puppet state of uk would be the closest to the game mechanics, the trouble of officers and leaders would be difficult as the indian divisions where commanded by british officers pretty much up to their independence.

the lack of oversea manpower in the hoi 2 engine cripples any human uk player... the ai aspect is also worth keeping in mind as a puppet india will not send all its divisions to europe.

as for the princedoms, i think it would be best to include them under the british puppet state, alternatively as conquered or non owned territory (giving them owned status should india become free and independent)