• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Roxria

Recruit
2 Badges
Dec 23, 2014
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
Hey guys!

What would you want Warlock III to have?

I would love a Civilization look! By that I mean if they can make each tile bigger and so the map does not seem cramped it would be great!like you can see and appreciate mountain ranges better and such! I love everything else though!

I wonder if there is a way to make building management easier the list sometimes gets too long but I guess they can make a building tree instead? like how they made a spell book tree?

Any ideas?

Oh and they could do with some sort of PR campaign - not many people know about Warlock 2 and some fellow gamers on reddit were surprised it was even out!

Going to be a bit harsh, but the developers have big boots and should be able to take it.

I want a manual the actually explains how the game works.

I want the game playable on Mac.

I want the game not to rename my saved games and when I rename a city it doesn't revert back to the original name.

Pretty sad these issues haven't been fixed yet. Lucky for me, my Mac has windows 8. I HATE windows 8. Yes I know how I keep saying it. Please PLEASE make it playable on Mac.

As for what I want, I want to feel like I am actually building an empire. I would like more city building options. By that I when I make farms, granaries etc, it helps city growth, to grow faster as well as feed your army and Lords. I would like more buildings to reduce unhappiness as well.

Another thing I would like when building an empire is when I make a city a Freetown or whatever, the infrastructure stays. Nothing more annoying making a city for 200 turns then make it into a Freetown because of the Cap and you loose EVERYTHING, epically if it's on a Resource. Let us keep the Resource and infrastructure to be as roads because that is one of the reasons why I make a city in a location, just for the roads.

I would like a flying race. Be it a bird race or a race with wings. Angels and Demons would be a nice touch as well for new units. Maybe some chariot units for something different as well.

Also I would like to create my own Race. Have a point system so we can make our own Races and Lords. Speaking of Lords, I would like to have more than 4. 4 just seems to limiting.

Speaking of limiting, if we are going to have a city cap, it needs to be more. At least have it scale up for bigger maps and shards we have. Why do we have the same limit of 6 (or is it 8?) cap on a small map and it's the same for a huge map? Bigger map needs to be able to have more city cap, maybe that is why a lot of us hate the cap limit. Let it scale. :)

1 - Powerful Avatars (king/Queen) for all races at the start
2 - Underground dungeon like zones
3 - More races
4 - Amazing graphics overhaul
5 - LOTR Mode (cant help it...just saw the movie)

What is Lord of the Ring mode? You mean massive battles?

I like the underground dungeon zone, but that would be to similar to Age of Wonders 3, so I like what Warlock 2 has is shards. I don't see that in other games so love the idea.

A sim-style spinoff where autonomous heroes, rich in personality, lead independent lives while you manage the kingdom's economy and large-scale military strategy.

I kid, I kid! That would obviously never sell.

I'll second improved AI and a mac version, though.

What is Lord of the Ring mode? You mean massive battles?
QUOTE]

A massive map where you control a main faction that is searching for an artifact that will make your main hero very powerful but will turn them evil if it is not destroyed. Once you have the artifact all races will declare war on you to get the item.

Thanks Redrunner, that does sound like a fun game.

MP that works via PBEM, so the players don't all have to be on at the same time.

Reduced focus on defense there are way too many defensive bonsues in the current game, that make it literally impossible to attack in MP now).

Really? I think there is way too many offensive bonuses you can get. You can easily get 100s of damage on a unit. I've never seen a defense that could stand up to a 800 damage 7 tile AoE attack anyway.

I would like Warlock III to be able to run on 32bit systems like Warlock II. :(