What Not-Mundane-Animal Mounts Are You Hoping For?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Greymane

Second Lieutenant
1 Badges
Aug 20, 2007
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
Apart from Nightmares and Unicorns, there aren't really any fantasy animal mounts to be had in the game for your standard units. Not that bear cavalry or riding zebras are exactly mundane, but most of the animals themselves are. What other sorts of fantasy animals would you like to see get added as mounts for units?

Manticores would be pretty metal as both a unit and a mount, particularly since they've made past appearances in the series. Chimeras haven't been in past games that I can recall, but would still make a pretty cool high value mount, though Manticores and Chimeras both would probably be pretty expensive mount traits. We haven't seen Lurkers or Basalisks in awhile, so them making a return would be great too.

And, of course, the lack of undead mount options beyond bone wyvern for heroes is a crying shame. How am I suppose to take my necromancer's undead hordes seriously if they're riding around on things that are alive? They should at least be mounted on zombie horses or animated grave statues or something.

• 4Like
Reactions:
European dragon.

images.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions:
I want some non-animal ones like Aladin’s flying carpet.
Motorised something.
Chariots of different kinds.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Some kind of Automaton would be cool

• 1Like
Reactions:
I kinda suspect that we might get the severing golem as a hero mount, eventually. It's already the perfect shape for it.

A chariot would be really cool too though. Even more fun if it could load up different other units and change it's abilities/unit class. Have a standard ranged chariot with an Archer unit or a field ambulance with a Support, that sort of thing.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Severing golem is a hero mount already. S Class op mount. Had it only once.

Reactions:
Borderline bewteen animal and fantastical, but a giant tortoise would be so cool for coastal-themed factions. Also more cavern/underground-themed mounts, like giant slugs or something akin to deep rothés.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Hippogryph or demigryph, manticore, cockatrice. Also some sort of bug that's not a spider, probably a silt strider-esk or a centipede-esk. (but that is more mundane)

I'm sorry, but that just looks like a dog in a Halloween costume. xD
iu

Jokes aside dragon mount would be cool.

I fail to see the issue!

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Hippogryph or demigryph, manticore, cockatrice. Also some sort of bug that's not a spider, probably a silt strider-esk or a centipede-esk. (but that is more mundane)

I'm sorry, but that just looks like a dog in a Halloween costume. xD
iu

Jokes aside dragon mount would be cool.
Man, can you just imagine being on the battlefield and seeing a force of these swarming up at you? Fast just to fall on your sword than face this wrath.

Man, can you just imagine being on the battlefield and seeing a force of these swarming up at you? Fast just to fall on your sword than face this wrath.

It will collect your soul and play circus music endlessly.

Last edited: