• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It looks like isometric RPG.

ver-ss-003.png

ver-ss-006-edit.png

An Obsidian RPG?!?!?!

1300348692758091109.png

It looks like the pillars fans won the lotto. Which is a good thing!

Many Pillars fans were wanting to hear about POE2's release schedule. This one came out of the blue, however. Looks like POE2 will have more preproduction time. Maybe 1+ years.

Tyranny's split narrative and dark tones, seems to fit with some of the developments in POE. Hopefully, they learned about how to avoid the problems with POE's story narration.

One of the problems was short term motivation. The player in POE had a long term goal, but not a lot of short term motivation besides companions, side quests, combat level ups.

By ensuring that the short term goals in Tyranny are the long term goals, it makes it more streamlined experience wise. Pillars also had several dispositions, like aggressive or cruel, which might be considered evil. They weren't fleshed out very well nor had much impact on the larger narrative and plot events.

Tyranny's split narrative design might allow it to impact the plot in much greater detail.

I think with this game and Obsidian's acquisition of the Pathfinder IP, and rumors of them tackling a World of Darkness game for Paradox, that the Pillars of Eternity sequel is going to sit on the back-burner for some time. Which makes me sad and all. But I have a feeling I'll be able to live with the reasons. These all seem to be good reasons to wait.