What files to save when reinstalling?

• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

unmerged(81837)

Recruit
Aug 8, 2007
Gonna get a new systemdisk so need to reinstall Majesty. What files should I save?

hiscores.sav
questdata_majx.sav

are the ones I'm certain of so far.

Hassat Hunter

Lt. General
4 Badges
Jul 22, 2007
  • Majesty 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
Well; I once re-installed and that was all I needed. You don't even need the highscores (mine had dozens of lvl 30 rogues of "Defeat the Mighty Dragon" anyways), but don't lose the questdate if you don't want to go over unlocking all the levels again...

Spiderman

Colonel
2 Badges
Jul 5, 2007
  • Majesty 2
  • 500k Club
Those files sound about right. One easy way to tell is to check the Date they were last updated; if any files have a date later than the install date, then they are the ones that get updated and consequently need saving.