What is currently the best way to handle cultures ?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ruck

Major
5 Badges
Nov 28, 2005
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Imperator: Rome
As Rome f.e., does it make sense to integrate to neighbouring latin cultures or is better in the longterm to let them assimilate ? I guess a huge and heavy civilized culture like the Greeks would then be better to integrate ?

Also, I just fought a very difficult and long (felt like 100 years) war against Carthago (they backstabbed me, when I was already at war, also did they destroy like 70% of my costly navy). And now I somehow have the very strong urge to enslave them all, burn their city down and put salt on their fields o_O (I know, its a legend...).

So what would happen If I give the Carthagians ingame the right to be only slaves ? I guess it would take multiple centuries until all of their free men and nobility convert to slaves ? Would these slaves then automatically emigrate to my italian mainland to free working spaces to work in the fields ?

I do not play for min max, so I would recommend you to do as you are doing in your current campaign and role play each time.

Also, think about vassal relations like Feudatory, that are beneficial if you are from the same group cultures:

Hat tip to @Willem de Zwijger

On the migration subject, there is POP migration, and you can force move your slaves, albeit not from overseas.

Migration mechanism shall be improved.

For all it is worth, here my suggestion:

Last edited:
Reactions: