• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HBS_Dagger

HBS Community Manager
4 Badges
Oct 23, 2017
  • Harebrained Schemes Staff
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
We're so glad you asked!

From original BATTLETECH/MechWarrior creator Jordan Weisman and the developers of the award-winning Shadowrun Returns series comes the next-generation of turn-based tactical ‘Mech combat.

The year is 3025 and the galaxy is trapped in a cycle of perpetual war, fought by noble houses with enormous, mechanized combat vehicles called BattleMechs. Take command of your own mercenary outfit of `Mechs and the MechWarriors that pilot them, struggling to stay afloat as you find yourself drawn into a brutal interstellar civil war. Upgrade your starfaring base of operations, negotiate mercenary contracts with feudal lords, repair and maintain your stable of aging BattleMechs, and execute devastating combat tactics to defeat your enemies on the battlefield.

Game features:
COMMAND A SQUAD OF `MECHS IN TURN-BASED COMBAT:
Deploy over 30 BattleMechs in a wide variety of combinations. Use terrain, positioning, weapon selection and special abilities to outmaneuver and outplay your opponents.
MANAGE YOUR MERCENARY COMPANY:
Recruit, customize, and develop unique MechWarriors. Improve and customize your dropship. Oversee your team of technicians, engineers, and support personnel.
TAKE PART IN A DESPERATE CIVIL WAR:
Immerse yourself in the story of a violently deposed ruler, waging a brutal war to take back her throne with the support of your ragtag mercenary company… should you choose to provide it.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR `MECHS:
Use your MechLab to maintain and upgrade your units, replacing damaged weapon systems with battlefield salvage taken from fallen foes.
FIGHT YOUR WAY ACROSS THE PERIPHERY:
As a Mercenary, travel a wide stretch of space, taking all kinds of missions and managing your reputation with a variety of noble houses and local factions.
PVP MULTIPLAYER & SKIRMISH MODE:
Customize a Lance of ‘Mechs and MechWarriors to go head-to-head with your friends, compete against match-made opponents online, or jump into single-player skirmish mode to test your strategies against the AI.

Check out all the links in this thread to learn more!

Last edited:
I think that is a good question to actually ask the players.

What is Battletech to you?

To me it is working out how to use the mech(s) I have to the best of my ability and skill to defeat my enemies and complete my objective.
Then it is also the game that allowed my friends and I to improve our social circle by joining a table top gaming club to find more people to play against.

Now we have Battletech where we can play in our giant battlemechs and build our mercenary company and help a Lady to reclaim her kingdom. We get to play and develop tactics to work out how to defeat the enemies with the minimum damage and maximum salvage.

And then we get to play against others and show off our skill and tactics against someone else who will challenge us.

Last edited:
To me it is an interesting Lore. Not necessarily well-written Lore, but interesting nevertheless.

It’s an expansive fiction that seems based on (relatively) realistic science, and let’s those who join in the satisfaction of smashing things while controlling giant Stompy robots with guns. But without (FTMP) angisty teenage pilots and flying skyscrapers.

Big Stompy Goodness that comes in many shapes, sizes, flavors and forms. #BattleTechFTW!

On one hand, it's a thoughtful exploration of human nature, and our perpetual inability to fully break ourselves from our past or shed our most base natures, even while continuing to advance and expand.

On the other, it's a series of slow-playing, but deeply detailed and highly customizable strategy and combat simulator games.

In either case, it's medieval politics fought with giant robots. That by itself is all right with me.

Is it a FPS in any game modes?

No. Turn based in the 3rd person.

If you want FPS mech combat check out Mechwarrior Online or Mechwarrior 5 Mercanaries (coming Dec 2018, hopefully)
Thanks for the reply and the additional information!

1993, a friend introduced me to FASAs Battletech. I indirected LRMs, I death from aboved, I was hooked. That started my love affair for most table top games of the era: Leviathan/Interceptor/Centurion, Heavy Gear, Crimson Skies, Battlefleet Gothic... My first persistent campaign that meant something involved a Dervish that was a part of a reinforced company.

It is about tactics, personal expression, creativity. Immersion in a detail rich world full of political intrigue. Opportunities abound, live in the original game space to throw your lot in with the house that pays the most and strokes the least amount of ire from your sensibilities.

To me it is a a great universe where everbody can find his or her Home sort of, a maybe" furture of mankind and it is, as mentioned before, not everytime a well written sory, but still I enjoyd all books until the end. It is FUN?! And the abillity to be able to computerplay the boardgame is awesome :) And I HOPE with the upcommming game today we will have the first real storydeep SP Game for years. For the Archon ;-)