• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Paradox Midsummer Sale has arrived! Up to 75% off!

Enjoy some sun and song this Midsummer, but when the sun goes down, the fun doesn't have to stop! Paradox has a festive sale on plenty of games to keep your summer nights going!

June 18th - June 30th
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

EUnderhill

Happy Feet!
25 Badges
Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
Some answers to your question:

FTG is made for all players who want to act more as the Government of a country than an almighty god. Player takes important decisions (alliances and diplomatic relations, warfare, investments, exploration and colonization…) but he also has to deal with decisions and personality of the monarchs through centuries and adapt for the best of the country. Nothing is written in stone and a wise Government will play with History and take advantage of it or do what is to be done in order to change it.

Our goals is to provide historical situation but a player can change everything while playing. In this case, historical events out of context will simply never occur. Script engine has been greatly enhanced in order to provide better control of the situation in triggers.
All play styles are possible from role-playing countries to World conquest. The game proposes an historical trend but this far from rigid and many plausible alternatives are proposed in AGCEEP like England winning the Hundred Years War, China still open to the rest of the World and more exploration oriented, formation of Germany, etc. Player has a choice and can influence ruler’s decisions... but not always according to situation.
For the same reason, AI controlled countries will try to act historically but they will also adapt to the situation. The game also proposes different levels for AI choices in events from pure historical to fully random.

An excellent answer, but one that, to me at least, does presuppose familiarity with EUII. I realize that, as licensed developers, and not Paradox staff, the limits are greater on what can be revealed and when, as Paradox still owns the property. I do hope that an effort is being made behind the scenes with Paradox to develop a marketing plan to embrace the newcomer when the product is ready for the wider public.

unmerged(40707)

Just call me Yoda in private!
Mar 1, 2005
An excellent answer, but one that, to me at least, does presuppose familiarity with EUII. I realize that, as licensed developers, and not Paradox staff, the limits are greater on what can be revealed and when, as Paradox still owns the property. I do hope that an effort is being made behind the scenes with Paradox to develop a marketing plan to embrace the newcomer when the product is ready for the wider public.
Paradox will act with FTG just like any new game: press release, trailer, demo version. Of course dev team is involved in these tasks... we just need time but everything should be available shortly now.