I created account in your forum specifically to add this comment.
First of all, I really like Surviving Mars, very good design, cool graphics, awesome music, interesting stories, I even decided to make some videos about it on YT, when I get to know it a bit more.
As for ideas about future content:
1. More control over colonists. I would love to be able to assign colonists to particular homes according to their specializations, age, etc. To make for example smart homes for geologists who works outside, apartments for no specialization etc. pick shifts they work and give them better homes. Not micromanage this every time new colonist appear (it gets very tedious, and if you have 300-400 colonist this is basically what I do most of the time - pause the game, micro manage for 20 min, get back to game for 20 min).
2. Ability to join workplace with home - similar to previous one, but being able to allow to stay in particular homes people who work in particular places/on particular shifts.
3. Retirements home - similar to nursery, but for Seniors. this will allow to build "retirement domes", maybe add new medical building just for them.
4. Command Centre - should have more options, policies for colonists. so you can assign specific colonists to particular jobs etc. Again to cut down on micromanagement.
5. Speaking of Command centre - add job centre. Where using slides or drop down menus faster assign colonists to specific domes etc.
6. Ramps and Flatten should have different sizes - like pen in paint, to better trim land
7. Multiple colonies - Mars is a big planet, maybe some sort of management of multiple places (maps) in different parts of Mars. There can be even different "Biomes" where in some part of the planet research is faster, in other there are more metals etc.
8. Ability or "non specialized" colonists who works in "specialized" buildings to gain experience and after some time become "specialized" colonists.
9. In regards of specializations - I would love to have different levels of specializations, like Novice/Pro/Expert for example adding some bonuses for more experienced colonists.
10. More interactions with "Earth", from simple "errands" where some corporation put up task with rewards, to be able to make campaign to get more applicants, more funds etc. Not like random events, but to actually have a bit more control over it - maybe even trading system where you can trade different materials (maybe apart of food
) for different prices, finding on maps some "unique" items which can be sell for more funds, or put to museum for publicity etc.