What to do when you can't find the enemy's main hero?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, this party really sucks. It seems inappropriate for a hero, or any player can stay on the map without a city for more than maybe two turns. I can pretty much guarantee you that they were doing some sort of quest, or exploring some site. I once had a hero that made me wait the whole ~10 turns for their cities to convert. They didn't disband the entire time. 10 full turns. They were just floating in the ocean like 3 turns from their cities. I finally found them when I started attacking their neighbor.

I don't know of any cheats that can help me find an enemy hero.

Is there a way to figure out where they're hiding besides revealing the map?

I can't seem to find the enemy hero even after scanning the entire map.
The stack which includes an AI commander is represented by a golden icon on the strategic map. This makes the search for him less of a hassle because you don´t have to click on each enemy stack. When you go to war with an AI faction do this:

1. Scout the capital city with monitor stations or scout units.
2. Scout the AI commander with monitor stations or scout units. NEVER let him vanish on the map.
3. Conquer the city.
4. Attack the AI commander´s stack on the same turn you conquered his capital. With his capital gone you need only to remove the model of the AI commander from battle to win the fight.

If she has a few heroes in his stack, she can remain viable a long time, since they don't desert w/o upkeep. So keep her capital garrisoned as insurance until it flips.