What exactly counts as a "conquered Great Wonder"?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Snow Crystal don't suppose you could fix this in your spare time, do you? <3

I could, as I can see why it's bugged, but... That won't help you guys. Even if I fixed it, a patch won't magically be pushed, I'm afraid.
We really need a sad reaction in this forum.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I could, as I can see why it's bugged, but... That won't help you guys. Even if I fixed it, a patch won't magically be pushed, I'm afraid.
:sob:

• 2Like
Reactions:
That argument is very weird. As if Paradox - which prides itself on the ironman achievements - would want to leave their game broken. That is something I expect from a discontinued Indie-Game like Sovereignity - Crown of Kings (Old Hill achievement borked in the last dead version).

If this is such a simple fix for a very clear and known problem, pushing a patch is not exactly the greatest investment Paradox ever did. It is a small hotfix. This will invite more negative reviews, and this isn't even bombing anymore. Remove the achievement from Steam or fix it. The current top negative threads in your game forum are about this broken achievement. This is bad PR for future projects. You are bleeding credibility.

My main argument for Paradox normally was (and I was an early I:R purchaser) that I got what I paid for. A broken achievement is NOT what I paid for. I am not hyped, ever, and stick to my convictions and purchases. I gave NMS Vanilla a good review. But if you add a visual feature that is broken, I might add a negative review.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I wonder how much of an effort it is to push a patch. The bug itself would take all of 30 seconds to fix, so "getting a new patch out" is literally the only problem. Presumably such a patch wouldn't even require any QA (can't break much by changing three lines in the achievement file).

• 1Like
Reactions:
It depends how the broken part is integrated. Regardless, even a full recompilation of the entire client wouldn't be a big deal if done once to close up shop. And no they don't have to do that (as shown by micro fixes) as rarely a game compiles all their code into one file (the exe) nowadays. They just need to recompile the broken part.

I am part of Indie-Dev servers on Steam and if they want to push a patch, they do so on the same day... 5 times if needed during a beta test and hotfixes. That is not that hard. If anything PDS has some very complex approval process with red tape everywhere. The recompilation and publishing of a fix is not a major effort.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I wonder how much of an effort it is to push a patch. The bug itself would take all of 30 seconds to fix, so "getting a new patch out" is literally the only problem. Presumably such a patch wouldn't even require any QA (can't break much by changing three lines in the achievement file).
The problem might be...PR again. Yes, they earn negative reactions for not fixing the achievement...but trust me...they will get a shirtstorm too, when making a "hotfix" only for it. There are people who care zero for achievements - I'm one of those. But not all of them would react "Ok, I don't care...but nice for those players who do!" - a more common reaction would be "Why don't they fix the clear and documented gameplay bug X and instead waste ressources on fluff like achievements!?"

• 1Like
Reactions:
Effort involved. One person can fix the problem in 5 minutes. Rest is recompilation of the part and publishing of the patch. Contrary a major gameplay issue - if it is broken and not just the wishful entitlement of a player - might be a more serious issue that takes more resources and days.

Bug hunting is a pain. In this case the players did 90% of the work for the developers for a simple bug. That is not normally the case.

And no, currently the "my thing is still broken crowd" is still negative PR as is the "false game goals and promises" crowd. You won't get any more negative sentiment from a faction already up in arms. They already gave you the thumbs down and more than half forget to change it later to thumbs up anyway.

If there is something akin to attention envy, I would propose to give those people a reality check, life is different. A person constantly envious about any good deed not done to them is envious 90% of their time and always angry. No point focussing on that, you can't satisfy them. A good PR department knows that.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It depends how the broken part is integrated. Regardless, even a full recompilation of the entire client wouldn't be a big deal if done once to close up shop. And no they don't have to do that (as shown by micro fixes) as rarely a game compiles all their code into one file (the exe) nowadays. They just need to recompile the broken part.

It's a three line change in a .txt file. It's not compiled at all.

It's more about the formal process of getting the patch out to the public. PDS is a large company, not a small indie studio where a dev can just make a few changes and click the "upload" button.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's a three line change in a .txt file. It's not compiled at all.

It's more about the formal process of getting the patch out to the public. PDS is a large company, not a small indie studio where a dev can just make a few changes and click the "upload" button.

Your textfile is not used to calculate the official checksum of the ironman safety feature. It is a tidbit more to do than fix the file. Go ahead and do it... and see your game count as modded.

I did mention the PDS redtape as the likely reason. Too big with too many top heavy decisions not directly involved with the community or in consideration of minor benefits.

(Further likely distracted by the three special projects behind the scenes)

Reactions:
Here's why I need it fixed. And yes other games required rolling back to previous versions (imperator dictator achievements broken in newer versions; Stellaris also broke some achievements in v3) but an achievement that was released broken is ridiculous.

smh paradox.png

• 4Like
Reactions:
Here's why I need it fixed. And yes other games required rolling back to previous versions (imperator dictator achievements broken in newer versions; Stellaris also broke some achievements in v3) but an achievement that was released broken is ridiculous.

View attachment 750987

Geez, I have Stellaris, CKIII and IR - but doing the EUIV achievements as well... that's some dedication.

That said, I doubt we'll get a patch just to have the achievement fixed (though we really should), so my best bet is to do the achievement legitimately - I can even make you a mod that will show the checkmark once you have completed the requirements - and then use you-know-what to unlock the achievement in Steam.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Geez, I have Stellaris, CKIII and IR - but doing the EUIV achievements as well... that's some dedication.

That said, I doubt we'll get a patch just to have the achievement fixed (though we really should), so my best bet is to do the achievement legitimately - I can even make you a mod that will show the checkmark once you have completed the requirements - and then use you-know-what to unlock the achievement in Steam.
I'm not sure what the "you know what" is... I'm fine with bending the game to almost breaking, manipulating game mechanics, min/maxing, save-scumming, hopping versions, but outright editing achievements or whatever is too much :) Maybe I'll change my mind in a few months if it's still not fixed