• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(54419)

Corporal
Mar 1, 2006
I work far from home and would like to play my saved games on my work PC when I get free time.

I copied my custom scenario files and my saved game files - and pasted them into the correct directories on my work system- but when I try to load my saved game I get an error:

"Couldnt open DB/Events/AI/Conversion_tech.txt"

I noticedd that this file is not installed by default, so it must be created when I create a custom scenario.

I have the patched version 1.06, etc.

Does anyone know specifically which files need to be copied in order to continue playing your saved game on another system?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
R McD

Sorry we do not support user made mods or edits for obvious reasons.
And the file syou need would depend on what you changed, as since I have no way of knowing that, the is not much I can help you with sorry.
If you have further dificulties you may want to try the modding forum.

Thank you

Thanks for the response. To clarify, the "custom" scenarios I am mentioning were made using the scenario editor, as opposed to a mod from the community.

So for example, if I had created a scenario using the editor, and had changed the starting technology of Finland, and then wanted to play this saved game - would you be able to tell me what files would be needed?

I am of course assuming that it is percfectly legal and appropriate to install my one retail version of HOI onto 2 seperate systems that I use.

Thanks again,
R McD

As long as you are not using them both at the same time. :)
Actually I am not sure what the EULA is for HOI, that would be what rules, not what I say. :)

Well it has been a long time, But I would say you don't need anything other than your save, provided you have already played for a while, since the tech info should be included in the save.

Changing starting techs doesn't work in the scenario editor. All it does is add the tech to the list of techs researched (so you can't research it again) but doesn't apply the effects. This happens because the scenario editor doesn't create a true scenario, it creates a savegame file, which means the effects of a tech are stored separately. Only with an actual scenario file are tech effects from the list applied when it is loaded. And, as I posted in your thread in the GD forum, that event file exists only in patches 1.06b and 1.06c so it sounds like your work system has a lower version than your home system where your scenario was created.

You double posted!
Bad bad bad!
That is very bad forum ettique.
Never ever ever do that. I will stay my wrath this time because you are new to the forum and maybe new to forums in general. Please do not let it happen again.
This thread is closed.
*Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.