• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
From our Imperial Archives:
Abilities often have a Strength chance to apply an additional effect on top of base effects of an ability to the target Unit . Where 1 Strength equals to 10% to succeed (so 4 Strength equals to 40%). Strength checks always have a Damage Channel associated with them, indicated by the icon. Each unit targeted by an ability with a strength check will roll separately for the check. Upon success, the target unit suffers the additional effect, upon failure, no additional effect is suffered unless stated otherwise. Strength chances can be influenced by Unit Tier, Resistances and Weaknesses to the Strength check's Damage Channel and other sources such as Unit Mods or Visit Sites.

Final Strength chance is calculated through the following formula in percentage:
Final Strength chance = (Strength x 10) x 0.9^((Unit Tier - 1) x 2 + Resistance - Weakness)

• 1Like
Reactions:
How do I find Resistance? And Weakness? It’s just 0 if there is nothing on unit panel?

Actually, it's not just 0 (unfortunately!). Units have native resistances based on tier: 0/2/4/6, I believe, for tiers 1/2/3/4, with heroes counting as tier 4. Unfortunately, this information is not displayed anywhere on the unit panel, as far as I can tell. It should at least be written if you hover over the tier, in my opinion.

EDIT: Looks like tier influence is provided in the Final Strength Chance formula in the Imperial Archives.

Last edited: