What new (Grand) Activities do you want in the future?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Travel to relocate your capital.
Oooooh! I like this one. Obviously, everyone comes. It has a massive speed penalty that only increases the grander the court and the more court artifacts you have. This I like!
Wars, raiding and Crusades.
All some really good suggestions... this is the only thing I'm going to comment on. There have been a few, so this is for all of them. No. Just.. no. It can end up making things more complicated and tedious then you can ever imagine, more so then Obi-wan's power growing when Vader struck him down. A good example is to look at the prisoner's of war mod. It has two main features, prisoners captured in battle and sieges being attached to the army that captured them (and requiring to use travel to get back home when released/ransomed/escaped) and army commanders having to gather and travel to the army when switched. I had to shut that part of it off. As I switched commanders out, I was watching them travel for months back to the capitol, and while they are traveling you can't put them back in charge and they are out of the army as knights. It was just to tedious for my tastes.
Nothing, if they break the game.
:p Spoil sport!

Reactions:
I love these! :cool: Do you have a thread in the Suggestions sub forum? A link would help get upvotes!

edit: as for activities, I’ve mentioned this before: female rulers should be able to de-stress (and gather gossip) by occasionally joining their ladies-in-waiting to spin, weave, sew, embroider, etc., with some overlap with the lower end of the artifacts system (tapestries). I’m no expert, but I’m aware that the women’s work was economically significant, and it’s barely in the game.
There has to be a name for this activity. Hen Party can not be the right term for it.

There has to be a name for this activity. Hen Party can not be the right term for it.
Work? :D:p Because it was their work. Some loved it, some hated it. I’m sure I’ve read folk tales describing the queen retiring to work with her ladies, but it’s been a very long time, I’m short of sleep, and I simply can’t remember the appropriate phraseology. Probably find it if I reread The Canterbury Tales, but that’s not on my agenda atm.

No doubt the devs will find the right terminology if they add the activity! :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Funeral and Coronation sound mandatory, especially the latter.

Baptism would add some nice flavor, something for a DLC. I’d love to see cultures and religions get less and less same-y with every update, but I’d pay to see more content added to the major Christian denominations.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I would like options for activities. Small for the closest neighbouring counties. Internal, only counties inside the kingdom/empire can join.
And grand when its open for everyone.

And grand rite for witches should also have options of only having it smaller. It takes to long time with 1 year to wait for everyone in your house to join.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I would like options for activities. Small for the closest neighbouring counties. Internal, only counties inside the kingdom/empire can join.
And grand when its open for everyone.

And grand rite for witches should also have options of only having it smaller. It takes to long time with 1 year to wait for everyone in your house to join.
Agree on activity sized like you said. Even hunting can be annoying when you’re hunting around your capital which should be quick and fast, but you have to wait 3 months for one random vassal of your liege to join you. But if you disallow him, it speeds things up but now your mayor friend can’t make it because he needs a month to get there but now the event starts in a week.

So maybe let us set when the event is going to start, whether everyone shows up or not.

Reactions:
Mass conversions. Right now, converting to a religion is basically "push button, convert (along with most of your vassals)." Historically a ruler converting to a foreign faith (e.g., a pagan adopting Christianity) was a big deal. You'd expect lots of pageantry, and an expectation that most of the nobility would participate (or else).

Make it a big ceremony, with various vassals participating (or refusing, and you having to convince them or deal with the consequences). Foreign missionaries, christening gifts, maybe a fancy letter from the pope or a sponsor, and your new godfather angling for their own benefits in the deal.

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Not exactly a grand event, but every “Duel with a Rival” should definitely be a travel event where both parties arrange to meet somewhere, potentially with an entourage, potentially at risk of a treacherous ambush along the way, etc. These are serious events that can have some extra weight and storytelling capacity if they become multistage events. With the travel mechanics there’s simply no good excuse to teleport both characters instantly to have the fight without any time even passing.

• 2Like
Reactions:
In addition to the many great ideas here, I just want the Pope to travel around.

There were many synods and councils in the middle ages, and most relevant for CK3, Pope Urban II called for the First Crusade at the Council of Clermont in 1095. A lot of the "church rules" and "church-state" matters (sorry for the anachronistic term), like the investiture controversy, were discussed or decided upon at these meetings. The Third Council of the Lateran also dealt with Cathars, so maybe CK3 could have councils that decide how the church deals with heresies in a more dynamic way.
It seems some anti-popes also held some councils in an attempt to gather support, something that a player might want to interact with to weaken the pope.

It would be awesome if "Grand Councils" came with an eventual church/faith rework, as there is lots of potential to flesh out the struggles within the church and between rulers and the church. And one of the elements that would improve the Crusade system of CK3 would be a council that preceded it

Of course, most of these events would not be activities that a player can hold or even actively participate in. But first of all, it would be great to see these things happen anyway ("OMG! The pope is organizing a Grand Council - will he announce a crusade???"), and second of all, the player could have some influence in these things: maybe the Pope wants to hold the council in your realm, and you can be supportive or not through a series of events. According to wikipedia, Henry I of France was quite upset that Leo IX did not ask him for permission to hold the 1049 Council of Reims in France, as appears to have been custom. The backstory to this council could provide some pointers of how to make this kind of activity interesting for player characters.

If you upset the pope, you may get excommunicated, your custom faith may get its ecumenism doctrine cancelled (downgrading its relation with the Vatican from astray to hostile), etc. But maybe if you please the pope, you'd not only gain piety or get a bonus for your crusade war chest payout, but he might even sponsor the pricey upgrade of your cathedral (the cathedral which, in the first place, made it more likely for the pope to choose your holding as the site).

Unfortunately, I do not know if others faiths had corresponding activities.

• 5Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I think a Grand execution could make for an excellent fear tactic/power move for those with certain traits.

Imagine your vassals and neighboring rulers traveling to witnesses the last hours of a particularly prolific traitor or enemy of the crown. If they were enemies of the crown, the loyalists would love it. Families and friends of the accused might take a long time to forgive you but everyone will fear you. It would also give a bit more flavour to the executioner court role. There could be an option for those who are forgiving or shy to release the prisoner at everyones dismay or face a huge stress hit.

With some cultures it would be good to get some specific execution methods like 'hung, drawn and quartered' for the English. Maybe even a cultural pillar that can halve the cost/time for some cultures.

Those with the torturer lifestyle or sadistic trait could get some extra horrific execution options. I think it would also be fun as a vassal to think you're going to a normal execution and it turns out to be something that turns everyone's stomach. It would give vassals even more reasons to hate tyrannical rulers.

I can imagine though if not implemented right it would run the risk of being cheesed into a dread farm though. So maybe give a low success option to the visitors to disrupt the execution or even plan an escape at the risk of being caught themselves (again could lead to some interesting interactions).

• 2Like
Reactions: