• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And there's still no fix besides the beta to be found? Looks like I'll be playing as a Muslim ROFLstomping those Franks and show them the will of Allah! Allah Aukbar!!! :D

Now until this bug is fixed, I'll have some infidels to crush :p

And why is that a problem?

Because from 780 until the arrival of the Turks, the Byzantines were slowly winning against the Arabs. The Greeks had also mastered the art of defending the rugged terrain of Anatolia. Could a debacle like Manzikert have occurred sooner against the Abbasids? Sure, but it shouldn't be nearly so often. Really, anything that triggers the Crusade era--like the fall of Anatolia or Aquitaine--before 1,000 CE should be rare (about as rare as AI-reformed pagans).

And there's still no fix besides the beta to be found?

The beta patch is the fix.

If you were asking 'when will it be released as an official patch' the answer is 'we don't know'.

Muslims crazy good? Not now. In 0.3 beta I destroyed all Ummaiad armies as Mali in every war. Maybe it's because OP, as some say, light infantry, but still. And defencive bonuses. And mountains. Wait, uh... Hell, I'm not the one to blame - the AI kept attacking my troops without considering their size or their position (mountains, strait, etc).