• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(13070)

Second Lieutenant
Dec 23, 2002
Visit site
I have played two games now on TGW version 1.05 and I have yet to determine what happens to the enemy stack when I hit it with a gas attack? I assume there is a loss of org, but how much? And, is it cumulative? What I means is, if I hit them with consecutive gas attacks, like 1 every hour for 6 hours, does the effect build or do I just get credit for the first attack (assuming the enemy is now in his protective equipment)? I guess I just want to know the mechanics of what happens as a result of the attack.

Also, is there anyway to transport a gas unit?

dan59102 said:
I have played two games now on TGW version 1.05 and I have yet to determine what happens to the enemy stack when I hit it with a gas attack? I assume there is a loss of org, but how much? And, is it cumulative? What I means is, if I hit them with consecutive gas attacks, like 1 every hour for 6 hours, does the effect build or do I just get credit for the first attack (assuming the enemy is now in his protective equipment)? I guess I just want to know the mechanics of what happens as a result of the attack.

They have tactical attack attributes, although I don't know the particulars, as I've not used them myself, yet.

dan59102 said:
Also, is there anyway to transport a gas unit?

If you can't move them normally, perhaps you ought to strategically redeploy them? :)

Last edited:
Yep, that's the only way to move them. Admittedly it's a bloody pain to create loads of these units only for them to disappear so soon - initially we debated whether to use the rockets or a new model of plane to simulate gas attacks, as that would be a more user friendly way of doing things. Then we decided that gas wasn't overly important in the war and didn't have a lasting effect, so rockets would be best. All that clicking certainly isn't fun though, and I never really research the gas tree until I've researched most of the artillery and land doctrine tree.

As I've said above, they have tactical attack attributes, much in the same way that aeroplanes have tactical attack attributes, except that the latter can be used more than once - flying bombs in the generic HOI have strategic attack attributes, I ought to point out.

As for the mechanics regarding how much organisational loss is inflicted upon the enemy, &tc, I don't have the faintest idea :)

Gordon Freeman said:
great... whats the hell is the point of gas if its effects are made up within a day's time?

Amend your tone. Use gas in coordination with an infantry attack, to gain the brief advantage that the attacker actually had when visiting gas upon the enemy.

It does - but hardly significant. Which accurately sums up gas in the war, the kill rate was rather low once masks were issued.

If you like, you can alter the unit file to make the gas attacks have a 1000000 tactical attack value. TGW wouldn't be doing that however.

Case closed.

Shall we close this thread, Allenby?

Status
Not open for further replies.