What kind of future content would you like to see?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
More variety of buildings it gets a bit dull when you have a bunch of domes with the same or very similar looking buildings especially the housing structures that you will have multiple of in a single dome.

Adding more buildings have next to no value because everyone in streams pretty muchuses the most effective ones in each dome. No point in 20 recreation buildings because it all goes down to what building provides more for less. less space, less workplaces, less power and upkeep. Because it will end like Twopoint Hospital where devs added 100+ decorative items and everyone still used a set of most effective decorative bonuses with most powerful effects and ignored 100+ others.
New mechanics and tweaks of existing mechanics should always come before cosmetics.
Aesthetics my friend aesthetics

After Mars is terraformed, people should have needs and, accordingly, other product chains. Take a closer look at Anno 1800. Give me a region where there are only some opportunities for the growth of certain plants from which you can sew dresses. And so on. After all, if you think about it, after terraforming, people want to get out of their overalls and not just eat food briquettes. While you have food, it's just food, although there is meat that is not expressed in any way. And there should be meat, sausages, cheeses and other things. So Mars is now Earth. Accordingly, there is a whole region of needs. Well, yes, you need settings in the game, choose which notifications are received, make permanent secrets or move to the next secret, and so on.

Reactions:
Game should start to have expansions that look at other planetary bodies. I want to try and terraform humid/CO2 Venus, Gaseous Jupiter, or the ice ball Pluto.

If we have to stay on Mars, i'd like more social/govt options thru things like colony policies that let me further focus/refine my colony. I'd also like a bigger impact from renegades but also have a way to rehabilitate them.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Game should start to have expansions that look at other planetary bodies. I want to try and terraform humid/CO2 Venus, Gaseous Jupiter, or the ice ball Pluto.

If we have to stay on Mars, i'd like more social/govt options thru things like colony policies that let me further focus/refine my colony. I'd also like a bigger impact from renegades but also have a way to rehabilitate them.
Cool as it would be to terraform Venus and Pluto I don't think we would get something like that as a dlc because of how far it would strey from the name of the game, I could see doing stuff with Mars's moons Phobos and Deimos especially since one of them is set to collide with Mars at some point so that would be a priority for the safety of a colonized Mars, and with Phobos and Deimos being moons they would be a next step in colonization. Now on the matter of terraforming Jupiter it would not be feasible to do as Jupiter is a gas giant, what little solid ground is there is deep in the center of the gas ball surrounded by the crushing pressure of the gas and that's if you can get past the upper layer which is like a cosmic grindstone that would obliterate anything that attempts to pass, the only way to get through would be to get rid the gas atmosphere which I'm not an astrophysicist or anything but I'm pretty sure it would throw the whole sol system out of whack because of gravity and the like

some randomness from me:

An sponsor with only a clone spire as collonists! Send a clone spire prefab, and let that be all!
Robot sponsor with an android spire?
An seti sponsor, possibly with an uniqe set of events?

and generally more buildings :D

Quality life features I would like to see:
  • An easy way of Being able see how many people can not obtain a prepared meal or a service.
  • An easy way of being able to see at what times colonists go about their free time, in order to find out when they do their shopping and such.
  • Being able to easily know how many colonists certain amenities are able to serve while in open hours, the n/8 indicator for how many colonists are in the amenity at any given time is not enough information--if the case is that a colonist in fact does not spend 6am-12pm at the amenity, as that indicates an amenity with a max colonist space of 8 can indeed end up serving more than that number in any given shift.
  • Officially merge the mods that make Train commuting an actual thing that Colonists can do with more than one station a thing, along with other features like dealing with train storage, with the Base DLC.
  • Officially introduce that mod which makes Passageway hubs an actual thing into the base game.
  • Introduce High Capacity Trains
  • Give Arcology ~16 more housing capacity, as the base model clearly has ~16 windows that easily fit ~16 housing units.
  • Change the repeatable money technologies to just a thing I can click on once and the Scientists will be researching it forever, until I click on something else or de-list it.

You know what I would 100% find super cool? Being able to build a sprawling colony across different altitudes with Trains stations that go up ramps or something--a logistics transportation system that does not completely rely on the drone equivalent of low capacity flying cars and little helpers. Also there is, like, a picture in the Loading screens that have colonists having a picnic outside in a forested area, is that actually a thing in this game?

Really cool features that sound awesome in concept that I'd like to see:
  • Expand the mechanics present in the Marsgate mission to the point where Surviving Mars can allow for a strategic/tactical layer of Colony to Colony combat, ala Anno.
  • Expand the concept introduced within the Train DLC by making more forms of mass transportation of colonists and resources, like introducing small scale airports that can work as a mid to late game means of transporting resources/colonists across hubs without the need to have drones flying around everywhere... kinda like a better version of the RC Transport unit. Also, Late game subways? owo
  • Introduce more means for the player to have access to and create high density Colonies, meaning housing/amenities that can fit many colonists. Like, that special Wonder with the word "city" inside of it is cool and all, but the Google dictates that a town is usually about 5,000, and a City is about 50,000 people. That wonder in question can barely hold 800 population comfortably.
  • Expand the concept of lakes from the Green PLanet expansion to the point where players can make, well, localized oceans in those giant crevices a number of maps have--which, honestly, I'd be all for making it so that at 50-100% liquid water on mars, the deeper areas of the map that's below sea level start getting flooded.
  • Expand terraforming to the point where the player can raise the ground itself. That's not a thing in the Surviving mars I have been playing, just expanding the area of high or low altitude land that exists.

WAAAAY out there stuff that will not happen:
  • Buy Moon Tycoon (2001 PC game) and make a spiritual successor that's basically Cities skylines on the moon+asteroids and not 50-100% reliant on Domes for living space. Building Tourism in space that includes modular golf courses and stuff sounds cool, or even having Research tie into the Economy or something in such a way it doesn't rely the entirety of the scientists losing their job just because we reached the end of science [tree]. Like, Great Gatsby, seeing a Space City builder before science trees was a thing, making it possible to build a Science Colony that produces economy without the need of infinitely clicking on a science tree is something I think is a good avenue for quality of life.

I have been thinking a lot about all the stuff I posted in here, and I think I would be content paying for a DLC that gave me more High Density Options for transportation, work, home, and social Buildings, similar in Spirit on how the USA has a High Density Amenity building, and how the Arcology Spire has enough windows to justify ~14 more guests.

If the fear is that it would make the game too easy, then restrict those high density Buildings to Medium and above domes, and lower their base base comfort ratings colonists, but I would imagine that simply making the resource cost in upkeep high like the Apartment Building would be enough.

Well, given Surviving Mars have, like, five times more concurrent players than more recently released Surviving the Aftermatch I am surprised developers decided not to continue making DLCs for Surviving Mars. Maybe hopes for Surviving the Abyss are high but my main issue with Surviving Mars is not the lack of content,but how balanced it is.
I mean, we have techs, that make digging iron or rares obsolete. Or techs\buildings that are absolutely outclassed by other buildings...or breakthroughs that are a complete trash and others as game-changing overpowered techs.
Should devs make a pass on game balance, reducing overpowered techs efficiency, buffing underpowered aspects and such -game will be much more appealing even after years of release date.
And, of course, Terraforming - it is so slow and...not worth it save for role-play.

Hey folks. We're doing some surveying to see what kind of future content the community would want for Surviving Mars.

Although we do regularly keep track where we can of the community's wishes, now's a good time to share any ideas you have, no matter how big or small. Please try to keep it limited to future content rather than general feedback & suggestions. We'd love to hear your thoughts!
I would like a DLC where you put a little multiplayer system in the game. For example it would be cool if you can have other players or friends as rival colonies and trade with them, see their colony etc. It would be very cool if you could add something like this as a multiplayer to the game and i think many people would like to see it!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey folks. We're doing some surveying to see what kind of future content the community would want for Surviving Mars.

Although we do regularly keep track where we can of the community's wishes, now's a good time to share any ideas you have, no matter how big or small. Please try to keep it limited to future content rather than general feedback & suggestions. We'd love to hear your thoughts!

Is Surviving Mars even going to get more content, or is Paradox done with the game? I would like to see Road's, Bridges, and tunnels added but seeing as it's almost April 2023, it's doubtful Paradox even cares about the game anymore. Surviving Mars 2 with better graphics and only next gen.

Reactions:
I really liked surviving mars, but the DLCs are some of the few I did not bought. The underground one seemed "disconnected" and the train ones do not "train" (it seems like they only go back and forth instead of scheduling and joctions)
Making those DLCs fun first should give the needed (+) before anything else is added.

Reactions:
A name to be inspired by: "Outpost 2: Divided Destiny" (PC game, 1997).
It's a balanced combination of RTS and colony building, which is exactly what Surviving Mars currently lacks. It includes a sense of responsibility when the plot is about the imminent extinction of the human race, having to fight mainly with hostile elements of global PvE (tornadoes, earthquakes, meteors, electrical storms, volcanic eruptions, freezing...) or within the colony itself (hunger, overcrowding, morale, infertility...). This all becomes even more complex and challenging when we have rival colonies with different technology trees (because they chose different adaptation paths) vying for resources, leading to war through remotely controlled robots in the alien environment.
Environmental pressure can be so great that there is a need to build orbital spacecraft to explore other planets and keep humanity still alive.
The current game of Surviving Mars lacks meaning and purpose.
If we added those survival elements, we could make this game something great.

Quality life features I would like to see:
  • An easy way of Being able see how many people can not obtain a prepared meal or a service.
  • An easy way of being able to see at what times colonists go about their free time, in order to find out when they do their shopping and such.
  • Being able to easily know how many colonists certain amenities are able to serve while in open hours, the n/8 indicator for how many colonists are in the amenity at any given time is not enough information--if the case is that a colonist in fact does not spend 6am-12pm at the amenity, as that indicates an amenity with a max colonist space of 8 can indeed end up serving more than that number in any given shift.
  • Officially merge the mods that make Train commuting an actual thing that Colonists can do with more than one station a thing, along with other features like dealing with train storage, with the Base DLC.
  • Officially introduce that mod which makes Passageway hubs an actual thing into the base game.
  • Introduce High Capacity Trains
  • Give Arcology ~16 more housing capacity, as the base model clearly has ~16 windows that easily fit ~16 housing units.
  • Change the repeatable money technologies to just a thing I can click on once and the Scientists will be researching it forever, until I click on something else or de-list it.

You know what I would 100% find super cool? Being able to build a sprawling colony across different altitudes with Trains stations that go up ramps or something--a logistics transportation system that does not completely rely on the drone equivalent of low capacity flying cars and little helpers. Also there is, like, a picture in the Loading screens that have colonists having a picnic outside in a forested area, is that actually a thing in this game?

Really cool features that sound awesome in concept that I'd like to see:
  • Expand the mechanics present in the Marsgate mission to the point where Surviving Mars can allow for a strategic/tactical layer of Colony to Colony combat, ala Anno.
  • Expand the concept introduced within the Train DLC by making more forms of mass transportation of colonists and resources, like introducing small scale airports that can work as a mid to late game means of transporting resources/colonists across hubs without the need to have drones flying around everywhere... kinda like a better version of the RC Transport unit. Also, Late game subways? owo
  • Introduce more means for the player to have access to and create high density Colonies, meaning housing/amenities that can fit many colonists. Like, that special Wonder with the word "city" inside of it is cool and all, but the Google dictates that a town is usually about 5,000, and a City is about 50,000 people. That wonder in question can barely hold 800 population comfortably.
  • Expand the concept of lakes from the Green PLanet expansion to the point where players can make, well, localized oceans in those giant crevices a number of maps have--which, honestly, I'd be all for making it so that at 50-100% liquid water on mars, the deeper areas of the map that's below sea level start getting flooded.
  • Expand terraforming to the point where the player can raise the ground itself. That's not a thing in the Surviving mars I have been playing, just expanding the area of high or low altitude land that exists.

WAAAAY out there stuff that will not happen:
  • Buy Moon Tycoon (2001 PC game) and make a spiritual successor that's basically Cities skylines on the moon+asteroids and not 50-100% reliant on Domes for living space. Building Tourism in space that includes modular golf courses and stuff sounds cool, or even having Research tie into the Economy or something in such a way it doesn't rely the entirety of the scientists losing their job just because we reached the end of science [tree]. Like, Great Gatsby, seeing a Space City builder before science trees was a thing, making it possible to build a Science Colony that produces economy without the need of infinitely clicking on a science tree is something I think is a good avenue for quality of life.
Agree 100%