• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I loved bastard's wound and the base game too. I played through the game 3 times already once with Disfavored, once with the Vendrien guard without Barik and Verse as companions - Immediatelly dismissing them and going alone until I got Lantry and then Ebb and Sirin. Making Lantry the tank, Sirin a two handed sword wielder badass and Ebb a gravelight mage and myself a dual volcanic sword wielding OP piece of crap. (I was disappointed that I couldn't get a new companion that is not loyal to my enemy like someone from Stalwart or something) then I replayed it again with Vendrien Guard but with Barik and Verse with me. Which Barik made hard because he complains non-stop that asshole, so I just didn't really use him much.

What the game needs is more options for the Vendrien guard playstyle imho as many lines still suggest that I am working for Kyros when I already openly stated a long time ago that I don't in fact work for him. And also companions that aren't spies or enemies to my cause. A couple new companions would do the game a lot of good. Also some additional dungeon/raid zones to fight challenging enemies. The oldwalls are okay but not nearly big enough or packed with enough enemies or challenging enemies. I want a zone where I can just go and strategically fight against really powerful oponents, it doesn't really need any writing behind it either, the writing is already perfect, I enjoy the story, but why is there no battle zone where I can just enjoy the great mechanics of the game.

I'm quite disappointed to see that I didn't fight the Overlord in the end. I thought I needed to prepare for the ultimate battle but then, the end came without an epic fight...
Well you probably couldn't fight the overlord, he's still the ruler of a continent. But yeah the end was a bit abrubt, I wish it would have made the end bosses a bit harder at least.

Personally, while I won't necessarily complain about a sequel being made, I'd like to see more companion-focused DLC. Bastard's Wound gave us special quests for Lantry, Barik, and Verse, but far less material for Sirin, Kills-in-Shadow, and Eb. I doubt I'm the only person who wants a quest in which we can safely remove Sirin's helmet, for example. There's ample room to flesh out the existing game, to say nothing of tweaks to existing mechanics.

I'm also a bit worried about where a sequel could go as far as narrative is concerned. I feel as though there's something special about Kyros that sets them apart from most villains. In large part because we never actually interact with them, Kyros feels less like a person to me and more like a force of nature. The instant Kyros has HP and the player has a means of depleting it, Kyros stops feeling like this inevitable entity whose presence can be felt in everything and more like Generic RPG Villain #1709. I think there's a very thought-provoking story to be found in how we might deal with an enemy we can't realistically expect to defeat. Thinking beyond the constraints of the game's programming, I found myself asking myself how I could justify serving Kyros. It always boiled down to power in the end. It's easy for us, as players, to see ourselves as invincible in this kind of game. If we lose, we just reload and try again, repeating the process until we win. But what if we can't win? Then what? Do we resist anyway and go out in a blaze of glory, hoping (perhaps in vain) that we'll inspire a successful rebellion somewhere down the line? Or do we do as Graven Ashe and so many others did and bend the knee to Kyros in the hope that we'll still be able to live a decent life? It's that second option that interests me, and it's why Tyranny speaks to me so much as a game.

Personally, while I won't necessarily complain about a sequel being made, I'd like to see more companion-focused DLC. Bastard's Wound gave us special quests for Lantry, Barik, and Verse, but far less material for Sirin, Kills-in-Shadow, and Eb. I doubt I'm the only person who wants a quest in which we can safely remove Sirin's helmet, for example. There's ample room to flesh out the existing game, to say nothing of tweaks to existing mechanics.

I'm also a bit worried about where a sequel could go as far as narrative is concerned. I feel as though there's something special about Kyros that sets them apart from most villains. In large part because we never actually interact with them, Kyros feels less like a person to me and more like a force of nature. The instant Kyros has HP and the player has a means of depleting it, Kyros stops feeling like this inevitable entity whose presence can be felt in everything and more like Generic RPG Villain #1709. I think there's a very thought-provoking story to be found in how we might deal with an enemy we can't realistically expect to defeat. Thinking beyond the constraints of the game's programming, I found myself asking myself how I could justify serving Kyros. It always boiled down to power in the end. It's easy for us, as players, to see ourselves as invincible in this kind of game. If we lose, we just reload and try again, repeating the process until we win. But what if we can't win? Then what? Do we resist anyway and go out in a blaze of glory, hoping (perhaps in vain) that we'll inspire a successful rebellion somewhere down the line? Or do we do as Graven Ashe and so many others did and bend the knee to Kyros in the hope that we'll still be able to live a decent life? It's that second option that interests me, and it's why Tyranny speaks to me so much as a game.
What I'd really like is a long long dungeon like the Endless paths of Od Nua in Pillars of Eternity I and you could tie that to multiple companion quests. I think Bastard's Wound had some stuff for Kills in Shadow as well, as beastmen are quite prominent there but a full-on quest would be awesome. And I agree completely, the game's a lot more fun when you can't realistically win, and quite honestly I think even at the end of the game you still can't really win. The main problem with the game is that the Archons are WAAAAAAAAAAY too easy to defeat. They should be friggin bosses, I bitch slapped Bleden Mark in 3 minutes, and the game was hyping him up to be this badass assassin for like 20 hours. Also I feel like the Tiersmen quest chain is not nearly as fleshed out as the Disfavored and Scarlet chorus ones. I assume they expected less people to find it but even so, you can't neglect it like this. Also Graven Ashe should really be convinceable to join you as your general even if you do not choose the disfavored or at least after killing him his daughter should take over the Disfavored instead and join you. Or maybe if you save his daughter you could convince him to not throw away his life fighting you.

I just finished Tyranny, and wow - this was by FAR the best RPG I have played in a really really long time. It is comparable to Fallout1, Baldur's Gate1.

The story is really good and the aesthetics so new and fresh. I didn't have a problem with the length, I am married and have children, so the duration was very good for me.

Reading the news, there doesn't seem much hope for a sequel, but I still hope that does get made.